Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Savage Hawkman (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Savage Hawkman
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and even though I liked Steacy's covers, I was always much more into Lightle's. I also really liked Giffen's covers in v.4.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Oh, and even though I liked Steacy's covers, I was always much more into Lightle's. I also really liked Giffen's covers in v.4.

Ditto, as a group of covers. I'd be hard pressed to choose which batch I prefer, Lightles or Giffens. As a favorite sequence, probably those covers you mention after the five years gap.

As a favorite single cover though my choise would probably be elsewhere. Maybe Giffen's cover for issue five would be up there for me. That was the hour glass one I think? Love that one.

For an action shot, I've always been fond of the Bounty-Sade cover but I do not remember, was that done by Jason Peirson?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
As a favorite single cover though my choise would probably be elsewhere. Maybe Giffen's cover for issue five would be up there for me. That was the hour glass one I think? Love that one.

-

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
For an action shot, I've always been fond of the Bounty-Sade cover but I do not remember, was that done by Jason Peirson?

-

[ September 06, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Y'know, looking at that cover, it's no wonder nobody knew Bounty was Dawnstar -- she had that little skull thing on her cheek! (well, if glasses worked for Kal-El...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved that both covers!!!! Bounty-Sade cover was by Jason Pearson.

I liked two covers from Moy - one is more like mesmerizing cover - Kinetix reaching out to Emerald Eye all the green around ....and second one - Live Wire losing his arm, the lighting bolts circling around him.

LSH #80 - by Mark Farmer and Alan Davis has to be my favorite....Victory! with all Legion members flying with happy faces.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
my god...I can't believe that. Anyhooo.....about the Hawkman covers...hate to admit that it is better than Alex Ross. Sorry, no offense.

What's to be sorry for? I think these covers are amazing and definitely better than some of Ross' work. Ross has a tendency to stick too closely to the real world, imo. Sometimes it looks too much like some guy posing in his studio in a home-made superhero costume.
Agreed, as much as I like Ross' artwork...I do not want to offend any Ross fans. Look like Alex has some competition. [Smile]

The artist who does Hawkman cover - is it by Joseph Wagner? or Joe Watson? I can't remember right....Correction is welcome.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Loved that both covers!!!! Bounty-Sade cover was by Jason Pearson.

I liked two covers from Moy - one is more like mesmerizing cover - Kinetix reaching out to Emerald Eye all the green around ....and second one - Live Wire losing his arm, the lighting bolts circling around him.

-  -

quote:
LSH #80 - by Mark Farmer and Alan Davis has to be my favorite....Victory! with all Legion members flying with happy faces.

-
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Agreed, as much as I like Ross' artwork...I do not want to offend any Ross fans. Look like Alex has some competition. [Smile]

The artist who does Hawkman cover - is it by Joseph Wagner? or Joe Watson? I can't remember right....Correction is welcome.

John Watson, like the good doctor in Sherlock Holmes' stories.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Lightning Lad - thanks for all of them!! However one of the covers is wrong. The cover with ONLY Kinetex reaching out to Emerald Eye which was on the stand (I believe)...she had her face looking so power-hungry - smiling but power hungry. Know which cover I am talking about?
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
That would be LEGIONNAIRES 33, with Zoe wearing excavation duds. Nice, clean layout, and you really get a sense of her powerlust in her joy at finding the Eye...

My personal favorite Moy cover was on issue 37, featuring M'onel in his new outfit.

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Lightning Lad - thanks for all of them!! However one of the covers is wrong. The cover with ONLY Kinetex reaching out to Emerald Eye which was on the stand (I believe)...she had her face looking so power-hungry - smiling but power hungry. Know which cover I am talking about?

I didn't think that was the right one. Here it is:

-

And thanks for the issue number POV. Here's one for you:

-

I actually used a version of that M'Onel in a Legion RPG and redid the outfit. If I can find the image I'll post it.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Found it. This game was called the Age of Universo in which Universo had gotten control of the Miracle Machine and remade the universe. My character (one of them) from the game before the change was Dev-Em. In this reality he was the son of Universo and was using Mon-El as his code name.

-

And this is our Vidar Family Portrait. Wayne (Starboy, he of South Park Legion) was playing Mon's adoptive brother. That is one of my photo manips showing his artistic rendering of Superboy with his pet Gates, our dad Universo and Mon.

-

[ September 07, 2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

superboymddjr
Quiet member

yes yes that the one I am talking about (funny thing I could not remember that cover...interesting how it changes in your mind five or ten years later...) a BIG Thanks!!!!

Your Mon-el looks so monstrous but cool!!!

DrakeB3004

It's kinda funny that his belt buckle just says "ME" -- why, the arrogance!
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
yes yes that the one I am talking about (funny thing I could not remember that cover...interesting how it changes in your mind five or ten years later...) a BIG Thanks!!!!

Your Mon-el looks so monstrous but cool!!!

Thanks! He was supposed to be a badass. And I used to love to do those photomanips. Just don't have the time anymore.

quote:
It's kinda funny that his belt buckle just says "ME" -- why, the arrogance!

[Razz]
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.