Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Aquaman (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Aquaman
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
Did you buy Aquaman 15? Is is good? Is it worth picking up?
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bedlam Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bedlam Lad   Email Bedlam Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know. It doesn't arive in my neck of the woods for a few more days. But I've read some advance reviews and it sounds like it's going to be quite a nice tale.

Just a heads up though. This issue contains spoilers for Superman/Batman #6 and reveals the ending. Just so you all know.

--------------------
"And afros for EVERYONE!"

-Gail Simone

From: Bradford, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Artist who did the worst issue of JSA before I dropped it + orange shirt = pass.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Is this the one with the new writer taking over? (Haven't picked it up yet, but will...)
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Got it today. Story's shaping up to be interesting. I didn't know it was working off another title. I was wondering when all this happened. It seemed kind of big just to start off a new creative team -- but look what they did to Legion. [Smile]

I was all set to drop the title until I heard there was a new creative team coming. The cover looked so nice, I had my hopes up only to find the interior art sucked. Almost as bad as Copiel's Legion. (ducks) Then I flip to the back and find out Alan Davis did the cover, so of course it looks great -- even if they put a shirt back on him (sigh [Frown] ).

I can handle bad art if the story stays good, though, so we'll see how it turns out.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
A little too gory for my tastes. And poor San Diego. [Frown] As if losing our baby Panda this week wasn't enough.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Zoo lost a panda? That's so sad. We lost two of our giraffes this week. The Salt Lake Zoo really needs to be investigated. The animal deaths have been horrendous here over the last few years.

As for Aquaman, I've been buying the title but not reading it for the last few issues. Its one of the ones, like Green Arrow, that I keep meaning to drop but never get around to doing it.

And after spending $60 (after my discount) today to pick up the last two weeks worth of holds, I really do need to prune down my list.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
The Zoo lost a panda? That's so sad. We lost two of our giraffes this week. The Salt Lake Zoo really needs to be investigated. The animal deaths have been horrendous here over the last few years.

[Embarrassed] Oops! Sorry I thought this was National News. The baby Panda Hua Mei has gone back to China as per the zoo's agreement with them. We host male and female Pandas and try to mate them, then if successful, the offspring are returned to help breed Pandas in China.

[ February 13, 2004, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It may have been national news but you know I live in Utah. Unless the 'church' had something to do with it, it doesn't make the news.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bedlam Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bedlam Lad   Email Bedlam Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
At the risk of being on topic, I must say I enjoyed this issue of Aquaman. The new threads may be a little retro, but thankfully Aquaman's attitude is just as tough as it should be.

As for the story, I must say I am intriged. This is certainly quite the mystery and I'm racking my brains as to what might have happened here. I'm sure it'll be unexpected.

--------------------
"And afros for EVERYONE!"

-Gail Simone

From: Bradford, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
We host male and female Pandas and try to mate them ...

San Diego: Pimpin' Those Pandas!

I saw the critters when I visited SD a few years ago. Very cute, I must say... though there was such a crowd of people that I was only able to glimpse them for a few seconds over a sea of tourists' heads...

[ February 13, 2004, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

This issue was pretty good I thought, but I have to say that it was a bit overly grim and too gory at the end of the issue for Aquaman.

Good things: The old costume, the old haircut and the fact that it's not a big deal that he's wearing them. Also, he's kept the same serious attitude that defined him during Peter David's run (at least, so far).

Bad: way to gory during the autopsy at the end. I almost feel bad having my kid brother read it. And also, having such a massive amount of death (San Diego) in the beginning as a plot device always rubs me the wrong way. We'll just have to see where the story goes though, since I've heard good things about Pfiefer.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

My question, re: San Diego, is why did DC pick it? I've not been reading Aquaman faithfully since the new run started (although I buy the damn book every month) so I don't know. Is Aquaman based out of SD now? And if not, why pick a real city. Are other teams based there? I know the Titans are now in SF which is, what, about 500 miles away? Wouldn't they be called in to help?

I just see this causing major continuity problems across the whole DCU unless handled very well.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I really don't like it when DC does things like sink San Diego and make Luthor president. I know that it's all imaginery to begin with, but once something like that happens, it makes it harder for me to imagine the story as being relevant. That's just me though [Smile]
Lightning Lad
Founder

I partially agree Cobbie. But I actually liked Luthor as president. That made for a higher level of sneakiness, to me. Having your number one enemy be the leader of the free world just made for better story-telling. Or should have.

What I found disappointing was the [spolier]return of the insane Lex in a suit of super-armor[/spoiler] at the end of Superman/Batman #6. I had hoped we wouldn't see him again.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.