Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Return of ADAM STRANGE (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Return of ADAM STRANGE
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i may get this tommorrow !!!

i had decided against it last week, as i'm trying to get back on a few titles .... but after the glowing reports, i guess, i should check the first issue !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
You won't be sorry! [Cool]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice art. I haven't really followed Adam Strange in the past, but I'll pick up this entire mini if the story's as good as the art...
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well my store didn't have any left. Guess I'll just download it and enjoy it that way.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
Well my store didn't have any left.

Not that I wanted you to miss it, but that could be a good sign for the book.

Hopefully your store will reorder.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I'll buy one off the rack and send it on to you, Scott. It's worth the loot!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Re-AniMiner:
quote:
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
Well my store didn't have any left.

Not that I wanted you to miss it, but that could be a good sign for the book.

Hopefully your store will reorder.

With my shop it could be they just didn't order any or just enough to cover holds. When I asked Roland he didn't even remember it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I'll buy one off the rack and send it on to you, Scott. It's worth the loot!

That's why I [Love] you Bri! Thanks!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
My CBS was sold out!

This is a good thing, as they tend to order plenty of copies of everything.

It's already on re-order and I shall have mine soon. I reserved the rest of the series too.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Suddenly I'm rather I glad I reserved mine.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Can you believe I haven't read this yet? Most of you might remember that I LOVE Adam Strange and the Silver Age science fiction heroes of the DCU. In fact, I'd say Adam is my favorite non-Legion DC superhero besides Flash and GL (Hal Jordan) and the Atom.

I think I'm just waiting until I finally get a solid time period to actually enjoy the comic. All you're reviews are making it all the more sweet [Cool]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

To do for tomorrow: Run out to Wonderland for Scott's ADAM STRANGE and a reader copy of TT/LEGION... [Smile]

I didn't realize until the MYSTERY IN SPACE Julie Schwartz tribute and this mini how much I like Adam Strange. I might just have to get the DC Direct JLA series figure... It looks really cool in the solicits [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up my copy today at another cbs. Now I'll have 2 copies when my cbs gets its second shipment. I flipped through quickly and I think I'm going to like it. The art reminds me a bit of Immonen's work on the LSH. Anybody else think that?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the recommendation -- picked it up this week -- read it friday on the way to school

LOVED IT

and i don't like adam strange (though i have always LOVED the concept)

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Read it. Loved it.

Adam Strange is one of my faves, and this is a nice reminder why. I was expecting it to be good, and my expectations have been surpassed. Diggle is a good writer, and I'm hooked. Between this, Flash, Hawkman (w/the Atom) and Hal Jordan coming back, the DCU is my place to be these days.

BTW, check out New Frontier #6 for some cool Adam Strange action!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.