Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Return of ADAM STRANGE (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Return of ADAM STRANGE
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I just finished the first issue and I gotta say the art is MIND-BOGGLING! Kinda reminded me of Jose Luis Garcia Lopez-dynamic & energetic as well as moody & iconic. Pascal Ferry's rendition of Superman in this comic book is incredible!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Phantasma
Once Upon a Time

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Princess Phantasma           Edit/Delete Post     
[Princess Projectra] I picked it up too because I like "sci-fi/space" comics. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but the art IS breathtaking. I hope this mini rejuvenates properties like Adam Strange and the Omega Men. [Princess Projectra]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Orando | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
How was the story Alec? I thought about having this pulled but didn't (I really need to cut back on my habit). But if you guys loved the art and story I'll give it a try.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Most of the issue is a recap of Adam's origin and what he's been up to until now, all well written with eye-popping illustrations. The story beginning with this issue is also well written(a sorta whodunit), and left me compelled enough to pick up issue #2.
But honestly, the art is enough reason to check this out. It's that good.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well art is definitely a big factor to me, sometimes more than the story. I'll see if my shop still has a copy. Thanks!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm anxiously awaiting my copy-- it's in the subs shipment I'm getting today. [Big Grin]

I took a peek through the first issue when I hit the shop this weekend, and Pascal Ferry has really progressed as an artist. If Dingle's story is even close to the artwork, I'm going to be a very happy camper... OF SPACE! [Smile]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVED it! The art, as lil'rhino mentioned, *is* amazing. It was almost like looking at cartoon stills I thought.

But the story was really good too! I've never had more than a passing interest in Adam Strange before and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where Diggle takes him after this issue.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Perfectra:
I hope this mini rejuvenates properties like Adam Strange and the Omega Men.

DC is hoping the same thing, I hear.

So am I. These old space-heroes are a largely untapped resource.

I read a preview copy of #1 and liked it a lot. Very promising.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm also waiting. Just take a look at my avatar, and you can see I'm a HUGE Adam Strange fan.

I can't wait to get the chance to read this!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I just got the Adam Strange Archives, so I'm looking forward to the mini series. Unfortunately, my comic book store didn't set one aside for me and they were all out. They've ordered a copy for me, which will arrive in 2 weeks. I'm just glad that they took so much care with this revival. I was really fearing another Challengers of the Unknown.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
First Issue of the new Diggle/Ferry series is AWESOME!! Buy it. Buy it now.

Great (moody) tale, plush and inventive art that's somehow even BETTER than when I saw it on-line, a great package all told. [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I was going to pass on this (despite my interest in a revitalization of OMEGA MEN and L.E.G.I.O.N.).

But you guys are persuasive. I'll get it Friday.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
FABULOUS! [Love]

Best line: "We had this Sunday School teacher in here yesterday claimed to be Wonder Woman. Personally, I don't thing he had the legs for it..." [LOL]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magnetic Boy
Rokk 'N Roll

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magnetic Boy           Edit/Delete Post     
[Cosmic Boy] Pov, I also liked the police detective's comment to the psych-assessor at Arkham that, "we deliver."

I read it and I have to say that, in addition to the great art (some pages look almost illuminated!) the story is very smart! [Cosmic Boy]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Braal | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the first issue.

You go buy now!

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.