Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Return of ADAM STRANGE (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Return of ADAM STRANGE
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw. [Smile] And I noticed the Arkham parallels...

After rereading it for the umpteenth time, I finally put my finger on what really made this issue for me: the coloring. Particularly, the muted tones of the Earth scenes juxtaposed with the bright coloring of Adam's recollections of Rann. Don't know why, that just really struck me as completely apropos of the situation; He's a man of two worlds, but is happiest on his adopted home.

edit-- RANN, not Ranz. Must have Ayla on the brain... [Love] [Wink]

[ October 10, 2004, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
The art rocked!
I cant wait to see how this series turns out. I would love to see the current team bring Adam back to a monthly series.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the first issue... Will have to wait for tomorrow to pick the second one..

Can't wait to see the Omega Men and the L.E.G.I.O.N in future issues!

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

(Unflagging this to make room for new stuff)

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Read my shop's preview copy of #2 today.

Still looking good, though I am starting to wonder if Diggle can wrap this up effectively while bringing in all these guest stars.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Just read #2. Great stuff, but I'd hoped the story would've moved a bit further by now.

The aerial combat stuff was really impressive though visually and for showing how smart Strange is.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I read my issue today..I have to agree the aerial combat was great.
I am still very impressed with the colors and art of this book. Dare I say..out of this world.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Read # 1 & 2 last night; pretty good-- I'm here for the duration.

I thought it a LITTLE derelict of the JLA that they would allow Adam to sink so low as he did-- I mean, this guy has been an ally of theirs for a long time. I guess it shows just where Adam Strange really stands with the JLA.

I was horrified to learn of Rann's fate... and to be honest, I'm *still* not holding out much hope. That's what they want us to do.

I'll give both issues a solid 8 of 10 overall.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

BUMP for issue 3, out tomorrow-- 11/24! [Bouncing Boy]
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Looking forward to it.

Sales for #2 dipped a bit more than I would have liked. I'm hoping they'll pick up again.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Same here. I'd really like this to be an ongoing...

Looking forward to #3.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Wowsa! Some faboo Thanagar scenes in #3!
Can't wait to see Pasqual's renditions of the Omega Men next issue.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Adam: "CLOTHES... or would you prefer me to walk around your ship naked?"

Wing Commander Valkyr: "Now there's a question." [LOL]

I hope she's around for the rest of this series! She looks like Hawkgirl and Batman had a daughter... with a touch of the "Battle of the Planets" baddie (Zoltar?) thrown in for good measure... Very visually striking character.

Intriguing story, beautiful art... I really hope DC picks this up for an ongoing. [Cool]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
# 3 was good, but have the Thanagarians made it a habit of executing Earthmen at their whim? Where's Hawkwoman when you need her?

Adam looked GREAT this issue.

OMG-- am SOOOOO stoked for the OMEGA MEN appearance next issue! I miss those guys! What's LEFT of 'em, anyway...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This series gets better and better with each issue... I see myself wishing for a regular series by the same team now LOL

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.