Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Return of ADAM STRANGE (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Return of ADAM STRANGE
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] for #5, out today!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Was #5 in fact out last week? I didn't see it at the CBS then totally forgot to ask them about it.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It didn't make it out this week. Hopefully we'll see it next week.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
According to DCBS #5 didn't come in and wasn't included in my monthly shipment. Maybe it'll be out this week.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Yeah, it is, but the Trader only ordered enough for pulls. I'll have to wait until the weekend to check out a copy at Wonderland. [Mad]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Just Pov:
Yeah, it is, but the Trader only ordered enough for pulls. I'll have to wait until the weekend to check out a copy at Wonderland. [Mad]

Same deal as before, Bri! I'll prob go on Sunday, so let me know if you need a copy!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Thanks, Des-- I still have it preordered, but the delay put it in my mid-February shipment. I should be OK with just looking through a copy this weekend though... [Wink]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

So, has it emerged yet?

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
So, has it emerged yet?

Yeah.

I... suppose I should have thoughts to go with that answer, but #5 just didn't click with me that much. *shrugs* It was still better than every thing else I picked up this week, however, although that's pretty faint praise.

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Understood, and thanks for the info.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
First issue I haven't liked, for the following reasons:

1. You're telling me The Spider Guild-- the race of monsters that conquered the entire Vega System by force and uses the sentients there for food-- is protected by L.E.G.I.O.N.? I ain't buying it and won't ever buy it. Where do folks think the Guild is gonna go next once Vega is drained dry? That's right, the Sol System, no matter how many treaties or whatever may exist with L.E.G.I.O.N. This concept fouls up the whole story for me.

2. They call a 1-panel appearance by an apparently bald Vril Dox a L.E.G.I.O.N. appearance? Very misleading.

3. The Spider Guild are evil human-eating monster warlords. EVIL HUMAN-EATING MONSTER WARLORDS, people. And they don't hide it either.

I just don't get it.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to agree with you Lash-
I remember the Spider Guild being very angry, universe stomping dont get in their way type of aliens.
When the Guild was storming the station I felt like I was watching "Lost In Space" when those spiders attacked. I sure dont remember them having to wear space suits back in the Omega Men series.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Someone really needs to sort out the mess that has become the Vega system.

Maybe # 6 will tie all this up satisfactorily, but this is an Adam Strange mini, not an Omega Men mini, so I doubt it.

How awful that the Omega Men, fighting to free their worlds from the giant people-eating monsters that conquered them by force, are considered the TERRORISTS. That is just so obviously WRONG, my mind can't get past the notion.

Crossing my fingers that # 6 will redeem this somehow for me...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
Lemme just say "Bleh" to the L.E.G.I.O.N./LSH elements in #6.

Edit: Should probably spoilerize the following, sorry:
Spoilers:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Didn't like Dox's look, costume, behavior, or apparent return to running L.E.G.I.O.N. Didn't like the random pile of droids accompanying him rather than Core Team members or even regular grunts. And didn't like the Durlan shrugging off energy blasts and massive physical trauma while doing its best Cthulhu impression.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

I'm still finding the series worth buying, mostly for the art. Just seems like Diggle didn't do his homework on the characters here. (For all I know the same is true of the Omega Men scenes, I just don't know them as well.)

[ March 10, 2005, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: SiliconDream ]

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with SD on this one. Was very surprised how Dox had this new look and just where are the other members??
I also agree with Lash on the treatment of the Omega Men. Is it Dox's fault they are being labled terrorist? and why is Dox even allowing the Spider Guild to be a part of the paying service contract.? I thought L.E.G.I.O.N. was out to stop those king of criminals.
I loved issue #6...I felt the whole Sardath thing was very rushed and needing some more explaining...but the eye candy art was fantastic.

On a side note..even though I agreed..I didnt agree to pay..(my try at humor)

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.