Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Return of ADAM STRANGE (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Return of ADAM STRANGE
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I would probably support it.

It would depend on how this wrapped up, and if I liked the new status quo, but it's been quite good so far.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I would definately support it. #3 was another great issue. When the Thanagarians are written interesting, as they were here, they're great to read. Diggle really seems to have a grasp on Adam's character.

I wish this were 60 pages a month [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Attn: Cobie. Click below!

A comic you might wanna get!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Kewl! Thanks Lash! I don't collect JL: Unlimited, so now I have a reason to pick this up! It looks really cool actually.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Have you heard that some of the things happening in Adam Strange may play into a bigger DC event... Like a Rann/Thanagar war? I read that in an interview somewhere, but can't remember where.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
just picked up #2 & 3 at my shop this week -- WHOA ... that's some cool mystery -- who stole Rann?
i love how things are shaping up

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to have Adam as a monthly...just need a really good space adventure/sci fi book and this one is fantastic.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just read #3. Great book so far. Ferry's art is perfect for the series. And I'm enjoying Diggle's story. I wouldn't mind seeing these two do a Legion back-up or two.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So, what else has Ferry done in the past? For that matter, what about Diggle?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Diggle has been writing The Losers - story about a group of rogue CIA operatives - or they went rogue after the agency tried to kill them off. It's been a pretty good tale although my interest in it has lagged over the past few issues.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I've never even looked at a copy of The Losers. Is it worth picking up a trade (assuming there is one)?
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Ferry did Heroes For Hire and the M-3 Warlock(Douglock) series for Marvel, and Superboy and one of the Superman titles more recently for DC. But this book is leaps and bounds beyond his earlier work... sorta like Olivier's development between Legion Lost and Legion. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I personally think Ferry's Heroes for Hire work was awesome, but then went kinda downhill for a few years (more like he just didn't have the right books to show his stuff), but has just exploded with this series. Definately the best work he's ever produced IMO, out of everything of his I've seen.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Warlock and Superboy LOOKED great. I enjoyed Warlock alot-- M-51(Machine Man) was the weakest, but I really liked the Douglock book (all 11 issues [Frown] ) and Leo Manco's Deathlok.

Superboy was weakened by Joe Kelly's writing-- serviceable enough, but it really didn't showcase Pascal's work. I'm SOO glad his work's looking so great on this mini, and hope it turns into an ongoing by Diggle and Ferry! [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

It definitely sounds like Diggle/Ferry is another Waid/Kitson or Farmer/Davis duo. Once together they should not be seperated. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.