Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Flash! (Wally West) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Flash! (Wally West)
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
From what I can gather from FLASH 219,

S
-
P
-
O
-
I
-
L
-
E
-
R
-
S
-
!!!! --She did it to herself while fighting the Medusa a couple of months ago in her comic; succinctly recapped in one panel, midfight with Giganta, thru dialogue... a lost art for comics writers nowadays. [Smile]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Oh, and yes, I -finally- got to read 219! A stupid mistake placing my December DCBS order had all my February books come at once... at the end of the month. [Frown] So forgive me if I play catch-up commenting on some titles. [Big Grin]

I loved this issue. For the first part of a cross-over, it did what it's supposed to; it's sending me to the store to pick up Wonder Woman 214.

On its own merits: Justiniano's fill-in was great. I love the effect he gave Zoom; and his Cheetah was feral. He has a bit of that Ethan van Sciver thing going on that I hadn't noticed in his work before. Definitely has me looking forward to the DAY OF VENGEANCE mini he's working on next.

And Geoff... not much I can add to the praise others have given him for his work on this title in particular. Loved the interplay between Wally and Diana, especially involving the lasso. And I'm sooo looking forward to the start of the Rogues War next issue! [Bouncing Boy]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Aaaaaaand we're BACK! Just in time for the start of ROGUE WAR!

You know you want it. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I canNOT wait for the next issue, now! I hope the original Trickster gives the smackdown to that young snot who's been appropriating his name.

The ramifications of IDENTITY CRISIS and the Top's recently revealed actions make this a storyline to watch-- though I'd say just the interactions of these particular characters would make it that.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the Top still dead? That was one of the first issues of the Flash I can remember reading.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The Top was featured n FLASH recently.

What with Magenta appearing as one of the "good guy" Rogues (if a team with Heat Wave on it can REALLY be called that), the latest TEEN TITANS arc, and the recent HAWKMAN issues, I'm totally getting a former-and-obscure TITANS fix!

I hope Magenta kicks ALL their asses!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
What with Magenta appearing as one of the "good guy" Rogues (if a team with Heat Wave on it can REALLY be called that), the latest TEEN TITANS arc, and the recent HAWKMAN issues, I'm totally getting a former-and-obscure TITANS fix!

I know! It's great isn't it!

Although I'm a little worried too because former and obscure Titans usually only show up to remind us all who they are before they're killed off! [Frown]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

[Bump] for 221! [Smile]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Another winner! Though Wally's definitely getting short-shrift in his own title... Geoff Johns is making it up to The Flash, though, since it looks like he'll be front and center in the upcoming JLA arc he's writing (to be drawn by THE LEGION's Chris Battista!).

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

space

space

space

Magenta's never been better. Maybe seeing Suzy/Black Orchid cameo in DAY OF VENGEANCE put the character in my mind, but I thought that Frances Kane looked a little bit like BLACK ORCHID in a couple of panels.

The rumble between the two ROGUES teams is fun and interesting... but I wonder where it's headed?

I'm ready for TRICKSTER to give that young pretender the smackdown. And, once again, PIPER has a scene or two, but lurks in the background. Those panel-hogging temperature twins, CAPTAIN COLD and HEAT WAVE seem to be at the center of the events.

Already, I'm eager for the next issue. How many issues make up this arc? Five?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Another winner! Though Wally's definitely getting short-shrift in his own title...

I must be perverse... I commented to a friend that if this was the Silver Age, the comic would be called Flash and the Rogues. (Flash and his Rogues?)
And I have absolutely no problem with that... [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
could be worse, could be Flash and the Pans.

Wasn't that a Firestorm villain, lol.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
CURRENT ISSUE SPOILERS FOLLOW!

"Magenta the Magnetic Witch" was a lot of fun! Yeah, this is fun as anything-- but what will happen now that The Top has crashed the party?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Flash still remains my favorite comic out right now, as my reading of the latest issue reassured me! I'm loving the Rogues storyline and can't wait for me! I only wish I could get the *whole* story now [Big Grin]

Captain Cold is still awesome, and every scene with Heat Wave is just intense these days. Weather Wizard suprisingly has emerged as one of my favorite Rogues, as well as the Top, who should prove interesting. Funny how Geoff Johns has made scenes with the Top and Heat Wave all the more intense with their respective stories, so that by showing up on screen you can just feel the intensity.

Magneta, Piper, Mirror Master and especially the originalyl Trickster also have me wanting much, much more from this arc.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Big news on the Flash front. Newsarama is reporting that as of the August issue (#225, final part of the Rogue War), Geoff Johns is leaving the title. Apparantly Johns just wants to go out on a high note. #226 will be written by Stuart Immonen and then followed by an arc written by Darwyn Cooke. The full story can be found here.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

[Frown]

Well, I needed to trim back somewhere anyway... And I have to echo the sentiments posted at NEWSARAMA... at least he's leaving the title on a high note and hasn't worn out his welcome.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.