Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Flash! (Wally West) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Flash! (Wally West)
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd buy his ROGUES series in a hearbeat. Actually, I've been saying for years he should bring back SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS.

Hate to hear he's leaving, as THE FLASH has just kicked butt and taken names for a while now.

I too am no fan of Immonen's writing (love his art though!) and would rather Cooke illustrate his own arc, though I'm enjoying Porter's art very much. Will take a "wait and see" stance for now.

As for # 222... I don't think The Top is dead either. No way. Poor Magenta indeed got shorted, but appeared unconscious in one panel on page 11. It is NOT implied that The Top is responsible for her mental instability, which is fitting. I think the insane Mother and the Trigon Seed implant were enough to make anyone a bit daffy.

My disappointment over Heat Wave's return to the bad side is gone now, with this issue's revelations. I hope Piper and Trickster get it together and don't make a full-blown return to the dark side.

DAMN, this storyline just won't let up. FLASH and HAWKMAN are kicking SO much ass!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ANNNNND I just read a solicit for JLA # 115, featuring the return of none other than The Secret Society of Super-Villains written by none other than the DC Fan's best pal Geoff Johns! YAY!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
THE SSOV is key to VILLAINS, UNLIMITED if you're not reading that title, Lash. Not to mention a new SECRET SIX.

Also, note that the artist for Geoff Johns' JLA arc is THE LEGION's Chris Battista.

[ May 29, 2005, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I really hope that Piper does not return to the Rogues.

I would much rather him be a good guy, even if he just retires...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel the same way about Piper, DB. I'd really hate to see him wake up and threaten Linda, next issue.

I'd be sad to see Trickster as a full-fledged villain again, as well. Or Magenta, for that matter.

Heat-wave, I wouldn't mind so much.

[ May 29, 2005, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Magenta should be a Titan or retired as far as I'm concerned.

Trickster and HeatWave I don't mind being villains as much.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

#223's out... spoiler

space

spoiler

space

spoiler

space

spoiler

space

spoiler

space

... as Geoff Johns' exemplary run nears the finishing line. This was an exciting issue-- with possibly a bit too much Professor Zoom (and more for next issue, as well). I'm more interested in Piper, Trickster, Magenta, the new Boomerang, etc. There was a *great* use of Mirror Master's ability, I thought-- as Captain Cold created a giant sheet of ice, which served as a mirror through which MM teleported 'rogues' to bash Wally one after another. Grodd, Dr. Alchemy-- big guns, the both of 'em.

Kid Flash appears-- looks like Wally'll need him to help Jay Garrick (whose survival I'm beginning to somewhat question...). I'm betting that Piper, Magenta, Hunter's wife and maybe Trickster will pitch in to help the heroes. Maybe even Captain Cold, who has been turned into a complex, well-developed character that should now be considered among the DCU's highest echelons of villains. Though he's so well-rounded, I don't even think of him as a villain, but as a-- if not *the* Rogue. An important distinction, at least in my mind.

Professor Zoom's getting there, too-- panel hog that he is. His motive and particular brand of insanity is pretty unique.

Oh, and Heatwave's apparently completely turned to the 'dark side' once again.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm cool with Heat Wave's return to the bad side following last issues revelation about all the mind-meddling.

And this issue was a non-stop mile-a-minute freaking MARATHON of action. It made me almost dizzy. Surely this arc will go down in FLASH history.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

#225's out-- with Geoff Johns' final FLASH story for now.

sp
oi
le
rs

sp
oi
le
rs

sp
oi
le
rs

sp
oi
le
rs

and I was a bit underwhelmed. There's a nice event for Wally & Linda... and I'm glad Piper's apparently 'himself' again. But TRICKSTER remains with the Rogues as they join the SOCIETY of Luthor, etc. ???!!! I hope he's working his own agenda, here-- since the TOP/mental adjustment thing doesn't quite work for him, IMO.

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I like that Trickster and Heat Wave are evil again. I never really liked Jesse as an FBI agent. Although, I did enjoy his trickstering in Impulse back in the day... I guess, I like him best as a shady character that might have some redeeming qualities. As opposed to just another grunt being forced to do things he doesn't want to do. Or... something. And Heat Wave's always been a freak. He's not so much evil as just sick. (I say that with love.) I was a fan of the Cadmus thing in Superboy 'cuase it was really funny but that's another one that's just kind of a good psychopath.

What I wanna know is what happened to Magenta? I didn't see her at all after the first couple issues...

I feel like the "Rogue War" wasn't a good title for this arc. Like, the War itself only lasted for a few issues and it never really seemed the forefront of what was happening. I must say, though, I am very happy with how everything ended up. Yay for Wally and Linda. And Piper. So the best gay character ever. So lame. ^_^

Lingering questions: Where's Iris at the end? I feel like I'm forgetting something with her... and didn't she have a supposed maybe romance with that older police officer...? Whatever happened to that? I wonder why Digger wanted Owen to stay away from Bart (said his brother, right?)...? Why won't Zoom die?? Seriously... just die. Oh and how did Barry know what to say to Wally? Did that mean that he was actually coming back from the future but just pretending not to for some reason or...?

Anyway, I'm sad Geoff's run is over. But I feel like he did a good job wrapping up loose ends and explaining why the Rogues are in with the Society. I definitely think that the development and changes of the Rogue characters are for the better -- Lenard and Wally's friendship from a few arcs back was awesome.

I really like who Wally's become and I really, really love the Flash. But then, you guys already knew that, didn't you...? [Wink]

[ September 01, 2005, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool issue.. I felt it was rushed and I had the same feeling Wally did... the timestream makes my head hurt as well.
Now that we have a family...what is gonna happen to him?? I thought they might kill him in the upcomming crisis. Now I hope not, Wally is great.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Killing the Flash in an upcoming Crisis? Stargazer, one hopes the writers of the series know the meaning of the phrase "been there, done that"... [I Dunno] [No]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

You would think that would be the case. It just seems that all the heroes who have been killed since Crisis have come back from the dead... Who's to say that Wally retires with family to the future and Barry returns. It could happen.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
My concern is how it affects the future now that Jenni is out of the picture...Is Iris or Don and Dawn Allen still around (in current continuity)?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Good question?
My guess is that Jenni has to be around..she has to be a decendant to Wally's kids.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.