Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Flash! (Wally West) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Flash! (Wally West)
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I will drop this as well once GJ leaves

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay I am not happy about this at all and I faer my love of this title will drop when Geoff leaves!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
you all don't like Stuart Immonen's writings? How come? Why not give him a chance to see what he will do to the Flash?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
you all don't like Stuart Immonen's writings? How come? Why not give him a chance to see what he will do to the Flash?

Why? Because it is only for one issue. There is no mention of him continuing or coming back after Darwyn Cooke takes over after Immonen's one-shot.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, and here I was all set to send an e-mail to my comic shop tomorrow to drop "Flash" because I haven't liked it for a year or so now (well, pretty much since the whole Spectre thing), but I'v been sticking around hoping it would get better -- seems like I'm in the minority on this thread, though. I finally have the addition of financial incentive to drop (I need to drop several titles, in fact), and I couldn't care less about how "Rogue War" turns out, and now Geoff is leaving and someone better might be coming along.

I like Geoff. He did some good things with "Flash," and I've enjoyed other work, but blind loyalty to the title has been keeping me on for a long time now.

Aargh, now I don't know what to do. Sigh.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Darwyn Cooke?

AWE---SOME!!!

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Darwyn Cooke? whoa....then I don't see why several of us need to drop the Flash....look at what he did to the New Frontier and I immediately enjoyed that book. Best book ever for the year of 2004 (or early 2005?)!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Big news on the Flash front. Newsarama is reporting that as of the August issue (#225, final part of the Rogue War), Geoff Johns is leaving the title. Apparantly Johns just wants to go out on a high note. #226 will be written by Stuart Immonen and then followed by an arc written by Darwyn Cooke. The full story can be found here.

They did an update. Stuart Immonen will be joined by Steve Lightle on that issue.

Howard Porter will remain the artist and I think it said that he would illustrate Cooke's arc.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I just recently dropped Flash, along with a bunch of other titles, to cut down on my spending. But I will pick up the Immonen/Lightle issue for sure. Could care less for Cooke.

Thanks for the update RTVU2!

[ May 23, 2005, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Flash is by far my favorite comic on the stands these days (and has been for some time), so this is kinda sad. Geoff certainly made my love Keystone again, and did the Rogues a justice that other comic book writers should emulate. And he created a whole slew of kewl characters too! (re: Chyre and Morillo).

I really like Darwyn Cooke, so that should be good. Just hope the book doesn’t lose steam without Geoff [Frown]

Still, Geoff’s entire run, especially once he hit his stride after the initial few issues, is probably my favorite run of the last ten years. (Amazing enough, Waid’s run from about #85-120 on Flash is a contender for fave run of the 90’s).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
For a while I've been a bit torn by Flash. I'm really liking what Geoff has been doing, especially with the Rogues, but I really don't like Porter's art either. Not enough that I want to drop the book but enough that if a writer I'm not keen on takes over then I think it might have to be dropped. But then again I'm also planning on dropping Hawkman, New Avengers and Fantastic Four (and maybe a couple of others) so I might just do a big cull on my titles and just keep the ones that i know I consistnely enjoy.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Geoff's leaving Flash, as he's more than filled Waid's shoes on the book over the past 5 years! I enjoyed his addition to the Rogues, the cops, and fleshing out Keystone City! I look forward to Green Lantern and can't wait to see what the newest Crisis is!

I'll be picking up the Immonen issue, but mostly because of Lightle's artwork, which I love! I actually had a problem with his style on the Flash covers when Kolins was doing the interiors as they had such a different feel to them. But I'm a huge fan of Flash and Lightle so I'm there! On the down side, Immonen was involved with LotR (his art was the only saving grace for that year's issues) and the Inferno mini was pure drek! [Disgusting] Love Stuart's art, but not a big fan of his writing.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Can't blame Johns for leaving. With his workload, something was going to give eventually and he had a good run on that title.

I am intrigued by the announcement that Cooke is aboard for an arc. That could be fun.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, losing Geoff's a blow to the title, for sure... but we still have the rest of the ROGUE WAR storyline. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

- I don't think THE TOP is *really* dead. Do you?

- Where was Magenta?

- I feel a bit better about Piper. I hope Wally's ID 'flash' keeps Hartley as pretty much the character he was before ROGUE WAR... with maybe his conscience/grief about his folks set to rest a bit.

- One TRICKSTER in da dumpster! Hoo-rah! The other all 'eeeevil' again? I hope not, because I think the moral ambiguity in James Jesse is one of the most intriguing things in comics. If he's gonna be a full-time supervillain again, I'll be *very* disappointed.

- *WHO* is Owen's mother? And brother!? Could *Wally* be his brother? I can't think of anyone else that would provoke Boomerang's warning--

I'm sad about Johns' departure-- but I *really* hope he gets his wish and is offered a ROGUES series.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.