Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » FABLES (Spoilers Possible For the TPB Folks) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: FABLES (Spoilers Possible For the TPB Folks)
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I would agree on that, but I'm sure i saw a flashback to the battles in the home lands that was pretty clearly Narnia.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The rabbit from Alice was in the crowd during the investigation scene with Mary's little lamb... [Frown]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Just in time for this week's new issue, The Pulse has an interview up with the guest artist for the current 2-issue arc, David Hahn. Hahn is the artist on the recent Vampire minseries Bite Club.
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope the adversary is some sickeningly sweet fable that everyone loves. That just appeals to me on so many levels.

My wife is hooked on fables and loves the babies, but now that they are five years old, they may not be as cute to her. Still, she loves the book and i buy it faithfully.

As for the off issues, like Bigby in WWII, i like them. I know it's a matter of personal taste, and don't begrudge anyone that doesn't, but full on straight out fables storylines would eventually require a quick resolution to the adversary storyline, and that is the driving force. Plus i think it fun to see how they have interacted with the mundy world over the years.

But dispite what the last issue says...

SPOILER WARNING****************

i doubt we have seen the last of Jack. He is just too good a rogue to leave off the book permanently.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The great thing about Willingham's writing here is that it could be true. There's still an element of surprise in what he does.

For instance, I can't think of another writer who would have packed off a great villain like Bluebeard so relatively quickly.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Oh. My. [Elastic Lad]

So who's got the latest issue?!

I don't yet, but stupid me, I couldn't resist leafing through a copy at my CBS. [Eek!]

My mid-month shipment's due this Friday, and it can't get here fast enough...!

Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I started picking up this series at #31. I did so because I was looking for something different.
I totally love this series and looking to pick up the beginning in trades.
Just a fantastic read.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

I started picking up this series at #31. I did so because I was looking for something different.
I totally love this series and looking to pick up the beginning in trades.
Just a fantastic read.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

sorry I somehow posted twice.
Must be a really good series. lol

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

SLK
longtime listener/first time caller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLK   Email SLK         Edit/Delete Post     
I stupidly read some preview pages on line and saw who the Adversary was before I bought the issue.

But that amazingly didn't even spoil the story for me. The explanation of how that person became the Adversary was so interesting I wanted more by story's end. I love this book!

From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
ahh Fareway Lad....
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So who is the Adversary? I never picked this book up beyond the initial first arc.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The Adversary is.... sent to you via PM since I don't know how you do the "invisible" text. [Confused]

This was guessed by a few people here, I believe - I thought it was pretty lame at first but the explanation of how he became the Adversary was very good. And, in true fairy tale tradition, a moral tale.

Where it goes from here.... an eventual truce between Fabletown and the Ancient Lands?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not convinced you know. On the Fables boards a long time ago this guy came up as the adversary. I wouldnt put it past TPTB to change things around just to surprise people.

There are some pretty good word games going on between Blue and the Adversary which hint at hiden agenda's behind hiden agenda's.

Plus that final panel? Why did ....... not recognise the Adversary if he truely was who he claimed to be

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
The story of how the Adversary came to power was gripping and very interesting but I was still a little disappointed in who he/she ended up being. The signs had been pointing to this person for so long that I was hoping for a bit more of a surprise.

However, like Faraway Lad, I'm not so sure that Willingham doesn't still have one in store. _________'s words and non-recognition of the Adversary on the last page really threw a spanner into his/her whole story! Can't wait for the next issue to see how this all wraps up.

P.S. Faraway Lad - I agree that that was quite clearly a reference to Narnia in one of the early issues of Fables, but don't try bringing that point up with Bill Willingham. He denied that it was (probably for legal reasons) and it was some fans' urging for him to admit it that drove him away from the DC Boards.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.