Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » FABLES (Spoilers Possible For the TPB Folks) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: FABLES (Spoilers Possible For the TPB Folks)
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
agree with the both of you above. there is more to what really happened, but it was a truly fanscianting how it all unfolded...
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Such deception would be a very interesting twist in the story! I figured the character in the last panel was just suffering from a knock on the head ...

Where do you suppose the Snow Queen fits in with all this? I originally figured her for the Adversary (when she first appeared), but she's probably too much the classic bad guy.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Faraway that there may well be more going on here than we know.

In other news, I hear Jack is getting a book of his own at some point.

[ August 16, 2005, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Outdoor Miner ]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Someone, please PM me who it is. I may not be able to buy my regular books for a while. And i really wanna know.

Thanks.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
collecting this in trade
sometimes it takes me a while to actually READ the book after buying because i like to sit and read the whole thing in one sitting

FAVORITE STORY: the big war against the toy soldiers ... kept me engrossed for DAYS

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

P.S. Faraway Lad - I agree that that was quite clearly a reference to Narnia in one of the early issues of Fables, but don't try bringing that point up with Bill Willingham. He denied that it was (probably for legal reasons) and it was some fans' urging for him to admit it that drove him away from the DC Boards.

I hate when that happens. The internet gives us a great chance to interact with creators but I just wish some fans would realise that creators have certain restrictions (Copywrite and plagerism just being two) on what they can say in a public forum and when someone says I cant or dont want to disccuss "X" let it go and talk about something else.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman legionadventureman has just turned 54
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
So whats next after the Adversary is revealed?

Who pushed Humpty Dumpty off the wall?

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
So whats next after the Adversary is revealed?

Who pushed Humpty Dumpty off the wall?

my guess is a jealous husband. or his old lady for the insurance.
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Chicken Little.

He was tired of the chicken vs. egg argument. [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

"I don't -care- which of us came first... because I know who'll be here LAST!!"

[ROTFLMAO]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Got issue 41 with my midmonth books today! It was a toss-up whether to read this or JLA 118 first, out of a strong batch that also had the latest JSA and Villains United, but FABLES won out. I took my afternoon break then and there, in spite of just getting back from lunch... [LOL]

Wow. This issue wraps up the Homelands story arc, and sets the plate for so much more!

S
-
P
-
O
-
I
-
L
-
E
-
R
-
S
-
-
-
-

Best line of the book goes to Pinocchio-- "Did you know that would happen, @$$wipe?"

[ROTFLMAO]

So we finally find out the truth about RRH... but do we know the truth about The Adversary? The last panel on p. 12 has some significance in all this, I think...

So all the European fables have fallen to the Emperor's armies? And we have a glimpse of the empire's next targets... interesting...

All in all, a great issue, wrapping up a great storyline. And, with as much as we've learned these past few issues, this story doesn't appear to be anywhere near its endpoint.

[Cool]

[ September 19, 2005, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree Pov.
There is so much not being told. I am looking forward to see where they take this series. I caught onto the series late but sure am enjoying the heck out of this book.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Well, DC's really screwed the pooch with its Vertigo message boards... apparently, they've just thrown all the books together under two forums, one for ongoings and one for limited series. [Roll Eyes]

Fans of FABLES might want to head over to Bill W.s Fabletown forums ( http://www.fabletown.com/forum/index.php ); it's set up like an MB should be, and Bill participates alot. There's discussion boards for his upcoming work, including SHADOWPACT (which he's DRAWING as well as writing! [Smile] ) and a JACK ongoing series spinning off from FABLES ( [Bouncing Boy] ) --good stuff.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
In other news, I hear Jack is getting a book of his own at some point.

D'oh! I see Miner mentioned the Jack spin-off months ago. [Embarrassed]

It's confirmed on Willingham's boards, with Tony Akins (he drew Cinderella Libertine and Bigby at War issues) on board as the artist. Sounds good.

--------------------

PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I have always really enjoyed fables but i think the book has lost its way a bit. I think the whole adversary thing was a bit of a botch job because of all the Peter Pan clues early on which dont in anyway relate to who the adversary actually was and also teamed with the fact that the world and his wife picked the adversary ages ago and the only thing going against it was that it seemed too obvious.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.