Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Wonder Woman (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Wonder Woman
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I know it hasn't come out yet, but, judging by how much a number of the posters here like Allan's work on Young Avengers, I figured it'd only be a matter of time before we needed a thread.

Anyway, I know we've still got a bit of a wait for this OYL series, but the released a variant cover for #1 at newsarama today by one of the Kuberts, so I figured I'd share.

Click here for preview

I'm not really fangirling over the art but that's just me. I'm picky and mean that way.

Anyway, I am curious to see what the loss of Paradise Island and the Gods means for the "Wonder Family". Should be an interesting series. Especially if that is who I think it is on the cover...

[ September 22, 2011, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting. I noticed on another OYL cover that Cassie was sporting the classic WW Eagle on her costume. Looks like they're carrying that over to Diana as well. Donna's still in her current outfit, but it's nice to see her there at all.

So are they keeping E2 Diana around? It makes sense she needs to end up SOME place know that the gods have withdrawn their plane and Paradise Island for this world. That could be interesting. I like the idea of her mentoring "our" Diana.

After much griping about Heinberg, I have to admit I'll at least be checking this out.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought Diana-2 was gone. I think that's Hippolyta. Maybe Superboy Prime will bang reality one more time.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
In words of one elongated syllable - awwww, come onnnnnn....

I'd rather Hippolyta if it had to be for real, but I expect it's E2-WW...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If they added a "Wonder Tot", I'd be sold.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
YA's Heinberg...? I can't beLIEVE I'm gonna be buying a WW book again...!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
YA's Heinberg...? I can't beLIEVE I'm gonna be buying a WW book again...!

Be-lieve me, I feel exactly the same way. My soul hurts. And yet... I feel oddly empowered as a woman. Though, I suppose that last one wouldn't work for you LASH. Then again... [Good]

RE: The other Wonder Woman-- Personally, I hope it's Hyppolita. Of course, with the Island gone, dunno why she'd "come back" on this plane but... whatever. [shrug] We'll know soon enough, I suppose. I think the new series is solicited for this month.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I want HIPPO too!

her death during OWaW *enraged* me!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I suppose it would make too much sense to combine Earth-2 Wondy and Hippolyta into a single character?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I [Love] that cover! As EDE says - all it needs is Wonder Tot and it would be perfect!

Is it really by one of the Kuberts? Doesn't look much like how I'd alwyas pictured their art but then I've never read Marvel so I guess I really wouldn't know.

I really hope this new series is a huge success though. Wondy has never been my numero uno DC character but I've always thought she had great potential, and as DC's (and the world's) most recognisable super-heroine I think she deserves a lot better than she's gotten.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I think that cover's pretty bad - *especially* for a #1 cover! Looks like bad '90's Marvel art to me...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not keen on that cover. It looks a little... distorted to me. However at least (assuming it is a real indication of who to expect in the book) it seems to confirm that Diana isn't going to die in IC and have the role taken by Donna. As for the second WW... I'm thinking it's Polly as well. It looks more like her costume than E2 WW's, but I could be wrong. Also E2 WW generally seems to be drawn to look older than Polly does and she doesn't look that old on this cover.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't be surprised if there is no second WW at all and that's some kind of cover thing (the new Wonder Woman explodes out of the old continuity! type thing). Either way, its probably Polly, and not the E2 Diana, although like EDE says, they'll probably combine it into one coherent history.

I'll def be buying this though! Lets hope Heinberg can keep his schedule, b/c I am DEFINATELY not one of those fans that feels a series should wait for its writer and artist.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
they'll probably combine it into one coherent history.
Pick out the word that doesn't belong above...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
they'll probably combine it into one coherent history.
Pick out the word that doesn't belong above...
The answer is "probably", of course.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.