Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Superman, Action Comics, and Supergirl (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Superman, Action Comics, and Supergirl
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm only just buying the rest of the parts of the Action Comics story, with the first and second part, and I can stop gabbing about how frikking adorable Mister Mind is in #891, during the Wild West sequence.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Thumbs up for Superman #708. The Superman Squad was very cool. The "Grounded" story line develops more of a sense of purpose and there is some unexpected villainy at work. Superman's first meeting with the new Wonder Woman was memorable. The art was very good.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
SUPERGIRL #61: So who or what is Alex? Luthor's 'other son', as Sarcasm Kid alluded to? Brainiac's? (He calls either his computer bank 'father' or is broadcasting to someone we don't know the ID of). The coloring makes his face look white... the girl he kissed says his lips felt chalky. Is he related to the Joker?

If I had my druthers, it'd be none of the above, as I think his set-up was individual enough without having to tie him to an established DCU character. But since it seems he will be, I *am* curious.

I wish his three victims?stooges? weren't given such short shrift. I kind of liked the way they interacted.

It's somewhat surprising that they go for a Teen Titans member as guest star, rather than a JLA one.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoyed issues #60 and #61 of Supergirl... I haven't been following her since her reintroduction to the DC universe... I thought they tarted her up too much... but after reading the Annual with the LSH, I decided to check out her monthly adventures... I like how she plays off of Robin in #61... their team-up in Superman/Batman at Halloween was great too... now that I've dropped Superman, I'm going to give Kara's book a chance...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Superman #710 gave us another take on the first meeting of Superman and Batman. This time, featuring an encounter with Vandal Savage. The story didn't add much and only served to further muddy continuity.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What do readers here think of the 'big' event that happened in ACTION 900?

Does it imply that Clark's membership in JLA will be even more distant? Maybe he'll be a member of JLI when it gets it's monthly?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lame
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe it will never be spoken of again
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The timing couldn't have been any worse. [LOL]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

RE: Superman #714

A disappointing conclusion for the series and the "Grounded" story line. It tried to be all hopeful and full of positive Superman energy. In the end, it just felt trite.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
^ Agreed.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought that the Retroactive Superman issue was better than anything I've read recently. I liked the paper it was printed on too.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Supergirl, Power Girl and Batgirl (the Stephanie Brown one) sure are getting the shaft in DC's realignment. These three blonde ladies have been starring in three solo titles featuring heroines that have been quite enjoyable reads. I'll miss them. I even forgive Miller the horrible usage and death of Kid Eternity (who'll be back one day, I'm sure) in BATGIRL.

Does the fact that they're blonde mean they can't add to 'diversity'? (How I'm beginning to loathe that word...)

DC's definition of that word is such a crock. It not only ignores ageism, it's become a corporate symbol of it! And comics continues it's aggregate geographicism-- where are the titles with Southern characters? Those from the Pacific Northwest? From anywhere other than the overused NY City and LA?

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Reading Morrison's "SuperGods" non-fiction book now, and between that and All-Star, I really like his take on Superman, so I'm cautiously optimistic for the relaunch next week.

I still not sure we need another re-imagining after Birthright, Secret Origin, Earth One, etc. But I'm willing to see what Grant can do.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Preview for Action Comics #1:

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=44117

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.