Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel's X-verse (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Marvel's X-verse
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
TOTES glad I bypassed that at the CBS Weds. I *almost* gave in and got it. Hmm. Must try to find Wolvie and X-Men 7-8 on the shelf then wait for a trade of 1-6! Marvel does 6 issue trades, right?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Although still an entertaining comic, I was a little less impressed with #8 than with the rest of the run. I thought it was a little too soon to revisit the gambling world. That well ain't deep enough to keep dippin' the pail in this often this soon.

Unlike the very disturbing Helltyke Club.

One thing I don't get- Angel *did* heal mutants, and only mutants, for awhile. It makes sense that he wouldn't remember how, but everyone else? Why?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
New Mutants ends their Paradise Island/ Ani-Mator storyline in a satisfactory manner. There was some semi-fascinating internal dialogue between the two halves of Douglock.

Once separated Doug gets a new pet, of sorts. Though not one he can take home with him.

Was anyone else creeped out a bit by the concluding therapist scene? I'm not sure that was intentional. I hope DNA keep Doug grounded as his intelligence continues to expand.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I was actually considering if I wanted to keep going on X-Men: Legacy, and then in the latest issue, Chamber, who I've always been ambivalent about, gives a quick speech about love that is one of the best things I've read in an age. That enough reaffirmed this is a series I want to keep reading.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
I also gave Avengers versus X-Men a try:

[shrug] It's drawn by John Romita Jr. It's quite light and quick to read through.

there's more drama about Hope being the new Phoenix avatar ... but the more I think about her the more I'm not convinced ... I mean she duplicates powers so maybe she's just duplicating the Phoenix force ... dosn't necessarily mean she's the only new avatar.

Anyhoo ... there's all this drama about the Phoenix returning to Earth ... to destroy and find an avatar ... and the last time it was here Jean Grey killed herself to stop it ... more dire warnings and pearl clutching.

I guess the Avengers and the X-Men haven't been keeping up with their comic books and the last five times the Phoenix has returned to Earth!!!

I mean what telepath hasn't been an avatar for the Phoenix at this point? Dr. Druid? maybe?

Cyclops wants to use the Phoenix force to restore mutant kind to prominence in true super villain fashion ... even though like ALL the X-Men stories for Claremont's entire first 32 year run were about NOT using your powers as a bully.

... and then at the end of the issue everybody fights.

I confess part of the appeal of this book is seeing a bunch of despicable characters beat the tar out of each other.

The premise of this conflict really continues to baffle me since ... we already have a Phoenix on Earth ... in the form of Rachel Grey and another Omega level mutant Kid Omega ... that no one seems to be worried about.

Also, didn't Wanda just vow to restore all the mutants powers ... or did i miss an issue of Young Avengers ? If wanda's going around restoring the mutants ... that kinda blows a hole in Cyclops major reason for wanting the Phoenix force to himself. (besides him being creepy )

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Although still an entertaining comic, I was a little less impressed with #8 than with the rest of the run. I thought it was a little too soon to revisit the gambling world. That well ain't deep enough to keep dippin' the pail in this often this soon.

Unlike the very disturbing Helltyke Club.

One thing I don't get- Angel *did* heal mutants, and only mutants, for awhile. It makes sense that he wouldn't remember how, but everyone else? Why?

I wasn't so glad to see the gambling world again but I am glad they seem to have wrapped it up ...
Click Here For A Spoilerand giving Wolverine the use of his legs! I find the wacky comaprisons between him and Prof. Xavier hilarious.

I am excited to see the HellTykes verus the students ! [Big Grin]

In issue 7 (or 8) I loved how Kid Gladiator ... Click Here For A Spoilerdidn't want to be cured of his brood state! "I look awesome!!" haha, and I also like him seeing Evan in battle and gaining soem respect .. maybe he won't be such a bully to him now

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Hee-hee! That make me chuckle, too. Kid Gladiator is so bombastic it's kind of cute. He, Broo, Kid Apocalypse, Quentin Quire and Krakoa (who really ought to get his own name...) are the most bizarre team- it's beautiful!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I was quite shocked to find Wolverine and the X-Men sold out today! It's been some time since I haven't been able to get X anything!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Picked up Uncanny X-Force today ... it's getting a bit messy. I think I'll keep getting it because it is sensationalist and the art is ok, and there's action BUT ... I don't really have anything nice to say about the characters or the maze of plots ... so I'll stop reviewing it in depth.

really not liking where they have been taking Betsy ...

and the fight between Nightcrawler II and Iceman II was melodramatic.

I'm losing faith quickly ... If I keep getting it, it's because it's a guilty pleasure not because I'm taking it seriously.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Finally got Wolverine #9.

This is the worst of the entire run but, still good. it's an Avengers vs. X-Men tie in. I would bet good money it's the best tie in of the whole event.

It begins with Click Here For A Spoilera bunch of wacky aliens betting on which planets the Phoenix force is going to eat next …. betting on Earth. [Big Grin]

... and we get some friendship between Hank and Logan.

One thing that confused me was, It seems like this is another Warbird character. and that 'Warbird' is a class of Sh'iar warrior.

we get some fun Kid Gladiator scenes, and some Idie and Wolverine character development. Even the Toad gets a sweet scene!

Anyway, lots of "The Pheonix is coming ... The Phoenix is coming". The issue really suffers for it and I wish Aaron got to just do whatever else he would get to do.

One more fun thing:

Click Here For A SpoilerDaddy Gladiator is coming with a bunch of 'death commandos' to stop the Pheonix force and/or rescue Kid Gladiator … which I don't think KG is gonna like. Besides I would put Gladiator near the Pheonix force in power level ? [shrug]

One thing I really don't get is why Rachel Grey just dosn't grab the Phoenix force ... "I knew I left that somewhere!"

The whole event is shrugworthy [shrug] and puzzeling
[Confused]

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
This might be a little off topic, but did anyone ever notice how many students the Xavier Institute had?

And the fact that most of them are dead kind of puts the Titans deathrate to shame.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Northstar proposes to boyfriend:

http://majorspoilers.com/2012/05/22/northstar-proposes-to-his-boyfriend-in-astonishing-x-men-50/

The big two seem to have their events in synch ... maybe they have moles at each others office ... or it's like a coke-pepsi conspiracy!

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

The preview pages are really cute.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
DC better step up and have Thomas Wayne marry Jor-El!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately, I'm only reading the Avengers vs X-Men so I'm missing most of the story.
sigh

Who is Rachel Grey?
I know who Rachel Summers is, or was.
Isn't she Scott's and Jean's daughter from another universe or something?

Who's daughter is Hope, anyway?
[Frown]

I still like the characters and I'm not burnt out on the Phoenix.
Anyway, I find that I like Hope.
Is her power like Duplicate Boys or like Nemisis Kids?

Finally, given Wanda's current history, I don't think that I would trust her to 'fix' mutantkind, either.
So, Scott makes perfect sense to me.
[shrug]
If I were a mutant

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.