Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel's X-verse (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Marvel's X-verse
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
GAH!
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
uhoh

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
What CJ Said.

I have three characters I love at Marvel. They've killed one and brought him back (cheapening his sacrifice - and I do feel the same about Barry over at DC). At least Colossus is back.

Spider Man is not the same character I grew up loving. He would never make a deal with a devil to achieve his ends. Never.

And now the X-Mens latest casualty.

With this latest character to be killed. I have no reason to read Marvel.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
That's how I feel about both Janet Van Dyne and Ralph Dibny..,

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I was in shock when I read that book.. how could they do it?? He was the only reason I picked up an X-Book in the first place!!!

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe they would kill this character! I'm sure a certain poster of utmost to this board can't either. I think it disrespects a certain departed creator's legacy, as well.

However, I will say that the odds of this death sticking forever are incredibly low. Death at the Big Two is about as permanent as the ever-changing tax laws, if not even less so.

In any case I guess it's somewhat of a mercy killing given how the X-books have sucked for such a long time. If he's gone for awhile, at least the character won't continue to suffer from the poor writing and bad directions like the rest of the X-Men I grew up loving.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
wtf. the only one that was still an x-man basically. which i', surprised they killed him cause he was the only other half of the debate on cyclops' misguided direction he was taking the team. now i feel like he got so much air time cause he was going to die. where the hell's storm. she's gonna be upset.

i'm so upset i may drop the x books. and i'm more of an x fan than a legion fan!

now i say kill em all. go bastion! [Wink]

[ April 29, 2010, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Since I'm not enjoying any of the X-books these days anyway, I checked the spoilers. I'm not all that surprised. My expectations for the X-comics these days are so low that this fits with their recent performance.

If anything, I'm with Lardy: I don't take this seriously as a long lasting death and am almost glad it removes him from the table for awhile while the X-books further fall into suckiness for the next few years. I'm about as emotionally charged as I was when Martian Manhunter died in Final Crisis: a big "yeah, right". A stupid editorially decision that will eventually be undone. The over/under is 2015. I say under.

On the other hand, I find the X-Books so unenjoyable that I'm kind of with Power Boy: let's see some wholesale slaughter. Starting with Cyke and Emma.

The X-Books have sucked for a long time. This is like post 77 on the non-existent LW thread entitled "101 Reasons not to buy an X-Men comic these days".

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I'd give this whole 'second coming' thing a try.. and over all, i've just been incredibly shocked over all the needless death.. Is this what the X-books are about now?

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Who else died? Go ahead and spoil. I have the issues in my stack waiting but I'd rather get spoiled on LW than read them right now.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Click Here For A SpoilerNightcrawler, Ariel... also several members of X-Factor appear to have died as well... including Longshot and the Multiple Man guy..

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
WTF?!?!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I doubt Madrox is really dead. But the other X-Factor one is surprising.
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

They were hired by The Absorbing Man to follow Titania to see if she was cheating.. they were all in a car and slaughtered by one of those Mutant hating groups. They made a point of showing that Madrox wasn't a duplicate.. and they checked the bodies.

Could be a ruse, I suppose.. but it looked pretty convincing.

--------------------

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the newsarama link on Nightcrawler

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/nightcrawler-history-100429.html

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.