Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel's X-verse (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Marvel's X-verse
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Longshot was very specifically instructed to 'handle the money' (and presumably use his powers to backtrack where Creel got it, and anticipate the ambush), which means I'm expecting that;

A) What we saw at the end was some sort of flash that Longshot was having of the enemy's plans, since they mapped them all out at the beginning of the book in scenarios like this.

B) Madrox, etc. are using some other technique to trick the bad-guys. (Normally, I'd pick Monet's telepathy, since she can plant false scenarios in people's heads, but she's busy off-screen dealing with another situation.)

The Madrox, Rictor and Longshot getting ganked scene *has* to be fake. Longshot just doesn't get shot.

But I do agree that the death of older X-Men doesn't mean as much to me as it used to. Cyclops has been dead at least once, Colossus as well, Jean a couple of times, Wolverine at least once, Bobby once, Psylocke twice, I think, etc.

Given the crap they've put some of those characters through, a couple years in the ground might freshen them up. (Spawn of Azazel, anyone? Chuck Austen is the debil!)

Cyke and Emma have been two of my favorite X-characters, in the last decade, but they've been trashed over the last year or two that even *I* want them dead!

[ April 30, 2010, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I had heard the X-Factor deaths were a bit of a ruse.

I've never been one to let the death of a favourite (in Nightcrawler's case, quite possibly the favourite) character deter me from reading a title. But a number of favourites? That might do the trick.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
X-Factor is the only X-title I'm reading these days, and while the interactions between Guido, Monet, Rictor and Shatterstar are entertaining (Siryn and Darwin, not so much), I'd probably dump it from my pull list if Madrox was removed from the book.

But that seems very unlikely to happen, since PAD clearly prefers the character and has pretty much built the team around him.

Classic Nightcrawler, all swashbuckling and fun, was always a favorite, but he's been effectively dead for a decade or more anyway, so I'm not feeling the actual death of the character. The Kurt I cared about was long gone, anyway.

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm in tears!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I did this as a homage to Nightcrawler,A DC version of the character Brimstone,Son of the Demon Etrigan.
 -

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I just finished reading X-Men Origins: Emma Frost. Now, I've never been an Emma fan, and I probably would not have bothered, and definitely would not have bought it, if it hadn't been written by famed blogger Valerie D'Orazio. But I was eager to see if she could write fiction as good as she can write about real life.

It's not perfect, due to artwork that is mediocre at best and downright ugly at worst, but I feel I still got my money's worth. Emma for the first time seems three-dimensional and sympathetic. Valerie knows more than a little something about growing up a misfit with daddy issues, and she brings her perceptions to the printed page quite gracefully.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to drop X-Men: Legacy, even though I love Rogue (she's one of my favorite female superheroes anyone, ever). I just can't figure out why I'm still buying it anymore.

Plus, I hear a lot of the younger mutants who essentially replaced the young mutants from the "New Mutants" tsunami relaunch a years back are showing up, and I'm still bitter about that.

I can barely sit through an interview on what's going on in the X-verse these days, let alone read the stories, so I'm not really sure what is going on in the upcoming months. I think there's a new X-Men #1 coming out (damned if I know who is writing & drawing it though). I'll replace Legacy with that for a little bit but if that's awful too, I'll drop it.

X-Force is still a definite 'no'.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
X-Force was Click Here For A Spoilerbloodshed and carnage

and some not so bright leadership by cyclops and crew.

Click Here For A Spoilersending x-force into the Nimrod future via cable's time travel device? they can't similarly enhance it to teleport everyone out of the city, or one person to go back in time and warn them, or prevent illyana from being captured, or send for help to bring the avengers inside .... or open a portal to get help from some future where mutants are rampant and have defeated the sentinels? I'm just saying jeffries, beast and the x-club are pretty smart and if they can enhance his device to send a team, they can figure out some other way to use it to flee or get help rather than sending x-force into the lion's den

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
I had heard the X-Factor deaths were a bit of a ruse.

Turns out it was Click Here For A SpoilerDarwin projecting illusions. which i'm not sure should exactly be within his power class.

last i saw him he was on the X-Men island. oh well. i just flipped through the issue at the store, didn't purchase it so i don't know more than that.

i hope no one was a fan of hellion either. i was. Click Here For A Spoilerhe's handless now. maybe he will get some cyborg arms like his girlfriend. (jolt?)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Heads up:

I don't read X-Men Forever, but X-Men Forever Giant Size #1 features Marvel's LSH analogs, the Imperial Guard, as drawn by classic LSH artist MIKE GRELL!

Will buy tomorrow and review this weekend.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Bad news -- X-Men Forever Giant Size #1 turned out to be a case of the old saying, "Let the buyer beware."

Don't make the same mistake I did by buying this sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if you're a Mike Grell fan -- his inking has gotten murky and he seems to have completely forgotten everything he ever knew about creating good sequential art.

And, oh yeah, Claremont's story was crap, but that was pretty much a given.

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I suspected as much. I'm still getting New Mutants Forever, though. The things I do for Dani.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I know what you mean, Arachne. I'll probably at least Byrne-steal New Mutants Forever for the same reason as you.

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
i hope no one was a fan of hellion either. i was. Click Here For A Spoilerhe's handless now. maybe he will get some cyborg arms like his girlfriend. (jolt?)

Well crud, he was one of my favorites! (Him, Dust, X-23 and Elixir. Santos and Miss Mercury could die in a fire for all I cared.)

A girlfriend with cyborg arms? Huh. Wasn't he dating some combination of Wind Dancer, X-23 and one or more of the Stepford Cuckoos? Oy, that boy gets around.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I just know about a love triangle between him and x-23 and surge (not jolt) i.e.: cyborg arms.

@ Fanfic Lass - I picked up the X-Men forever issue at the store, flipped through it, and put it back, i actually almost bought it for the second reprint story, even though i already have it cause that era was sooo good.

is elixir still around? he hasn't been seen in the carnage of the recent x-crossover.

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.