Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel's X-verse (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Marvel's X-verse
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I actually really really enjoyed his return ... it was one of the few times I gasped out loud from turning the page. And Kitty finding him.

Then it seems like people don't know what to do with him.

There's no room for nice guys in the Marvel U.

Nightcrawler is also one of my favorites, I'm not sure about his priest phase though, seems like they did it just for the look, to have a demon in priest's clothing. In my bitter jaded opinion.

Actually, most of my favorites have jumped the boat. Kitty Pryde is hanging on for dear life ... she's going to go crazy and start beheading students soon.

Storm as well, but she's just irrelevant eye candy now, when she used to be such a dominant personality.

i can go on and on ...

Magik ... if she's actually evil ... it defeats the purpose of her character. There's no conflict. no irony or juxtaposition.

[No]

the only thing that is keeping joy alive is the rare bits in Wolverine and the X-Men ...

I like the new kids ... Kid Omega, Genesis and Kid Gladiator.

But it really suffers from the company wide events. The Avengers vs. X-Men crossovers have been by far the worst issues of the short series. Its a shame really because its gone from the best X-Book in years to something muddled. (Hell the best Marvel book in years probably)

Also, The Uncanny X-Force finale may take Genesis away from us ... or turn him evil or into Apocalypse or some such thing.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if some of the newer characters would just go away for a while. There are so many now that a lot of them will probably just be used as cannon fodder.

And deaths don't sadden me anymore, considering how many have died recently.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I would agree with you but the most recent batch of kids ... is so much more interesting to me than most of the characters added over the past 20 years. They're fun! and have a lot more going on for them !
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wolvie & the X-Men is a great combo of fresh new characters and old favorites used *very* well...if only they'd stop with the damn crossover tie-in nonsense.

Otherwise it'd be perfect.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know, I like a lot of the next-to-last batch of kids!

Has anyone else read the Pixie Strikes Back mini-series from a couple years ago? I thought it was delightful!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I like them too ... ( Prodigy and Anole especially )

I think I only read # 1 of the Pixie Strikes Back mini ...

I liked her stories in the x books though, she got a lot more attention than the rest of those kids.

But the latest batch are more my cup of tea and they are a smaller group basically running all over Wolvie and the X-Men ... and even the other books when (and getting loads of attention and story) ... the last batch have kind of disappeared.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Hmm, I haven't read that many comics but I prefer the young X-Men generation (Surge, Anole etc. and so on up to Graymalkin and Cipher) over the Hope generation. Except Hellion, they can write him off into limbo and I wouldn't mind [Razz]

I wish all the X-Books would do something like Wolvie and the X-Men, and just keep their lineups stable but rotational. I say have a moratorium on introducing new characters, since we already have so many right now.

Split all the existing characters among the current books, maybe 10-12 per book, and rotate the 10-12 in each book for a bit. At least until things settle down. I mean, lately the X-Men (and Avengers, kinda) have been going through so many upheavals. It seems like just as things start to settle down and they begin to deal with the consequences of the LAST big event, we're hit with yet another big event. I haven't even absorbed the last four crossovers yet yeesh!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Hmm, I haven't read that many comics but I prefer the young X-Men generation (Surge, Anole etc. and so on up to Graymalkin and Cipher) over the Hope generation. Except Hellion, they can write him off into limbo and I wouldn't mind [Razz]

Ha, Hellion is one of my favorites! Him, Dust, X-23 (who I went in expecting to loath!) and some of the less-used characters like Elixir and Anole.

I was never that fond of Surge or Rockslide or Mercury, but not every character was written for me, obviously. [Smile]

I do wish that Wind Dancer had made it through the Decimation and been a New X-Man, 'though.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Hellion is also one of my favorites ... I wish he had arms though, seems too contrived that the TK kid loses his arms ...

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I mean, lately the X-Men (and Avengers, kinda) have been going through so many upheavals. It seems like just as things start to settle down and they begin to deal with the consequences of the LAST big event, we're hit with yet another big event. I haven't even absorbed the last four crossovers yet yeesh!

Agreed, the big *events* have thrown me off the boat. Especially since they are glossed over so quickly, like the Siege where everyone was at each other's throats ... has totally been swept under the rug ... as will Avengers vs. X-Men ... judging by the new line ups. Its maddening.
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Man, I was hoping the return of the Hellions would be a great multi-parter for this title... and how disappointed I've been in it. This was a perfect 'loose end' for the team to clear up in the regular X-verse-- one that would've drawn lots of old fans.

Instead, it all took place in some other timeline. Yawn. I'm sick of X-alternative timelines.

And the art sucked.

DNA have really disappointed me here, though I'm sensing heavy editorial influence, as per usual in many non-Marvel architect X-books.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Ha, Hellion is one of my favorites! Him, Dust, X-23 (who I went in expecting to loath!) and some of the less-used characters like Elixir and Anole.

I was never that fond of Surge or Rockslide or Mercury, but not every character was written for me, obviously. [Smile]

I do wish that Wind Dancer had made it through the Decimation and been a New X-Man, 'though.

We agree on Anole, X-23, Dust and Wind-Dancer, definitely [Razz]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Wolverine and the X-Men #17 gets my highest recommendation!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/jason-aaron-and-michael-allred-embrace-the-weird-w,85809/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: the Allred Doop issue.

'Effin Brilliant. From start to finish. That Marvel would publish this in one of their best selling titles says a lot.

One could only hope it's a recurring thing.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

It was fantastic ... the perfect artist for this book.

Sadly, Other than Wolverine and the X-Men ... I am dropping all X and Avengers books.

Even Wolverine and the X-Men looks like it is going to have to have regular tie ins with the Marvel U events ... their preludes and aftermaths.

To no fault of its own, Wolverine and the X-Men has become a home run or strike out book (IMO). Some issues are especially good, like the first 8 or 10 ... before it got sucked into the regular Marvel events ... and some are really bad ... like the one where Phoenix Colossus forces Kitty to go on a date with him. Effectively ruining their relationship.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Wolverine and the X-Men #21

The circus comes to town. and this continues to actually be a book about the kids.

for me, the pacing of this title has suffered possibly because of the intermediary cross over issues ... but its issue 21 and we are still on the Hellfire tots. [Hmmm?]

Also, this issue is a homage to earlier classic uncanny x-men stories. the captive or circus x-men stories were never my favorites.

The second issue of this story line should be better as the action picks up.

I think this book better get an injection of something soon!

[Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El]

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.