Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
catwoman on the team sounds great, i can only imagine her spouting biting sarcasm when things start getting all kooky.

i never heard of Alexandra Damaskanos. I'm so curious I tried googling ...

[ June 10, 2010, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I was trying to think of a team that would be completely at odds with one another but could still get things done:

Wonder Woman
Spy-Smasher (from BOP)
Batwoman
Starfire
Zatanna
Dr. Light

They're kind of more geared to the grandiose than BoP, which already kind of does exactly this premise in the DCU for spy / mystery related stuff.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
YO YO YO.

so, i figured i would do the team creations off of the comics i got this week.

unfortunately not a lot of team books in my basket.

let's do:

NEW AVENGERS!!!

so i think i will do a vigilante, low key avengers similar to who've been running in the comic. but feel free to do a cosmic team, a supernatural team, something offbeat ....... just not a classic big team cause that will probably be a later challenge.

i say about 6 again? (i ended up ding like 8)

1. Spider Man (too much comic relief)
2. Power Man (he's indicative at this point)
3. Moonstone (yes, she's evil, but tough and brillant, and maybe a bit more ont he fence than we think, and not quite the powerhouse that CM 2 or Miss Marvel is, she's phases ..it's sneaky.)
4. Dr. Strange (i think a lower power version like the current one is interesting)
5. Hawkeye 2 (why not, she's like hawkeye but adds a new younger sister dynamic)
6. Hank Pym

so my team seems to be a bit mentally ill, but could make for some great stories and Hank adds the science and the 'classicism'. <---is that a word? and could be a co leader.

it's kinda a team made up of kids that need to get their crap together in some way. they would fight B level threats and villains, and be involved with undercurrents rather than the high profile.

i've taken out the Ms. Marvel / Spider Woman friendship and the Iron Fist / Power Man dynamic too ... but, i think it could still work as a 'family' team.

other ones i considered:

7. Quicksilver
8. Hellstorm
9. Black widow, or maybe a mutant.

I think i would definitely add Quicksilver, while Widow and others make cameos as New Avengers might be interacting with much of the MU.

cheers!

next week i'll try to do a DC ;P
so with an edit/reboot post: i would do:

7: Quicksilver
8: She-Hulk (she adds stability and humor. and POWER RAHHR)

[ June 20, 2010, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
NEW AVENGERS!!!
1. Spider Man (too much comic relief)
2. Power Man (he's indicative at this point)
3. Moonstone (yes, she's evil, but tough and brillant, and maybe a bit more ont he fence than we think, and not quite the powerhouse that CM 2 or Miss Marvel is, she's phases ..it's sneaky.)
4. Dr. Strange (i think a lower power version like the current one is interesting)
5. Hawkeye 2 (why not, she's like hawkeye but adds a new younger sister dynamic)
6. Hank Pym

7. Quicksilver
8. Hellstorm
9. Black widow, or maybe a mutant.

Dr. Strange, as much as I love him, just doesn't work on this sort of team, IMO. They've tried powering him down to kludge him onto an Avengers made up of street level heroes and jumped up wannabe ninja, but he's just not Dr. Strange, if he can't do any of the stuff that Dr. Strange traditionally does. Another mystical hero like pre-Sorcerer Supreme Brother Voodoo, or pre-power up Dr. Druid, or Daimon Hellstrom, would probably work better in this sort of role.

Amanda Sefton, post-limbo-queen, would probably be awesome in this sort of role. She's got mystic cred, she's got ties to the mutants, and she's built-into the backstory of the setting. With the Scarlet Witch off in 'we made her too powerful and now we can't use her' character limbo, Amanda might provide a nice female presence to Marvel's supernatural lineup.

Moonstone as the team powerhouse? Oh, that's fun. Having her on a team with Hawkeye 2 might be amusing, as they'd snark at each other mercilessly.

Hawkeye 2 could also be powered up a tad, for the 'big leagues,' because she is technically using the Swordsman's sword, which has some Makluan tech built into it, allowing it to shoot force blasts and stuff. (Makluan tech being the stuff that powers the Mandarin's Rings, so it's no slouch!) I could imagine the look on her face the first time she accidentally triggers one of the swords powers...

'Holy crap!' <drops bow> 'Ice beam! Ice beam! Ice beam! Take that, biatches!'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Thanks Set.

yeah i thought moonglow versus hawkeye 2 would be endless laughs...and don't think moonglow could spar with an adult female avenger as well.

and i always wanted hawkeye 2 to bust out with an energy blast or something from those swords.

i'm sticking with dr. strange (personally) for his brain and knowledge of lore rather than his power level.

so the my team now is looking kinda like:

1. Hank Pym (leader and science brain)
2. Luke Cage (leader and vision of the team)
3. Moonstone (redemptive and brilliant energy user)
4. Dr. Strange ( almost going with hellstorm but...too evil and he'll always be a defender to me)
5. Hawkeye 2 (youthful exuberance and moonstone check)
6. Spidey

and into the mix:

7. Quicksilver
8. She Hulk (for cameos)

maybe 9. Eros

not sure, he's more cosmic.

Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Eros showing up, checking out Hawkeye 2, and getting smacked into orbit by She-Hulk, would be about the only scene I'd need of him. [Smile]
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

yea, i missed the whole sexual harassment era of eros. i just remember him from the 80s avengers.

i like how he's a cosmic-light hero.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Moonstone and Hawkeye 2 face off:

-

>)

Set

While I'm not a fan of Eros as a character, I do wish there were more low-grade Uranian Eternals out there. (I think they killed them all, again.)

I like the Eternals power-set, but the ones that tend to join the Avengers (Sersi, Gilgamesh) are usually the insanely over-the-top more-powerful-than-even-a-god Eternals.

It might be fun to see a 'normal' Eternal, who is merely ri-frikken-donkulously overpowered, but isn't necessarily the fastest (Makkari), shapeshiftingest (Sprite), energy-manipulatingest (Ikaris, Thena), strongest (Gilgamesh) or matter-rearrangingest (Sersi) one on the planet.

Or, heck, we don't see nearly enough *Deviant* superheroes. That could be cool!

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked the "Heroes for Hire" lineup from awhile ago that Ostrander put together. Ant-Man riding a little dragon seemed weird though.

My "Street" Avengers:
- Hawkeye (leader)
- Falcon
- Tigra
- Spider-Woman
(hmm, a lot of animals on this team...)
- Machine-Man
- Cloak & Dagger

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

and Tigra and Jessica Drew both were private I's.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Is it next week already?

Since the only DC team comic I bought this week was LSH 2 ... in which Saturn Queen stars .....

let's do a new Legion of Super Villains to tire out our new LSH.

I'm going to do a core team, but feel free to interpret however you want.

1. Saturn Queen (Eve Aries)
2. Lightning Lord
3. Lightning Lord's twin
4. Cosmic King (the transmuter)
5. a new Chameleon King (based on a tribal leader from the original Durla, who's trying to top Chameleon Boy for leadership or revenge)

6. Lazon (cause his power's awesome and an homage to Beauty Blaze)

7. Atmos (he's got enough reason)
8. a Reincarnated Computo. (or evil Danielle Foccart)
9. Glorith (Time Manip and Sorcery ... not time Trapper status)

This team would be like a Hellfire Club from the X-Men, rising to political power and positions in different ways and forming an alliance to subtly and not so subtly undermine the legion of super heroes. they may be allied at some times with the Dark Circle, Dominators, or Darkseid .... and use lower level bad guys for dirty work like:

1. Shadow Kid (sorry Tasmia ... seems like a good villain)
2. Micro Lad
3. Magno Lad
4. Ol-Vir

and I would like the core group to have a bit more firepower, like Earth Man (but i detest him) or Dev-Em or a Super Man clone. Ol-Vir and Validus just don't have the brains to be more than a henchman in this club.

Myg might have also worked on the inner circle of this team.

Would be nice if computo or someone, (maybe computo + cosmic king) could make super powered clones as cannon fodder.

Set

For disposable flunkies, instead of clones (been there, done that), perhaps the super-villains will have duplicated one of the LSH's origins, semi-successfully. Options;

1) Initially, they would have attempted to just randomly duplicate the Lightning Siblings origin, only to discover that most people, when zapped by Lightning Beasts of Korbal, just die. Most Winathian, it turns out, don't do to well either. Fortunately, they have Mekt, and by using his DNA to gene-therapy some henchmen, they can make them *temporarily* have the powers of lightning generation. Eventually, without fresh shots, to which they develop an immunity, they burn out, but the LSV don't fill them in on this 'retirement plan.' Some flunky or two might end up figuring out that their bosses have doomed them to give them a temporary power up, and turn on them, and it's conceivable that Brainy could discover a technique to de-power them, or use Garth & Ayla's DNA to stabilize them, or something.

Duplicating Sun Boy or Wildfire's origins seem a bit over the top. Cosmic King's origin will likely be un-copy-able (and even if it wasn't, he might not be keen on giving anyone else transmutation powers, since every one other than him and Jan that exists, make their awesome powers that much less precious).

Running around exposing flunkies to 'meteor gases' or 'comet's tails' in the hopes of getting more Colossal Boys or Star Boys or Comet Queens seems like a longshot.

2) Stealing from the cartoon, perhaps they snagged ahold of Dr. Londo, the monster-maker who gave his son animalistic super-powers and then brainwashed him into thinking he's a robot assassin. A bunch of feral brainwashed Timber Wolves? Some perhaps with other animalistic traits (bat-like, snake-like, insectoid?). Beats those masked losers that worked for the real Hellfire Club!

Dr. Londo as one of the 'inner circle,' rarely engaging in any sort of brutish combat himself (but having an interesting array of compounds that allow him to temporarily manifest animalistic traits, for self-defense or escape) could be cool.

3) Another potential source of flunkies (and it could be neat for each of these 'lords cardinal' of the shadow LSV inner circle to have their own flunkies), could be that Durlan. Perhaps, unlike other Durlans, this one is a 'breeder' and can grow homonculous like hive-mind lesser Durlans by budding them off of itself. This Durlan would be kind of like the Dark Rider member Tusk, able to generate 'Underlings' and send them off on missions, and then re-absorb them later to 'download' whatever information they have assimilated during their various missions. Due to the amount of mass it would need to generate, this Durlan would be eating pretty much constantly, and generally appear as an immobile blob of tentacles, that splorches out new humanoid sized 'drones,' some capable of shapeshifting (infiltrators) and some just armored fighting machines (drones).

As for the 'core' themselves, I'm not sure if Lazon has the stones for a higher up position. Neutrax has more often seemed like the brains of the Super-Assassins...

Tharok and / or Sarya also seem like good choices for a 'boss' position.

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's two new/old characters with axes to grind against a couple of Legionnaires I would like to see in the LSV.

An Ryd (Ultra Girl)

-

Zera Vultan (Erg-2)

-

[ June 26, 2010, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Lone Wolf Legionnaire ]

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

these are so cool.

would be interesting if An Ryd could use all her powers at once outmatching Ultra Boy. or if Zera could use all Erg 1's powers, where he could do all kinds of stuff, to add a ton of power to the LSH. also be awesome if she had a human form, making Wildfire sad and jealous.

I don't remember Zera Vultan though? Who's she?

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.