Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Moonstar (leader)
2. Crystal
3. Beast
4. Ant-Man (Lang)
5. Rachel
6. She-Hulk (Jen)
7. Rogue
8. Quasar
9. Ariel (she's always had potential)
10. Vision

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought about putting Scott Lang in as well!

I like Moonstar as leader of a big team ! she was a shield agent afterall.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Moonstar is one of my favorite characters. I've been wanting to put her in the Avengers for years.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
She is one of my favorites too.

The one cool thing about "Uncanny Avengers" versus "Uncanny X-Men" ... is you don't need powers and some of your cohort may not have them either.

that's why I wanted to throw Prodigy on a team with Hawkeye and others that may need to be more creative with crime fighting. Even Luke Cage is just a big tough guy.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Although they need to stop with messing up her powers. Soon she's gonna switch ethnicity like Psylocke.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
If it's an X-Men/Avengers lineup, I'd go with;

1. Beast
2. Wonder Man
3. Scarlet Witch
4. Quicksilver
5. Rogue
6. Hawkeye (leader)
7. Wasp

All very 'old-school' choices, I know!

The original X-Men/Avenger tie, IMO, is the Beast and Wonder Man. Wanda and Pietro are obviously the *real* 'original' tie between the two teams, and the first mutant Avengers, but Simon and Hank are the first two *friends* among the two teams.

Hawkeye, as the sole non-powered guy, and the oft-times outsider-looking-in / perspective-guy, to keep the team focused on the bigger picture.

Rogue has a history with the Avengers, as well as the X-folk, which should be fun to play off of.

The Wasp is there because I want her back, but also has a vague mutant tie-in from her possibly soon-to-be retconned backstory (to bring her more in line with her Ultimates incarnation, the root of her powers may well involve mutation, with Hank Pym not merely experimenting on his girlfriend for the kicks of it, but because her awakening bio-electric powers predated his experiments and were wreaking havoc on this young socialites social life!).

Other possibilities;
8. Hawkeye 2 (two archers on the same team, with the same codename? Madness!)
9. Moondragon (wouldn't be an X-team without a telepath, and why not a telepathic *Avenger?* Just not Mantis. Never Mantis. *Shudder*)
10. Iceman (Bobby never gets taken seriously, this could be his place to shine!)
11. Angel/Archangel (Perhaps more in need of being taken seriously than even Bobby, since they keep changing him up...)
12. Amanda Sefton (not a mutant, nor an Avenger, but a mutant-adjacent sorceress with ties to both teams, as an option to replace the Scarlet Witch)
13. Bishop (is he a bad-guy or good-guy this week? I don't even know anymore, but if the team didn't already have Rogue, he could be an interesting choice)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Didn't have time to post this earlier. It's the one time I've written Dani, to date:

http://iammilk-milk.blogspot.com/2009/08/fanfic-avengers-in-midnight-blue-part-1.html

http://iammilk-milk.blogspot.com/2009/08/fanfic-avengers-in-midnight-blue-part-2.html

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
If it's an X-Men/Avengers lineup, I'd go with;

1. Beast
2. Wonder Man
3. Scarlet Witch
4. Quicksilver
5. Rogue
6. Hawkeye (leader)
7. Wasp

All very 'old-school' choices, I know!

The original X-Men/Avenger tie, IMO, is the Beast and Wonder Man. Wanda and Pietro are obviously the *real* 'original' tie between the two teams, and the first mutant Avengers, but Simon and Hank are the first two *friends* among the two teams.

Hawkeye, as the sole non-powered guy, and the oft-times outsider-looking-in / perspective-guy, to keep the team focused on the bigger picture.

Rogue has a history with the Avengers, as well as the X-folk, which should be fun to play off of.

The Wasp is there because I want her back, but also has a vague mutant tie-in from her possibly soon-to-be retconned backstory (to bring her more in line with her Ultimates incarnation, the root of her powers may well involve mutation, with Hank Pym not merely experimenting on his girlfriend for the kicks of it, but because her awakening bio-electric powers predated his experiments and were wreaking havoc on this young socialites social life!).

I suppose an argument could be made that all super heroes are mutants and some event just triggered it ... because radioactive spider bites don't usually give super powers ... usually it just kills the spider haha!

Anyway, there is Hawkeye + Hawkeye action in the Hawkeye series and the writer is really gifted ... but its pretty cool ... besides I suppose the both have all kinds of non archery weapon skills.

Anyway(2), Beat and Wonder Man together would be great, and Beast has already been an avenger and he's super smart. and I love the Wasp.

I kind of hope they don't bring her back just to f her up.

There is a strange Brotherhood of Evil mutants connection with these three:

3. Scarlet Witch
4. Quicksilver
5. Rogue

could be cool.

Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy: Anyway(2), Beat and Wonder Man together would be great, and Beast has already been an avenger and he's super smart. and I love the Wasp.

I kind of hope they don't bring her back just to f her up.

Agreed!

I think it's about time that one of the Pym-club (and why not make it Janet?) start using Pym particles to enlarge the insects they control, and attack some fool with an army of ants the size of buses.

Heck, Pym could field his own team of Avengers, if he wanted.

He's more or less responsible for his own super-hero career (under five or six different aliases), an additional two Ant-Men, an additional Yellowjacket (Rita), the Wasp, Atlas (of the Thunderbolts), Jocasta, Cassie Lang (as Stature, and her alternate future self as Stinger), an additional Giant-Man (Clint Barton's brief stint as GM), Black Goliath and Victor Mancha (of the Runaways, his 'grandson' by way of Ultron).

quote:
There is a strange Brotherhood of Evil mutants connection with these three:
3. Scarlet Witch
4. Quicksilver
5. Rogue
could be cool.

Ooh, I hadn't made that connection! Neat.

I realized after the fact that I'd made an 'Avengers' team with four out of seven being mutants, but since two of them (Wanda and Pietro) have never been X-Men, I didn't feel like I was weighting the team unfairly in an X-direction.

You could probably field an entirely mutant Avengers team, by adding in Justice and Firestar and possibly Rage (was he a mutant? don't recall...), but those characters don't really appeal to me as much.

And then there's Wolverine (or even Daken), but, no. [Smile]

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure on all of these characters current whereabouts...but here is my crew.

1. Capt. America (Steve Rogers) - Leader, face it...pretty much anyone is going to listen to him
2. Photon (Monica Rambeau) - because she deserves a real chance.
3. Hulkling - I don't know a ton about him and Wiccan, but I really like what I know of them.
4. Wiccan - see above.
5. Nightcrawler - (Kurt Wagner) - Because he needs to come back and really join the big time.
6. Shadowcat - (Kitty Pryde) - she has the training to hold her own.
7. Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski) - Scientist and powerhouse, [plus I like the character.)
8. MACH VI (Abe Jenkins) - Need a tech guy, and I think Abe fits the bill.
9. Cypher (Doug Ramsey) - playing more of a support role, he develops into a sort of Oracle character for the team, and becomes the teams ace pilot (leading to less crashed Quinjets). Constantly translating and finding information as the team operates. Feeding them through specialized communicators.

edited to correct some spacing and spelling issues...

[ October 13, 2012, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Dev - Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
1. Capt. America (Steve Rogers) - Leader, face it...pretty much anyone is going to listen to him
3. Hulkling - I don't know a ton about him and Wiccan, but I really like what I know of them.
4. Wiccan - see above.
5. Nightcrawler - (Kurt Wagner) - Because he needs to come back and really join the big time.
7.Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski) - Scientist and powerhouse, [plus I like the character.)
8. MACH VI (Abe Jenkins) - Need a tech guy, abnd I think Abe fits the bill.
9. Cypher (Doug Ramsey) - playing more of a support role, he develops into a sort of Oracle character for the team, and becaomes the teams ace pilot (leading to less crashed Quinjets). Constantly translating and finding information as the team operates. Feeding them through specialized communicators.

Cool choices!
I'm a huge fan of Monica Rambeau and Nightcrawler, so those two are a great choice. Wiccan is a good choice, for the tie-in to Wanda, and where he goes, Hulkling is sure to follow.

Abe as the 'team tech' for an Avengers team sounds awesome. In the presence of Fixer/Techno, he always came across as second-fiddle, and Fixer being a big jerk did nothing to help that.

Sasquatch was always a favorite, and him as an Avenger 'big hitter' is cool!

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Not sure on all of these characters current whereabouts...but here is my crew.

4. Wiccan - see above.
7.Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski) - Scientist and powerhouse, [plus I like the character.)
8. MACH VI (Abe Jenkins) - Need a tech guy, abnd I think Abe fits the bill.
9. Cypher (Doug Ramsey) - playing more of a support role, he develops into a sort of Oracle character for the team, and becaomes the teams ace pilot (leading to less crashed Quinjets). Constantly translating and finding information as the team operates. Feeding them through specialized communicators.

yeah cool! Photon really does deserve a chance, and Nightcrawler's swordsmanship and leadership of Excalibur just make him Avengers material to me.

Hulkling and Wiccan jumped up quickly from the young crowd and seem nearly as capable and more appealing (to me) than their crazy adult counterparts. [Smile]

also ... Kitty Pryde .... Kitty Pryde .... she's perfect.

ooooo and kitty and doug working together again .... magic! unless he's weird evil warlock doug or something.

Sasquatch is also INSPIRED!

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Doug is back to being his normal self. No weird stuff...cause I missed all that anyway.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I thought of an interesting one for a FUTURE FANTASTIC FOUR:

Franklin Richards - Super Psi. Leader. pretty smart.
Valeria Richards - in an android body. She was killed and resurrected in an android body, talks to computers and tech powers now. still super duper smart.
Black Bolt Jr. - He's the tough guy of the team. like Superman. Could be Ahuru, through the Terrigan mists ... or not.
Jack Power - He's got the full Power Pack power set. (whether they are dead or retired) He's still a riot. Maybe he learned to teleport like Kofi too!

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

heh heh I got a sketch for a FUTURE X-MEN!

1. Prodigy
2. Layla Miller
3. Molly Hayes
4. Hisako/Armour
5. Trauma
6. Thunderbird II (Neal Shaara)
7. Anole
8. Pixie

I tried to stay away with the latest crop of X-Kids since they are uber powerful and i wanted to get the future X-Men back to their underdog roots. I imagine Prodigy and Layla keep the team one step ahead of their enemies. I also wanted to keep the Summers and Grey's legacies away from this team.

[ November 05, 2012, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.