Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
that sounds like a graphic novel waiting to happen.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a little of what I was thinking with my choices:

1) I've always wanted to see UH reinstated as a major Supes foe. The best Supes stories are the ones in which the villain can potentially deceive/outsmart him, rather than someone who just tries to outpunch him.

2) The thing about Batman is that he's someone who has trained himself to be the ultimate crimefighter. So, I wanted to match him against someone who was kind of the ultimate criminal. A lunatic like the Joker didn't really seem to work. Among his rogue's gallery, Ra's seemed the most like the Moriarty to Batman's Holmes.

3) Wonder Woman is from an island of women and comes to Man's world to help promote peace. So I thought I'd match her with a matriarch from another world who tries to enslave outsiders. Hence Queen Bee.

4) Invisible Destroyer was, as I recall, GL's first villain, and he's never made a comeback. It seems like it's about time. Definitely a powerhouse.

5) I wanted someone who would be an interesting challenge for a super-speedster, without using another super-speedster. So, what about someone who is a master of using time to his advantage? I was thinking of Batman: The Animated Series portrayal of the Clock King. As far as actual Flash villains, I think the Turtle could probably be used to similar effect, but I've never read anything with him

6) I looked at a list of Aquaman villains and, you know what, the Shark is *really* scary. So I picked him.

7) J'Onn really doesn't seem to have any interesting villains of his own, but Despero was one of the first JLA villains, and seemed to be a nice match, so...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
So I think EDE nailed the previous one ^

... and I've been catching up on a lot of Birds of Prey to see what the hype was about.

I thought of a way to go with it. (not so much different)

I'm feeling loyal to Oracle/Batgirl so let me just pretend the concept dosn't work without her.

I'd start with the semi-retired JLA members of the satellite era. Ladies Babs knows from her superhero days.

1. Oracle
2. Black Canary
3. Hawkgirl

(3.5, 3.6 would be Firehawk and Zatanna - semi regular guest stars)

4. I'd give oracle an assistant. Maybe someone who used to work at star labs. I always liked Dr. Janet Kylburn. The BOP needs a lot of weapons and tech for just poor Babs. And Dr. Kylburn won't turn into Rampage.

5. I'd also think about getting Babs a major domo/ body guard/ like the Red Tornado.

6. Tons of guest stars from the JLA days.
Supergirl, Vixen ...

Another person I'd really like to see incorporated is the Black Orchid.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

A little Donna Troy in there for good measure.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Not a Marvel fan, so I'll stick to DC. I like the all-female teams, so...

JLA:

1. Dr. Light (criminally underused)
2. Wonder Woman
3. Black Canary
4. Vixen
5. Fire
6. Ice

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I was trying to think of a team that would be completely at odds with one another but could still get things done:

Wonder Woman
Spy-Smasher (from BOP)
Batwoman
Starfire
Zatanna
Dr. Light

They're kind of more geared to the grandiose than BoP, which already kind of does exactly this premise in the DCU for spy / mystery related stuff.

I love this one. Lots of drama potential here!

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
Here's two new/old characters with axes to grind against a couple of Legionnaires I would like to see in the LSV.

An Ryd (Ultra Girl)

-

Zera Vultan (Erg-2)

-

And I like this one, too. Maybe An and Zera could go head-to-head versus Tinya and Dawnstar.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
My LSH:

1) Kinetix - powerful, versatile AND my favorite. Not letting her go.
2) Gates - no way I'd say no to a teleporter.
3) Brainiac 5 - automatic advantage to any team
4) Saturn Girl - ditto
5) Wildfire - for the power
6) Shikari - knowing where to go can help with any mission
7) Andromeda - I always preferred her to Mon-El or Ultra Boy
8) Sensor Girl - in any combat situation, she could potentially win a whole battle herself...
9) Gear - any enemy that uses tech will fall to him
10) Infectious Lass - and she can take care of any organic enemy
11) Element Lad - preboot Jan made the Legion his home, and was one of the most dedicated members. The Legion needs people like that.
12) Polar Boy - someone else who never lost enthusiasm for the team.
13) Nightwind - always felt she was robbed of her chance on the team
14) Live Wire - Postboot Garth is one of my faves
15) Karate Kid - Legion combat trainer!
16) Chameleon
17) Dragonmage or White Witch
18) Shrinking Violet (Postboot) - grows AND shrinks
19) Kid Quantum II
20) Dreamer - was toying with making her support staff instead of a field agent, though, so I could have more Legionnaires on the team
21) Monstress - I know she doesn't add much, power-wise, but I like her personality and see a role for her as "den mother"
22) XS
23) Umbra - "energy caster with an attitude" sums it up nicely
24) Power Boy - with density control that allows him to phase as well as become more solid!
25) Gravity Kid - a bit redundant given Kinetix, but their powers are varied enough

I threw in the last two because I like the idea of having a gay couple on the team as well.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
How about a new Secret Six?

Starting with a Mockingbird-- I'm leaning towards one of the *original* Six. The ones who were extraordinary but non-meta individuals from the 1960's.

TRICKSTER-- definitely James Jesse, mysteriously back from the dead and straddling the line between good and bad guy. And milking the gray for all its worth.

DUELA-- not the gal who got killed in whatever event it was she was in, but her counterpart on whatever Earth it is this lineup would be inhabiting. She'd be sane with moments of crazy, rather than the other way around. She'd go by Harlequin's Daughter and have a similar attention-grabbing m.o. to her 'mother's', with Trickster as her object of affection. The 'duel' part of Duela's the focus-- as this version is a weapon mistress. With a very liberal definition of weapon.

ALPHA CENTURION-- his memory of ancient Rome is used heavily. Though the most heroic, his sense of entitlement comes into play.

ICICLE-- the younger. Tigress is raising their child, but makes guest appearances as an unoffical secret seventh. Turns out that Mockingbird pays better than villainy and after a disheartening 'rat-out' from old Injustice Society teammates, Cameron's ready to make 'the turn'.

NZAME-- of Gorilla City. Albino ape that can heal. I don't remember if the character was male or female; I'm hoping female. Expected to be the personification of simian good, adolescent Nzame's going through a rebellious phase. A destructive one. In fact, she's been banished from Gorilla City.

TATTOOED MAN-- the new one, but wearing Abel Tarrant's costume. He's just been booted out of his family, his neighborhood and his old team. Yet, somehow, he's not angry about any of it. He's determined to find out who he is and get paid well while doing so.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

May 2012 THE AVENGERS!!!!

So I did this list last night and I really like it:

1. Wasp - reincarnated in Jocasta's body, she gets all kinds of cyborg powers and looks like a col metallic wasp woman. leader ish.
2. Thor - one of the founders who's not totally evil and/or cray cray.
3. Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers. This team needs a marvel IMO. (replaces another captain ... could be a co leader)
4. Power Man - Luke Cage but let's give him some growing powers from Pym particles! an homage to the original giant Man.
5. Dr. Strange
6. The Sentry - resurrected and good, with no memory of evilness again --- or a new person with the sentry's powers.
7. Nova. He's cool. and flies fast. and deserves his place in THE Marvel team. he's got his own book and stuff sometimes too.
8. Firestar - mostly because she's still nice. (she was on a a cartoon too!)
9. Hulkling - a homage to the hulk. and he's almost ready.
10. Hawkeye 2 - Kate Bishop and she's almost ready.

I like having the team be multigenerational (over the history of the Avengers), and a training ground for over achieving young avengers. (could cause a lot of friction with the other YA's but maybe they get thair own book with a few of these elder Avenegrs as their teachers. Plus ... Hulkling and Hawkeye seem to be two of the more stable ones ... and I liked using them to fill a *homage* gap. I wanted to reference the original and mainstay avengers.

I also think they need a lot of firepower ... hence Sentry, Dr. Strange, suped up Wasp and Ms. Marvel. etc. they ARE supposed to be earth's mightiest heroes!

I think Hank Pym could play a supporting/tech role and Justice/Marvel Boy could be a *teacher* for the new additions and the other YA's. also we get to have him and Firestar together/interact.

[ May 04, 2012, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I want to do this one!

1. Thor
2. Scarlet Witch
3. Ms. Marvel
4. Captain America
5. Vision
6. Hank Pym
7. Black Widow
8. Black Panther
9. Firestar (I think she was at her best in Avengers)
10. Iron Man (even though he bores me)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Peebs, I promise I will post a list here within the next couple days.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, here goes...

1. Black Widow - chairwoman

2. Hawkeye - field commander

3. Quasar - one of those characters that's just a nudge away from fulfilling their potential

4. Ant Man - Scott Lang

5. Giant-Man - Hank Pym

6. Vision

7. Crystal

8. Wonder Man

9. She-Hulk

10. Power Princess - yes, moving from Squadron Supreme to Avengers, why not?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So hard to pick just 10! I'll try to stick to characters who don't generally have their own books, and so wouldn't be over-exposed, or sucked into crossovers.

1) Wonder Man - always consider a second-tier 'tank' behind people like Thor or the Hulk, it's time for him to be the big gun!

2) Beast - Dr. McCoy (no! the other one!) returns to complete the epic bromance with Simon.

3) Hank Pym - who knows what he's calling himself this week, but he's got the goods.

4) The Wasp - reports of her death have been greatly exagerrated!

5) Ms. Marvel - another flying powerhouse, who may not punch at Wonder Man's weight levels, but she's also got energy powers and limited cosmic awareness.

6) Monica Rambeau - 'cause the team totally needs two people who've gone by the name 'Captain Marvel.'

7) U.S. Agent - not the first Captain America, not the best Captain America, but he's got the heart for the job.

8) Human Torch - the original android super-hero and the original Human Torch, Jim Hammond, man out of time, on a team with the completely wrong Captain America, and not afraid to point that out.

9) Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter) - not the only member of this team who is getting annoyed at having to say, 'No, not that one, the other one!'

10) Moondragon - is slumming hanging with a team at this level, and won't hesitate to say so. Expresses frequent regret that someone 'first tier' like Sersi or Thor isn't present 'to do the heavy lifting.' Competing with the departed Dr. Druid for the titles of 'least popular Avenger, ever' and 'most likely to die in a friendly fire incident.' Most annoyingly, she's an Iron Fist level martial artist, a telepath with global mind control abilities able to push her way past Galactus' mental defenses and a telekinetic able to block Thor's hammer, so, to the annoyance of all, she backs up her attitude...

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
1. Wasp - reincarnated in Jocasta's body, she gets all kinds of cyborg powers and looks like a col metallic wasp woman. leader ish.

I'd love for an updated Wasp to be able to control a swarm of adamantium robots the size and shape of wasps. In addition to her own powers, which are fine on their own, access to such a secondary power, would jazz her up considerably. Alternately, something Pym's always been able to do, but rarely bothered doing, she can already use Pym particles to enlarge stuff (usually only to grow back to normal size, after she shrinks), *and* she can control swarms of insects. It would be an 'OH YEAH!' moment if, in the middle of an alien invasion or something, she summoned up thousands of wasps or ants or bees and enlarged them to the size of volkswagons and sent her giant insect horde to fight the aliens.

[ May 05, 2012, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Okay, here goes...

10. Power Princess - yes, moving from Squadron Supreme to Avengers, why not?

oooo I like that pick! No Sersi though ? I thought for sure her and the Black Knight would be on your team.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's mine.

1. Capt. America - Leader

2. Vision

3. Capt Marvel - Monica deserves to be in the team imho.

4. Hercules

5. Hawkeye

6. She Hulk

7. Colossus - The team bruiser

8. Mockingbird - Possible triangle with her, Hawk and Dane. She is attracted to Dane, which drives Clint nuts.

9. Iron Man

10. Black Knight - c'mon, he had to be on my list.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

A lot of muscle there!

Some characters I wanted to incorporate but didn't:

Eros
Captain Marvel 2

and my team isn't diverse enough so I thought about switching out Firestar for Firebird but I don't like her as much as Angelica.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.