Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
An Ryd's asymmetrical boots and Jean Grey sash fill me with joy.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Zera Vultan is Professor Vultan's daughter, the man who created the Erg suit and saved Drake Burrough's life.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Who's in your Fatal Five?

I'm thinking of a good Fatal Five. in the 5YG, towards the end of the series, when most of the older team retires or advises, and the younger team is too innocent for darker mission.

so a more serious team that handles the rough cases, or political non super hero cases. not too 'black ops' just adult ... like the beginning of the 5YG

1. Rond Vidar - Somehow gets his green mojo back, maybe takes it or half of it from celeste (Neon) could be team leader. and the science guy.
2. Kono - she's sneaky, and way younger than the older team she was on. and she's funny. and ruthless.
3. Duplicate Boy - he's more serious after 5 years, and Lallor was boring.
4. Kent Shakespeare - he could also be the leader, i would supe him up slightly, making his sense heightened as well, like a captain comet character. plus he's smart too.
5. Computo - from SW6, she's a bit more mature than the other SW6 team cause she lived through the domination. and now she's a big Legion fan (the older team). Maybe she needs a little electrical control as well.

three of these guys are super smart, which i think would make for great stories, and Dupe would be the brawn, and Kono the humor/stealth.

I also considered Dragonmage, Dev-em, a not so bad Atmos, older Laurel, some sort of Reflecto based on the original.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
Here's two new/old characters with axes to grind against a couple of Legionnaires I would like to see in the LSV.

An Ryd (Ultra Girl)

-

Zera Vultan (Erg-2)

-

I adore the Ann Ryd costume! As far as the ERG-2 goes, I like it a lot. I would like the helmet to look a little more... sinister somehow.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My Fatal Five:

Persuader and the Atomic Axe: The Axe would be augmented somehow... maybe showing present/past events on the flat side of the blade?

Emerald Empress and the Emerald Eye: Sarya as needy and bitchy as ever. I kind of liked the addition of a sentient eye from the reboot, but I think it should speak verrrry rarely.

Mano and a spaceship: OK, where I typed in spaceship, I'm holding the place for a poetic-sounding name for a biological spaceship, similar to FARSCAPE's Moya.

Tharok and Validus: When next they appear, Validus is missing a finger or a chunk of shoulder or something which is being replaced by cyborg machinary exactly like Tharok's-- whose control of Validus becomes more and more explicit. Except for when it isn't.

Quicksand, with some object, relic or being in her power. I love her look and her power and have always felt that she's been severely underused and undervalued by LSH creators. I'm tempted to think of her in 'shades of grey', but that slot on this team goes to Mano.

If I were an actual comics writer, I'd never even hint at reforming a villainess- as I think really good, evil ones are rarer than aqua kryptonite.

1st runner-up: Titanor... if Aven can be in both the Wanderer-verse and the current one, why not Titanor? I think he'd be a sub for the Persuader, if only because of their similar builds. I like the idea of a big, brawny, physical fighter who is also a telepath.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Tharok and Validus: When next they appear, Validus is missing a finger or a chunk of shoulder or something which is being replaced by cyborg machinary exactly like Tharok's-- whose control of Validus becomes more and more explicit. Except for when it isn't.

I went the other direction in my Emerald Legion story and had Tharok be a member of a large-brained race with two toes and two fingers, resembling a small, thin, Validus. (Of course, it was harder to make the connection, since Tharok had replaced some limbs and Validus was ginormous and distorted.)

A cyborg-ed up Validus might be less about making Validus tougher (since he hardly needs it) and more about providing a nearly indestructible final haven for Tharok's cyborg intelligence. 'Tharok' might fight like a berserker, with no thought to self-preservation, and even blow himself up attempting to kill a Legionnaire, only for it to be discovered that he was controlling that body remotely, and his true intellect now resides with machinery buried deep within Validus, where nothing will ever be able to destroy him, without destroying Validus first!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
might help if Nura and Tas were from different eras and/or boots? maybe?

a) only Nura and Tas have somehow escaped the Time Trapper's machinations, he has deposited amnesiac legionnaires throughout the time stream, (the eras these ladies are from) and Nura and Tas need help from these other ladies to find their teammates, reunite the legion, and defeat the Trapper.

b) scavenger hunt for birthday presents for Super Boy (other character or special event), might be cool if he was connected to all these other ladies.

c) scavenger hunt for pieces of a weapon or cure to defeat their latest villain or challenge. maybe another time villain.

d) it takes place in the Adventure era, crazy stuff happens.

e) some better idea

I haven't read past this point yet, but I wanted to comment on this and ML's Nura/Tasmia idea.
It's great!

And I wanted to throw out that the two are connected to other dimensions, Nura to the Dreaming, and Umbra/and the other Tasmia's?, to the Dark/Shadow Realm.

The two may be connected to a crossover in those dimensions, in a way that bridges times and universes.
That could draw in the Black Orchid, since she's now from another dimension (Vertigo) and Big Barda (New Gods), as well as Firehawk (Earth's elemental representative) and the female Dr. Fate (magic and another time.)

That covers 6 players. There's no telepath but there doesn't HAVE to be one, although Dr. Fate could introduce a spell to cover communication.

I'd love to see a coming together of villians from a couple of the realms/universes mentioned in an alliance that affects all of the DCU without being a mega event.
Someone(s) not used to death already.

The attacks could take place through the Dreaming using the evil minions of Darkness seen in Lo3Ws, perhaps.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
My Female Fatal Five was:
Emerald Empress (Cera rather than the tired Sarya)
Quicksand (love elementals)
Beauty Blaze (because she's so beautiful and mysterious AND she's been shown to be kind of close to Saturn Queen)
Saturn Queen
Starfinger (a female host, say like McCauley's niece, with Starlight and Starbright still in female form)

They'd be infighting, stuggling for the leadership role and sneaky, very sneaky.

There's not much physical strength but Quicksand has earth power, Cera has the Eye, BB is fire and SQ can snag a powerhouse or two.
I'm not sure about Starlight and Starbright, but I'm sure they're pretty powerful and interesting.
It's be fun to see what they'd do with a female host with a McCauley brain.

If I were thinking about a Marvel superteam, I'm only currently familiar with the DnA stories using the Imperial Guard, Starjammers, Guardians, Inhumans and other universe Avengers.

I'd use my favorite Marvel females:
Crystal and Lockjaw (can't believe how little she's been used over the years)
Polaris (with her magnetic powers intact)
Scarlet Witch (perhaps finding a new power level, non-magical, as the only one from her universe (along with Vision) who is not controlled by the demons, sorry, I stopped following that story)
Phoenix (not the cosmic one but still with powerful TK & TP.)
Binary (love that character)
Hussar (I think that's the red skinned, whiteblonde one from the Imperial Guard)

With this kind of power, I'd have them written by DnA in their cosmic scaled stories.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
List Making and Team Creation is BACK!

with a bang.

I did an LSH this afternoon.

Started being based off the SW6 cause i wanted to do a story with a similar feel but .... hardly any of the sw6 made it in.

check it out! and if anyone's feeling ambitious:

"Who's in YOUR LSH" ?

1. Lightning Lass (a veteran on this team)
2. Magnetic Kid (dosn't have the cast type as leader like Cos. he can just be a great legionnaire)
3. Brainiac 5 (it's not the Legion without him IMO)
4. Andromeda (a bit of a reboot, she's the famous gand as the khund killer)
5. Kent Shakespere (newbie, following in his cousin Andromeda's foot steps)
6. Chameleon (see brainy)
7. Polar Boy
8. Tyroc
9. Wildfire
10. Blok
11. Kinetix ( a replacement of Imra, except she's got TK too, from an accident or mutation, and is a bit of a mash up with the personality of celeste rockfish)
12. Shikari
13. Catspaw
14. Dragonmage
15. Computo (but maybe she's even more robotic like gear, the virus has started to replace some of her human biology)
16. Invisible Kid (maybe Lyle has returned from the after life)
17. Kono (she's got more firepower than Tinya)
18. Power Boy (except he can grow ... replacing Gym)
19. Duplicate Boy (replaces Jo)
20. Quantum Queen (yep old school, and she's a heavy hitter)
21. Element Lad
22. Reflecto (time to flesh out this new heavy hitter)
23. Atmos (He's a powerhouse ... just need to retconn that creepiness (to put it mildly) with Dream Girl)
24. Shadow Lass
25. I thought Kid Quantum #1 but he kinda pales in comparison with Quantum Queen ... maybe sun boy, gates, or a reformed villain ... maybe Validus!! or a hero from the past ... like the 80s past .... not contemporary.

i tried to make a diverse team with regards to gender, aliens, and ethnicities. but it turned out to kinda exclude the adventure era members slightly. and i preferred Computo to Quislet and Kinetix to Tellus.

whatchu think? comments? or your own LSH?

[ October 21, 2010, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

thought of doing a BIG SEVEN VILLAINS to rival the big seven JLA that was going on a few years ago.

1. Lex Luthor puts himself in an Amazo body! he's tired of being kicked around.
2. Black Adam (better as a thunder god type with some weather control)
3. An evil Firestorm. how scary would that be ... he could scatter Supe's Kryptonian molecules to the wind.
4. Chemo. a smart chemo.
5. Parasite.
6. Shade the Changing Man. his suit can become your worst nightmare and he's straddled the line between good and evil before. like an evil empathic GL.
7. Brainiac (?) just added him cause he's a tech character and insanely powerful.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

parasite and luthor kinda overlap .... grrr. but they'd both be so badnass.
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
thought of doing a BIG SEVEN VILLAINS to rival the big seven JLA that was going on a few years ago.

The problem being, that the JLA don't all have great villains (with Aquaman, Batman, etc. not having a lot of villains well-suited to team work, IMO). Between Lex, Parasite and Brainiac, you've got three Superman villains there, and even a Captain Marvel/Shazam foe! Also, not enough girls!

For the 'evil trinity,' I'd go with;

1. Deathstroke (the anti-Batman, yes, he's not technically a Batman villain, being more of a Teen Titans villain, but he can fill the 'Batman' role on an evil team better than the Joker would! Barring Slade, there's also Prometheus, who fills that sort of role.)

2. Parasite (both Luthor and Brainiac, IMO, are overused, and I don't like the idea of either of them on an actual team, so he's the anti-Superman, and he deserves a little more respect than he's gotten of late, jobbing to Conner recently, when he's about a thousand times scarier than that old bald dude who gets all the movies.)

3. Circe (the anti-Wonder Woman, although, barring a speedster, the Cheetah could work, and even Giganta has potential.)

Which leaves us with;
4. (anti-Green Lantern)
5. (anti-Flash)
6. (anti-Martian Manhunter)
7. (anti-Aquaman)

Sinestro, Atrocitus, etc. seem unlikely to join teams at this point, having their own teams. Someone like Hector Hammond or even some lesser-seen (lately) GL villains, like the Tattooed Man or the Shadow Thief, could fill the anti-GL slot.

Gorilla Grodd is the only seriously badass Flash rogue, IMO. I've got an unwholesome love for the Mirror Master, but he'd be wasted on this team. An evil speedster could work as well, but that's too derivative, IMO. If I wanted this evil Justice League to just be carbon copies, it would be all 'Bizarro, Catman, Sinestro.'

Does Martian Manhunter even *have* a rogues gallery? 'Random White Martian' doesn't really cut it, for a group like this. Maybe Black Adam can fit here... Or something even more out-there, like an evil version of Jason Blood & the demon Etrigan! The team is a bit heavy on the beef, so perhaps this random villain can be a villain-ess.

And Mr. Dances-With-Dolphins. Black Manta is not even a little bit suitable for a group like this, his token appearances in the Legion of Doom notwithstanding. Ocean Master, when he has magical powers, doesn't suck, although he and Circe would be too much magical power in one team (although, if the Cheetah or Giganta are used instead, he'd be the 'mage' of the group). Perhaps here is the perfect place for that smart Chemo? Who better to be the 'anti-Aquaman' than a sentient chemical spill?

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
An initial stab...

1) Ultra-Humanite
2) Ra's Al-Ghul
3) Queen Bee
4) Invisible Destroyer
5) Clock King
6) The Shark
7) Despero

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Ultra Humanite! good one. also could take the body of someone super strong or powerful. I thought the Queen Bee would be good too.

Invisible Destroyer sounds cool, i don't know him personally.

'As a being of pure energy, the invisible destroyer was almost omnipotent, appearing and disappearing at will and capable of producing incredibly powerful energy bolts from his fingertips.'

definite plus there. he would actually be good to take out the Flash as a being of pure energy.

If i did a tit for tat big 7 villains I would do it based on who would really drive the emotional knife in our heros.

(another problem with a typical supes vs. lex, wonder woman vs. cheetah, bats vs. the joker is we've seen the heros kick their butts time and time again for decades)

something like ....

1. Superman - Zod
2. Wonder Woman - Ares
3. Batman - Catwoman (always thought she threw off bats even though I really like her as an anti hero .... maybe Ra's al Ghul instead)
4. Flash - Professor Zoom (He killed his bride!)
5. Green Lantern - Star Saphire
6. Aquaman - Ocean Master
7. J'onn J'onzz - Despero

I would say Despero is J'onn's rogue now.

Set

Ooh, Ultra-Humanite, Queen Bee and Despero are all potentially cool choices!

Given the new Batman-through-the-ages stuff that's happened since Darkseid shot him into the past, it would have been a logical progression for him to have fought Vandal Savage, throughout the shadowy parts of human history, forever foiling his plots, and for them to be new arch-nemeses.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.