Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Random DCnU Revue (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Random DCnU Revue
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Shooter skewers the shaboopie out of Red Hood #1 over on his blog. Fun stuff.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
You said "arc", I see. GrayPal did almost nothing but one-offs on Hex, so they're changing that up, now? How do you feel about that, Cobie?

Well, I wish they were doing one-off stories as with Hex personallly. But I don't mind too much if they are doing continuing 'arcs', (though perhaps only for the first 6?). They did a two-parter and a 6-parter in Hex and it was great; this one already looks like it'll be better.

At the end of the day I wish Hex had continued unimpeded by this relaunch, but I'm really just glad the character & creative team could continue with very limited change.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Following up with what some others did, here is where I currently stand with the DCnU 52 at the close of the first month #1's and whether I will continue or not:

A+, Best of the Best
Action Comics
Batman
Batwoman
Flash

A, Absolutely Fantastic no brainers
Men of War
Animal Man
Wonder Woman
All-Star Western
Superman
DC Comics Presents: Deadman

A-, Still Incredible, really enjoyed
Justice League Dark
Swamp Thing
Grifter
Detective Comics
Batwing
Birds of Prey
Superboy
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Legion of Superheroes
Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE
Aquaman

B, Certainly good enough to keep buying
Justice League
Legion Lost
Fury of Firestorm
Voodoo
Justice League International
Hawk & Dove
Stormwatch
Demon Knights
Batman & Robin
Green Lantern Corps
OMAC
Static Shock

B- to C, On the Bubble
Teen Titans
Captain Atom
Blue Beetle
Savage Hawkman
New Guardians
The Dark Knight
Batgirl
Catwoman
Supergirl
Green Arrow
Mr. Terrific

C to F, Will not continue
Red Lanterns
Suicide Squad
I, Vampire
Blackhawks
Red Hood & the Outlaws

Never Tried
Resurrection Man - I may sample since I basically tried all the others.
Deathstroke

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
In it for the long haul: Love the characters and the execution.

AQUAMAN
LEGION LOST
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES
NIGHTWING

Pretty Definite buys: Enough to like to keep me coming back- pending Starfire-sized screw-ups.

ACTION COMICS
BATWOMAN
FLASH
JUSTICE LEAGUE
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
SUPERBOY
SUPERMAN
WONDER WOMAN

At least through conclusion of first storyline: on the bubble, but the bubble's pretty strong.

ANIMAL MAN
BATGIRL
BIRDS OF PREY
GREEN LANTERN
GREEN LANTERN CORPS
GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS
SAVAGE HAWKMAN
STORMWATCH
SWAMP THING

I want to see more, but wasn't really thrilled with the first issue: this bubble's much weaker.

MISTER TERRIFIC
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS
RESURRECTION MAN
SUPERGIRL
TEEN TITANS

Missed the first issue, but will try:

DEMON KNIGHTS
FRANKENSTEIN AGENT OF SHADE

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So far, I've only picked up Legion of Super-Heroes, Legion Lost, Teen Titans and Justice League International.

I've looked at others in the store, but I'm between seasonal jobs, so my comic-book spending money is pretty thin.

The tiny dregs of story in Teen Titans turned me off, although Booth's art is as pretty as I remember from the Kindred/Wildcore days.

I may quibble about the direction Paul has taken the Legion, and the many mistakes over the last year or so, but holy crap, can that man write a hell of a lot more story in a single issue than most of his peers...

If I continue to get Teen Titans, it will be for the art, since it's slogging along super-slow out of the gate. I was really hoping for a new Wolfman / Perez sort of deal, with four established characters and three newbies, all introduced and used in the first issue. Instead, we saw, like, a tiny glimpse of the newbies on a monitor screen, and a single picture of Superboy. Seriously, is *issue 1* the time to be padding things out like this?

Justice League International is moving faster, but focusing more on characters I care nothing for (too much Batman and Guy Gardner, not enough Vixen and Ice), and the art isn't my cup of tea. (Too much of Godiva *talking* about people looking good, or robots looking scary-impressively, that, artistically, don't.) I get that not everyone likes Ed Benes and his exploitive anatomically improbable poses, but, gosh, at least his pictures of Ice, Vixen and Fire look beautiful! Fire, in particular, looks like a green blobby thing, and not a hot Brazilian super-model.

The two Legion titles will remain on my pull-list, out of sheer cussedness.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
There week 1-3 books have made the cut for # 2s for me (I still have only read BLACKHAWKS and VOODOO from week 4!!)

JUTICE LEAGUE
ACTION COMICS
ANIMAL MAN
BATGIRL
DETECTIVE COMICS
GREEN ARROW
HAWK AND DOVE*
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
OMAC
STORMWATCH
SWAMP THING

BATWOMAN
DEMON KNIGHTS*
FRANKENSTEIN AGENT OF SHADE
GREEN LANTERN*
LEGION LOST
RESURRECTION MAN
SUICIDE SQUAD*
SUPERBOY*

BIRDS OF PREY
CATWOMAN*
DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS
SUPERGIRL*
WONDER WOMAN*

VOODOO

Titles with asteriks mean # 2 will be my last issue if interest doesn't pick up for me.

Note: The announcement that Giffen is taking over GREEN ARROW was the factor that decided I was keeping it, just as the same news means I am very likely to continue with SUPERMAN wether or not I like it. The writer exiting STATIC SHOCK made me decide to drop it, issue 2 sight unseen.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm slightly pissed at my CBS. I sent them the above list last week, and considering myself covered, I did not venture forth until today to get the first week of # 2s. I had to pull SWAMP THING, GREEN ARROW and ACTON COMICS off the shelf for myself.

And looking over the list, I forgot BATGIRL and DETECTIVE. Those 2 may have been sold out.

Therefore I shall not continue with BATGIRL and DETECTIVE.

I will voice my displeasure silently with lost sales, but if this happens next week, I will need to get vocal.

I understand things are probably crazy there these days, but now's NOT the time to be effing up your customers' pull lists.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
ooooooooooo ... don't mess with Lash's comic books (or Peebz' either for that matter)

[Big Grin]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Now I feel a little guilty, this has rarely happened to me before. These guys are usually MONEY on the ball.

Still, I am taking the excuse to drop the 2 books. I'm getting too many anyway.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
my CBS pulled books from the shelves over the course of the month so they could have a wrap party at the end of the month and sell the books there.

I overheard the owner saying something akin to this in August ... and I then I was doubly annoyed when they had so few copies on the shelves during the release week.

my CBS is usually on the ball too .. but not having enough books for the loyal Wednesday shopper really burned my butt.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

The new 52 causes CHAOS!!! [Devil]
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:

And looking over the list, I forgot BATGIRL and DETECTIVE. Those 2 may have been sold out.

Batgirl didn't ship last week, Lash.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Oh.... well I guess they're off the hook for that one... thanks, Lardy.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:

Batgirl didn't ship last week, Lash.
Really? Do we know why?

Sneaky Jim Lee gave himself 7 entire weeks before JL #2. Did they do the same on this?

Is it wrong I take these tricky tactics as a personal affront done with the purpose of offending me?

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My CBS guy says he was told that the third week is JL's "regular" week post-launch and that they were told this upfront. I assume Batgirl was similarly planned as a second week book? [shrug]

On the other hand, Red Lanterns shipped last week, which was a week earlier than last month, so it and Batgirl apparently 'swapped'.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.