Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel NOW... how many titles will you add? (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Marvel NOW... how many titles will you add?
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
^ 2.99 or 3.99?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed on Wolverine & The X-Men--a while back, Bleeding Cool compared it to the Giffen/Dematteis JLI, and I think it's a perfectly valid one--great mix of great humor, fun action, and strong pathos.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I also going Aaron's Thor to be pretty awesome do far. It feels fresh with a grandiose-yet-viceral quality to it.

I think Marvel has *so far* been very smart to avoid some DC mistakes.

Agree with of all the above. .. Just sat down and re-read the 3 issues of Thor so far, and it was quite epic, while also maintaining a real feeling that Thor is actually in danger. Very nice art, too.

CK, interested to hear what kind of DC mistakes are being avoided in your view. Although based on absolutely no facts, I get a feel that the marvel creators have more leash, that there is less of an editorial interference (or that it doesn't show as much)... I'm Probably making that up based on recent DC rumors and reports, but its hard to shake the feeling that it is true.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Also like the comparison of WAXM to JLI... The batsh*t crazy, suspension-of-disbelief goings-on, with the nice character work and punch-to-the-stomach emotional moments ... well, that's a style that really works for me.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.