Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 40)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And in my first week on Weight Watchers, I've lost eight pounds! [Bouncing Boy]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Exellent work RH.

But if there is less of you to meet that means there is less of you to love.

We'll just love what's there more.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the encouragement, WWC. As of this morning, I've lost a total of fifteen pounds!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow!

That deserves serious cogratulations

Seriously well done Rocky.
Do you have a target you are trying for or are you just taki ng it a bit at a time, so as not to rush yourself?

Well done mate.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I do have a target, although Weight Watchers encourages starting by losing ten percent of one's body weight. As of this week, I've lost 18 pounds, which gives me six to go for that. After that, I'll have another 43 to go to my target weight.

At some point, I'll have to post a picture of me wearing the pants (that's trousers to you, WWC [Wink] ) I was wearing when I started.

--------------------

walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Hey if you want to post a picture of you in just your pants (that's underwear to you) then that's fine by me.

Go Rockhopper, go Rockhopper, go Rockhopper!

--------------------
Be lucky

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I made it to my 10 percent goal--or actually two pounds past it this week! I'm almost halfway to my target weight!

[Bouncing Boy]

--------------------

walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Well done Rockhopper. Keep up the good work.

So do you feel better for the weight loss.

I mean, of course, you will feel better emotionaly - but do you notice a physical difference? Do you find it is easier to make it up the stairs and stuff like that? Do you have more energy?

Also, do you find it easier or harder to stick to your new regime as time goes on?

Whatever, we are behind you and I'm still waiting for the underwear photo!!

--------------------
Be lucky

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I took a week off from the diet while I was visiting my parents, although I didn't go totally overboard.

I started back following the plan on Monday. Wednesday is my weigh-in day, so I weighed myself this morning and found I had still lost three pounds over the last two weeks! I've now lost 32 pounds and have 35 pounds left to go for my target weight.

To answer WWC's questions from a few weeks ago, I don't have to take stairs too often (My condo is a ground-level flat and my library is one floor also), but I do find stairs easier now when I do climb them.

Taking a week off was kind of fun, but now that I'm back in my routine, it's no problem at all.

There'll be a bit of a wait for that underwear photo. I'm pretty shy [Embarrassed]

[ May 24, 2007, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I weighed in this morning and have now lost 36 pounds, with 31 to go! [Bouncing Boy]

I'm trying to be more careful about what I'm eating as well. I've found that I've been eating too many of those "100 calorie packs" which are great, but they're essentially a small portion of junk food. So, there will be fewer of those and more fruits and veggies.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Way to go John! I'm not using or following any kind of diet or plan but I know how good it feels to lose weight. With my changes I'm down 19 pounds in the last three weeks. I'm hoping for a couple of more as I wanted to at least lose 20 before my one month follow-up which is on the 11th.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Congrats, Scott! That's really terrific!

There's something so satisfying about all the things that go with losing weight--like having to buy smaller clothes! And just looking at yourself in the mirror and being able to see the difference!

Keep up the good work! [Smile]

--------------------

mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Men! Curse you and your ability to easily drop the pounds!

Awww, I'm just jealous. I too have joined Weight Watchers and it has taken me 5 months to lose 31 lbs. Still got lots more to go...

Congrats to everyone for their successes! [Smile]

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

And congatulations to you, Mechana!

Some of the women I work with are also on WW and they've made similar comments about my loss. [Wink]

Seriously though, 31 pounds in five months is a great accomplishment. Way to go! [Smile]

--------------------

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I have a thyroid problem. The last two years I've gained weight. I could always maintain 240 and look alright. I am currently 285!!! I diet, i workout, i walk/run, i eat smart...and i can't lose weight.

My family recently found out they've had thyroid issues. My mom, her brother, and three of his kids. Guess i have to visit the doctor. [Frown]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.