Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COMMUNITY in its own thread at last! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: COMMUNITY in its own thread at last!
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like Jeff's heart is growing three times larger... between the AD&D episode and this week's, Jeff is becoming a regular softie...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched this season's first episode again tonight (I save 'em on the DVR as long as I can 'til the DVD comes out), and was reminded just how big an ass Jeff can be! Man that episode got UGLY in the middle...!

Since I'm up too dang early, I guess I'll watch the rest of the epiosdes. [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Speaking of Jeff-as-ass... he literally pulled no punches with Pierce this past Thursday.

Another great ep. Pierce certainly showed he is not to be trifled with.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Love that this show is willing to take all kinds of chances... this week's episode with Pierce in the hospital had nothing to do with the basic premise of the show... plus Levar Burton singing Reading Rainbow and Troy's meltdown... hilARious

[ February 21, 2011, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great ep and I love the amount of heart the show has sometimes.

Pierce is a character I generally loathe but usually every episode I come to appreciate why he's there.

The Jeff / Britta scene where they roleplay "Jeff's Dad" and "Britta's Dad" was hilarious.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Another solid gold outing from COMMUNITY this week, perfect from the get-go with Pierce's "sizemore" joke!

BEST lower-tier character intro'd this episode: Vickie! She rocks! Her feud with Pierce was hilarious.

WORST lower-tier character intro'd this episode: Magnitude. Hope he never pop-pops back up on a later repisode. Bleah!

Always nice to see Garrett and Leonard. Had no idea Star-Burns was a drug dealer.

Loved Abed's side-non-romance with the secret service agent!

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
This was the second (at least) episode with Magnitude. He was in the episode in which homeless Chang moved himself into Jeff's apartment. Magnitude showed up at the partay.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

He must have been really forgettable to me in that episode, as I didn't recall him at all.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

problem: boredom

solution: this season's episodes of Community on the DVR. Lates!!!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The first appearance of Magnitude.

You know a show is great when you find yourself pausing just so you can read all the various text floating across the screen during the fake news broadcasts.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

After rewatching this season's episodes, I think the Halloween/zombie ep and the Dungeons & Dragons ep tie as my favorites so far. Of course, I love all the episodes.

I now realize why I didn't remember Magnitude from that episode-- I was too in love with Paige, Britta's new not-lesbian makeout friend/enemy!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the D&D one is my favorite but just about every episode delivers.

This show will definitely be in syndication one day like the Office or at least should be!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Just got around to watching the election episode... pure Abed brilliance... Danny Pudi deserves an Emmy or even an Oscar ... maybe a Golden Globe...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've always loved Abed, but I think the moment I realize this actor is an ABSOLUTE GENIUS is back in season 1 when he assumed the persona of a sexy gigolo-type seducer and just about had (iirc) Annie out of her panties. In that moment, he was FREAKING HOT. How many people as quirky and odd-looking could pull off FREAKING HOT like that?

Yes he deserves an Emmy. The whole show does, it is SO streets ahead!

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, I remember that episode and thought the same thing.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.