Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COMMUNITY in its own thread at last! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: COMMUNITY in its own thread at last!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
From your use of "unfortunately", I'm gathering you enjoyed the series... so glad!

Season 2 has also been excellent... the Halloween episode is a 22-minute zombie movie that rivals the coolest eps of season 1, and the Christmas ep is shot in old-timey "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"-style claymation! and Dungeons and Dragons episode... oh, it's all such good stuff.

To be fair, there has been 1 "clunker" episode this season that I personally feel was a first for this series, but perhaps I will feel differently if I make myself re-watch the episode.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

"Earn your money, whore!!" [LOL] Aaah, Chevy Chase, how you soothe my jangled nerves.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
What episode did you think was a clunker?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I've always loved Abed, but I think the moment I realize this actor is an ABSOLUTE GENIUS is back in season 1 when he assumed the persona of a sexy gigolo-type seducer and just about had (iirc) Annie out of her panties. In that moment, he was FREAKING HOT. How many people as quirky and odd-looking could pull off FREAKING HOT like that?

Yes he deserves an Emmy. The whole show does, it is SO streets ahead!

Abed wasn't just impersonating a gigolo, he was channeling Don Draper from "Mad Men" and in true "Community-Meta" style, the actress who plays Annie is on "Mad Men" which makes it funnier when Annie says that Don Draper is the sexiest character on that show because her character is married to Don's coworker. [Wink]

[ May 01, 2011, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Sharky, I posted this on March 29th:

quote:
Last week's episode was probably my least favorite episode of the entire run. Probably I just need to give it another view. Chang being pathetic doesn't work for me, maybe; I think I prefer him as the power-tripping badass super-jerk.

I can't even remember what else went on that episode; I need to rewatch to confirm wether this rates as Community's sole "clunker" episode to me.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
quote:
I've always loved Abed, but I think the moment I realize this actor is an ABSOLUTE GENIUS is back in season 1 when he assumed the persona of a sexy gigolo-type seducer and just about had (iirc) Annie out of her panties. In that moment, he was FREAKING HOT. How many people as quirky and odd-looking could pull off FREAKING HOT like that?

Yes he deserves an Emmy. The whole show does, it is SO streets ahead!

Abed wasn't just impersonating a gigolo, he was channeling Don Draper from "Mad Men" and in true "Community-Meta" style, the actress who plays Annie is on "Mad Men" which makes it funnier when Annie says that Don Draper is the sexiest character on that show because her character is married to Don's coworker. [Wink]
I didn't catch that at the time, as I never watched MAD MEN, but subsequent posts here made me realize that scene's true coolness!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Paintball #2 is already shaping up to be the best episode ever!!!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Brilliant... do I say that too often in this thread? If so, too bad... this show is BRILLIANT!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Oh Lord... I was gonna go to bed and watch this tomorrow... now I simply can't wait...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Utter magnificence. So glad there's at least 1 more episode this season. I didn't think they could top the first paintball episode, but I should have realized this is the brilliance of COMMUNITY I am watching... of COURSE the sequel is going to be even MORE awesome.

The Dean continues to get mucho laughs out of me... everything he does is ridonkulous and funny.

Vicki, Leonard, Fat Neil, Bully Michael, Star-Burns... so so many wonderful lower-tier characters that re-occur...

Not knowing the glory of COMMUNITY is one of the top 5 most horrible things I can think of.

[ May 17, 2011, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

"So why are you still dancing and get out of here?!"

"It's all I know!"

I literally laughed at the top of my lungs...which was one of many times.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just finished the Season 2 finale... MEGA-AWESOMENESS. I even didn't mind Magnitude's re-appearance. POP POP [Big Grin]

Chevy Chase I noticed is looking much more fit than he was... this makes me glad.

2 wonderful seasons, I can't wait for Fall! [Smile]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

"then I'll seen you at Denny's"

"the Denny's by the highway? I'm banned from there."

"then I guess I'll see you in hell"

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I **DEMAND** Emmy recognition for COMMUNITY!

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
mr_cleome has gotten hooked on this show, so I've actually half-watched several eps. It's pretty entertaining. The first one we saw was the "My Dinner With Andre" ep, and then forward from there.

I did space out a little during the paintball saga, though. Sorry.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.