Roll Call
2 members (stile86, Eryk Davis Ester, stile86), 52 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/14/24 08:33 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 05/14/24 08:29 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/14/24 08:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Nightcrawler - 05/14/24 07:31 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/14/24 07:24 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 05/14/24 04:38 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/14/24 04:33 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Fresh Faces Discussion Thread
#133382 09/22/07 07:41 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Wow! Thanks for "calling the roll!" Mystery Lad!!

So helpful!

Here's an update...

Male Lead:
Bouncing Boy has 3 noms
Polar Boy has 3 also

Female Lead:
Ayla has 4 noms
Supergirl and Shady have 2 each

Supporting Male:
Kent Shakespeare (Impulse) has 2 noms
Leland McCauley also has 2

Supporting Female:
President Chu has 2 noms

The Obscure Male and Female categories each have several single nominees. We will have to narrow that down, eventually.

The Prop and Setting categories have several single nominees, which will probably all be used.

The Other/Anything Else categories have several single nominees, but also:
Tellus and Flederweb with 2 noms each.

These polls are still wide open. I will vote last, which could settle any ties that might occur before we begin.

The Fresh Faces competition will have a LOT of characters in it, in every capacity! It ought to be a LOT of fun!!

If you have some editing to do, please do so. Remember that I'm really flexible with these things.

#133383 09/23/07 09:46 PM
Active
Active
i like the idea of backstage ineraction between the competition!

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#133384 09/25/07 12:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm having a MUCH more difficult time than I suspected I would with this. Some of my selections in certain categories are going to seem questionable.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#133385 09/25/07 08:02 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'm intrigued!

Take your time... I'm still working on the First Come, First Served Edition.

#133386 10/01/07 06:25 PM
Active
Active
1. Name 2 male lead characters: Mon-El & Pol
2. Name 2 female lead characters: Catspaw & Kara
3. Name 2 male supporting cast members: Dev-Em & Officer Dvron
4. Name 2 female supporting cast members: Neon & Nightwind
5. Name 2 obscure male characters: Biron the Bowman (Comet the Superhorse) & Reflecto (from the Adventure era Adult Legion story)
6. Name 2 obscure female characters: Mystelor & Dawn Allen

7. List a prop you'd like to see used in a Holo Model contest: an official silver thong from SHAKES

8. List a setting you'd like to see in a Holo Model contest: The asteroid circling Star 69

9. List something that might fit into an "other" category that you'd like to see in a Holo Model contest: creative use of the Miracle Machine during the competition

10. Anything else? Did I mention the silver thongs from SHAKES? laugh

Rank hath it's privileges
#133387 10/03/07 02:19 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Update!

Leaders for male lead: Bouncing Boy, Polar Boy, Ferro Lad, Mon-El

Leaders for female lead: Light Lass, Supergirl, Shadow Lass

Leaders for supportin male: Kent, Leland Mc, Dev-Em, Calamity King

Leaders for supporting female: Pres. Chu, Celeste/Neon

Leader for obscure male: none!

Leaders for obscure female: Dawn Allen, Mystelor

Some characters have single nominations, but in more than one category. They include Kantuu, Dvron and Nightwind. I tend to take notice of stuff like that there.

#133388 10/07/07 02:22 AM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Okay, I'm late and I'm breakin' the rules. Thank space I'm a debutante!

LEGIONNAIRES
I'm not going to nominate. So many Legionnaires are already disqualified by virtue of previous contest appearances anyway.

SUPPORTING CHARACTERS
Inferno of The Wanderers. I think she should remain in opaque glasses, but perhaps she'll choose different frames. Or perhaps not.

Nightwind. With hair, please.

Dawn Allen. She may not have appeared much, but it was too much to be obscure.

How about the new Teen Lantern from LSH31st?

OBSCURE
Cill(?) Zoe's SP partner.

Zynthia Thom's ex.

Madame President of Braal. Panel 5, page 5 of SLSH 236. How's that for obscure? Dig her headdress, Sketchy.

PCoV, dammit!

Liquid Man of the Super-Companions.

(Perhaps there can be another Fresh Faces contest later on?)

#133389 10/07/07 11:46 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Alrighty then! The polls are closed for nominations for the Fresh Faces competition. Thank you all so much for your wonderful ideas!

I will be announcing contest details shortly...

#133390 10/07/07 11:58 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
HOLO MODEL: FRESH FACES EDITION

Hosts: Dream Girl and Matter Eater Lad

Judges: Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Marte Allon, Hate-Face, Emerald Empress and Lester Spiffany

Contestants:
Male: Bouncing Boy, Polar Boy, Kantuu, Dvron, Leland McCauley

Female: Light(ning) Lass, Supergirl, Nightwind, Teen Lantern, President Chu

Keep an eye open for the various props and settings nominated. I generally use most of what is requested. But some definites: Tellus, Flederweb and interesting consequences for winning and/or losing.

This has been a lot of fun so far, and it's only going to get more fun. I expect for this contest to have a LOT of stuff going on.

#133391 10/07/07 12:01 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Maybe you're thinking to yourself, "But Sketch Lad, what about all those obscure characters I took my valuable timing scoping out for this thing?" Well, I have an answer! I will be organizing an ALL OBSCURE CHARCTERS Holo Model competition. It will happen later, of course, because I want to take good care of the Fresh Faces. Plus, that gives me time to research each of them, and be able to try to get to know them a little bit before I shine that glorious Legion World spotlight on them. You know how LW tends to make stars of the obscure....

#133392 10/07/07 01:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Super! Another chance for Leeta 87!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#133393 10/07/07 01:56 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Wasn't she in Impress the Empress? I liked her...

And finally Dawn Allen will have her chance to shine! laugh

#133394 10/09/07 08:58 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Don't tell her, but the Empress' contest, "Impress the Empress" doesn't count as an official Holo Model competition. It was an AWESOME project, don't get me wrong, but let's just call it a "spin-off."

Update on Fresh Faces....

I've organized the whole competition, using the data you all filled in. Now it's just a matter of creating the artwork. There will be six judges this time, and I'm sure I've mentioned before that the judge's situations and dialogue write themselves. Ought to be interesting....

#133395 10/10/07 03:23 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I posted the greet from the hosts, a hello from the judges and the first look at the finalists. Notice they are all referred to by one name. I thought that was kinda fun.

I'll start the artwork for the first challenge very soon.

#133396 10/10/07 03:55 AM
Active
Active
They look great! You can't get a fresher face than Jordana Gardner!
Dreamy is always dreamy and I've loved the Empress and Lester as judges in all Contests. smile

#133397 10/13/07 01:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I gotta say, based on the face-shots, Kantuu really stands out. I mean, green skin is no rarity in the LSH-verse but he's... different.

Also, nice face-shot for Chuck... I've often considered Chuck more hot-fat than fat-fat, y'know, like a cute husky football player (this often doesn't convey well in spandex). We'll see how this works out for him. Don't be afraid to toss some space-gel in his hair!

Kara and Nightwind are lovely, and I agree, Jordana is the freshest of fresh faces!

#133398 10/14/07 03:46 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The first challenge has been completely pencilled and even scanned. I just need to color everything. As usual, the judging sequences wrote themselves. And as usual, an interesting plotline has developed.

I had a lot of fun with the first challenge. Here's a hint... it'll be more entertaining to you if you're familiar with all the past Holo Model competitions.

Looking forward to sharing it with everyone, and more than ever, the results of each round will be quite entertaining!

Hang in there...

#133399 10/14/07 03:56 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper

#133400 10/14/07 08:11 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hey, I've gotten half of the holos colored! That's way more than I thought I'd get to this weekend. Still have all the judges and some of the hosting panels to color though, but coming right along....

#133401 10/15/07 11:59 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The first challenge is posted!

Please name your male and female winners and losers. Then... wait and see what happens to... or with... them.

#133402 10/16/07 12:23 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Great idea, Sketchy!! I recognized a bunch of those holo scenes, too. laugh Brilliant.

Winners: Chu & McCauley
Losers: Supergirl & Brek

Supergirl's pose was just a bit... dull to me. For some reason, she just didn't come off iconic. I know Kara can do better, though. Personally, I do hope she makes it through, so we can see her in those hot shorts!

Brek just didn't look... right. I can't quite put my finger on it but there was something there that felt... forced. It's a shame 'cause I love his hat!

On the other side, Chu really surprised me. But something about her being evil and in Tyroc's costume... I dunno. She was just.. sexy! It was strange. (I half expected the Emerald Empress to fall for her.)

McCauley is another one I wouldn't have expected to like. But there was something so blissfully arrogant about him that really struck me. Plus, the background with Starry Night was... inspired. He would be greedy like that, to own an ancient work instead of sharing it. Just spot on and absolutely fabulous.

Comments about the other competitors:
-- Ayla didn't do it for me but I liked her spunk. Hopefully the next challenge will highlight her assets more.
-- I love Jordana and hope to see more of her for sure. I think part of the reason her holo wasn't my favorite (it was a close second!) was because I couldn't see her distinctive hairstyle entirely. I just love her hair. However, the color contrast was brilliant and she looked positively radiant. Great job there.
-- Nightwind was just sort of "eh" for me. No real strong feelings either way. She's sexy but it's just kind of... there. I'd love to see more expression from her, y'know? Like Tyra says, you have to connect with the camera!
-- Chuck's was a little much for my tastes, though I absolutely adored the Empress' response to him. I really cracked up.
-- Dvron was inspired. Definitely a runner-up to McCauley. I loved the dynamic coloring and his expression and the devil horns... just wonderful! Really, really great.
-- Kantuu didn't do it for me, either. I can't quite explain why but it was just sort of there. I was unimpressed with his performance.

#133403 10/16/07 12:33 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
AYLA: The retro space uniform is a good fit for her-- in fact, she'd look great with this style costume all the time. Her hair-do fits in perfectly. The stars on the gloves make her look like a bit of a Colossal Boy groupie-- or a good friend of his.

LELAND: Nice job on that lamp and the Van Gogh painting. I like the concept of the contrast between treasures and casual attire. Too bad Leland's so generally skeevy. Jeans and a crisp white T-shirt and long hair are sexy as all get out-- but when you're such a total jerk, the attire and hair become unsettling. Maybe it's the sunglasses. Was he going for drug dealer chic?

JORDANA : Picking her posed more of a challenge than I first would've thought. Since she debuted in the animated version of the comic, she's a much younger looking character than she'd be if she were introduced in the mainstream LSH comic.

BREK: Not hitting it for me. Not sure why-- I like the minimal blue/black color scheme... the blue suits Brek. Good expression, nice torso. Maybe it's the eyebrows?

NIGHTWIND: My favorite gal. I think the space-helmet and her face and hair within it are beautifully done. The costume isn't what we'd expect from her. Maybe that's the 'artificiality' that Hate-Face is going on about. I like the purple for the space background.

DVRON: Hmmm. What's he doing with his hands? I wouldn't have recognized him without him being ID'ed.

SUPERGIRL: Fresh face indeed. Innocence evident. (Or faked very well).

CHUCK: Oh my dear lord-- I did not expect *this*! Give the man the contest.

CHU: Ick. There should've been a snake crawling around somewhere. At least Jan wasn't tied up on a table somewhere. Is Tyroc the new Starfinger?

KANTUU: Close second to Chuck (but not *too* close...) You did a good job on his chest and the glow under his eyes gives him lots of expression. The image of him buddying up with the nebula is a great one.

The judges are such a great show unto themselves. You know what might be fun? If you did a future 'blind' competition... supplying judges drama, comedy and comments without naming names and we voted on who we think they're describing...

Empress in love with Kantuu?! Tee-hee! The Supergirl 'rapture'? Gotta be preboot, but cute.

Winners: CHUCK and NIGHTWIND
Losers: LELAND and CHU

#133404 10/16/07 04:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Winners: KANTUU - very bold and striking! and CHU - bold and a little creepy! It takes quite an attitude for an older woman to wear Tyroc's disco costume.

Losers: BREK and AYLA. They look sweet and wholesome and I guess I'm just not in a sweet and wholesome mood this morning.

It was a tough decision between Kantuu, McCauley (so unexpectedly casual!) and Dvron (hot!).

I'm amazed that Lester can calculate interest on his gazillions in his head. Maybe he's a mathematical genius?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#133405 10/16/07 05:24 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll start with the girls, as this is an easier choice for me...

Winner: NIGHTWIND. Fab, just fab. She's fierce, she pops!

I liked SUPERGIRL too (I have this chicks-flying-through-space thing right now).

CHU doesn't do it for me (can't get past her villainy, I suppose) though I loved the connection to another former Earth President, Troy Stewart AKA Tyroc.

JORDANA deserves a pass through to next round.

AYLA was too "eh".

Loser: AYLA gets the nod barely over Chu.

In general, I liked the guys' holos a bit more more so this is a bit harder...

Winner: KANTUU. All he needs is a space-manicure and I'd be fighting the Empress for him. LOVE the addition of the Gorilla Nebula.

CHUCK's looking good!

BREK deserves a pass through.

McCAULEY's background made the picture for me. Well done!

Loser: DVRON looks very sexy yet I can't reconcile this with my Baptist roots! Out with Old Scratch!

#133406 10/16/07 10:45 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
I had a tie with my choices for winning pictures. I like Dvron and Brek and I liked Chu and Jordana. I'm going to go for Dvron (the little devil) and Jordana. I like the combo of the red hair and green mask. I did like Chu using Tyroc's costume.

Chuck looked a little awkward. more by the stubble than the feathers, I think.

But McCauley was the worse. Trying to impress us with his Van Gogh and Tiffany lamp (Nice touch Dean) I am split between Nightwind and Supergirl. I pick Nightwind as loser.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,310
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Clovyr Crymsun Kid's Sidekick, timeless one
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Tiffany Spiffany
Tiffany Spiffany
Mayavale University
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star