Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 46)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
More Pantheon -

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys, if they have Butler-Eater Lad, why not...

Bonnie Blue Butler-Eater Lad.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm trying to index the "1,050 Years of the Future" tradepaperback, and trying to determine the source of the Legion Constitution article in there. It says it's adapted from Who's Who in the Legion of Super-Heroes #2-6; but that is really sourced from The Legion of Super-Heroes #308-310. But there are some changes from those; some deletions, but also two additions, and names of postboot Legionnaries in clause 7.11.

I find we have a postboot version of the constitution here that also has those changes. Where was that printed in the comics?

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, I found it. It's from Legion of Super-Heroes Secret Files #2.

The "1,050 Years of the Future" tradepaperback reprints it as-is (including the graphics at the bottom), despite sourcing it from "Who's Who in the Legion of Super-Heroes".

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone have any screenshots from the cartoon?

I'm looking for a couple of images in particular:

- Kell-El standing on the bridge of the Legion spaceship, saying, "The cloud is singing to us?!" from the Ayla episode

- Nemesis Kid offering to do Karate Kid's laundry

I'd be really grateful if anyone could hook me up with either or both of these.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Kramer
Substitute Podcaster!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Kramer   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Kramer         Edit/Delete Post     
If anyone has an actual size scan of the cover to the Illustrated Index of the Legion of Super Heroes #2, the Swan cover with the Legionnaires all standing around a table, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm going to start binding my Superboy & the Legion run and I think that'd make an incredible cover to the volume, or background for a table of contents.

Thanks!!!

--------------------
Check out the Legion of Substitute Podcasters!

http://www.legionofsubstitutepodcasters.com

From: Grafton, WI | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
What was the name of the final comic series the original characters appeared in? Was it Legion of Super-Heroes volume ? Was it Tales of the Legion?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
The answer to that question probably depends on who you ask, and how you define the "original characters".

For me, the original characters final appearance was in Legion of Super-Heroes #61 (v. 4, 1989 series). This would have been at the conclusion of the "End of the Era" story that was published in conjunction with the Zero Hour event. The reboot Legion then starred in that same series starting with issue #62. I consider the Five Years Later team to still be the originals.

Other fans may define the last Paul Levitz story as the final appearance of the originals. That would have been Legion of Super-Heroes #63 (v.3, 1984 series). It would have been after the "Magic Wars" story that wrapped up in the final issue of the 1984 series. It would have occurred right before Five Years Later.

Other fans may get a bit more technical, and say that Legion of Super-Heroes #4 (v.4, 1989 series) was the last appearance of the originals. The explanation here would be that the originals appeared in the first four issues after the five year gap, and Mon-El's destruction of the Time Trapper, in issue #5, put into motion a series of events that created the Mordruverse, and then a rebooted team (that included Kid Quantum and Laurel Gand as early members).

Still others may say the original team ended with the death of Superboy and the introduction of the pocket universe. That would make the final appearance of the originals Legion of Super-Heroes #36 (v.3, 1984 series).

No matter which of those answers you pick, the end of "Tales of the Legion" would not be the last appearance of the originals. Tales was printed in conjunction with LSH v.3, the 1984 series.
It picked up the numbering from the final issue of LSH v.2, the 1980 series. After the first twelve issues it just reprinted stories from v.3. It had more to with direct sales marketing then any change in the definition of the team.

I hope I didn't totally confuse you, Phantom Girl !?! That's the best I can do.

[ February 12, 2010, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Oops!

[ February 13, 2010, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Phantom Girl ]

--------------------

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

I pretty much followed you. At this point for purposes of my game I'll go with V4, 1989. I've got some of those comics sitting on the shelf yet to be read. As for the 5 year gap, that I'm still confused on. I have no idea what the comic looked like, if that's what it was actually called, if I own any?

What is the actual title of this comic run and how many issues were there? I may have some unread and not even know it.

--------------------

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here you go Matt,I hope this will do.

I kind of guesstimated the size.

-

And heres one with a logo.

-

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Kramer
Substitute Podcaster!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Kramer   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Kramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks so much for the assistance! I can't wait to get these bound. I'm hopefully picking up the last seven issues of Superboy & the LoSH that I need today. After that, I'll have a complete Legion run from Adventure #338 to current, with scattered issues before that.

--------------------
Check out the Legion of Substitute Podcasters!

http://www.legionofsubstitutepodcasters.com

From: Grafton, WI | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom Girl:
I pretty much followed you. At this point for purposes of my game I'll go with V4, 1989. I've got some of those comics sitting on the shelf yet to be read. As for the 5 year gap, that I'm still confused on. I have no idea what the comic looked like, if that's what it was actually called, if I own any?

What is the actual title of this comic run and how many issues were there? I may have some unread and not even know it.

The Five Years Later (5YL) era started with issue number one of Legion of the Super-Heroes (v. 4, 1989 series). After Levitz left at the end of the previous series, Keith Giffen became the main writer. He started with an all new issue number one. The first page of the first issue had FIVE YEARS LATER printed in big bold letters.

In the missing five years the Legion had been disbanded by the government of Earth and most members had left the planet. Reep Daggle, the former Chameleon Boy, began his quest to put a new Legion team together.

This new team was featured in issues #1 through #61 of Legion of Super-Heroes (v.4, 1989 series).

In issue #25, the SW6 Legionnaires were introduced. They were younger duplicates of the Legion who appeared be plucked out of the time stream in the mid to late Adventure Comics era. As readers, we had to guess whether the they were clones or time displaced dopplegangers, or maybe the older team was really the clones.

The younger SW6 team was eventually given their own comic which was called Legionnaires. That team was featured in Legionnaires #1 through #18.

In 1994, DC decided to replace both the 5YL team and SW6 team with a single rebooted version of the Legion. They used the crossover event Zero Hour to make the switch.

The reboot team was featured in Legion of Super-Heroes (v.4, 1989 series) #62 through #125.

The reboot team was also being featured at the same time in Legionnaires #19 through #81.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Kramer:
Thanks so much for the assistance! I can't wait to get these bound. I'm hopefully picking up the last seven issues of Superboy & the LoSH that I need today. After that, I'll have a complete Legion run from Adventure #338 to current, with scattered issues before that.

Your welcome, I like about 20 issues of Adventure myself to finish my run of the original Legion.

How does the binding issues work,and how much does it cost.

Love the show by the way, great interview with Mr.Levitz, nice to hear someone else take up for Karate Kid (Val Armorr).

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.