Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The untamed streets of Legion World (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The untamed streets of Legion World
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps a little holiday after all this is over. We have been a bit busy lately...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
“ahem!” says a soft voice “I don’t want to spoil this little romantic moment, but do you want me to do something about that”

Turning Cobalt and the Princess are horrified to see three Zombies falling from a window above them. hands outstretched greedily towards them and the words they have come to hate rumbling out of there fetid misshapen mouths

“Brainnnnnnnnnnssssssss”

As rotting fingers entwine into the Princesses hair, Cobalt is knocked to the ground. Rolling quickly he gets to his knees in time to see ……..

The Zombies gone? How?

Faraway Lad is standing there smiling. “You two are getting too old for this game, time was The princess wouldn’t have let them get the drop on you like that old boy. Lucky I got here just in time to send them faraway”

“Cru are you OK” shouts Cobalt rushing to her side, “they didn’t… didn’t bite you did they?”

“No my dear I’m fine thanks to Faraway” and she quickly hugs Cobalt aware of the horrible fate that could have befallen her.

“Now” smiles Faraway, “I came back for the inauguration ceremony of the new leader and find Zombies shambling around all over the place anyone care to fill me in”

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rex Viridian
Heir to the Eye

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rex Viridian           Edit/Delete Post     
Well now, the energy available to me is much stronger out here. This should be fun! [Smile]

Weaving together the wisps of green mist, Rex forms a bright green combination garbage truck, street sweeper with arms protruding from it's sides. The machine hits the street and barrels off into the mob of zombies ambling towards the LMBPers. Grabbing undead bodies with each set of arms, it tosses them into the garbage compacting compartment. At the same time, it rolls over dozens of others and sweeps them into it's rapidly rotating brushes, ripping them apart and vacuuming them into the collection bin. Unfortunately for the zombies, while it is a mean green garbage machine, it doesn't recycle.

--------------------
Rank hath it's privileges

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
[suddenly, in the skies numerous blond, feminine figures clothed in redand blue fly overhead]

[at first, theLMBers are elated: all the Supergirl robots on the planet are helping out!]

[their spirits dampen quickly, however, when the LMBers realize that all 111 of the robots are not fighting the zombies...but HELPING them!]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
<Everyday Girl joins Rex Walking behind the Emerald Energy Garbage Truck.>

Ohmygod, Mr. Greengenes, that Garbage Truck Thingie is just like too Rad For Words...

It's just like exactly the type of thing The Emerald Empress (Jebus, I miss Her & Uncle Spacey) would have whipped up...

Did you know her?

<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

<A side street is cleared of Zombies by incendiary rounds>

Watch the alley coming up on your side...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Lardy tries to help, but fins himself stumbling. His Lard Force hasn't yet recovered from its corruption from the zombie bite, and the effect on his physical and spiritual equilibrium is pronounced.>

<Suddenly, a voice calls out to him...>

brother...help me...

<Lardy looks around and sees no one>

help me...I'm trapped...

Hugh? HUGH! Where are you?

the Tyrant...it has taken me...help me, my brother...

Where are you?

<suddenly, Lardy's mind is inundated with a powerful wave of information--it's so overwhelming that he faints>

<when he recovers a moment later, the voice is gone>

HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

<gasps, then begins to comprehend the information he's downloaded>

Sprock! I've gotta find Cali immediately!

[ September 19, 2007, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rex Viridian
Heir to the Eye

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rex Viridian           Edit/Delete Post     
Rex bows deeply towards Everyday Girl
Thank you, my fair lady. Compliments from one such as you are high praise indeed. And yes, that alley does look like a potential hazard, doesn't it.

Grinning boyishly at EG, Rex says

But watch this!

Once again weaving the green mists, Rex points towards the garbage truck. As it reaches the alley, it's side opens up and a huge green ball explodes out of it, and rolls furiously into the alley. The sphere is so large that it just barely fits between the two walls. As it plows through the alley, it flattens the mob of zombies waiting in the shadows. Immediately, a green bowling lane rack emerges from the side of the truck and sweeps the zombie parts into the collection bin.

I counted 30 of them, do you agree? I think that's scored as a turkey. First one I've ever bowled! What fun!

Hearing the screams of many Legion World citizens, Rex's looks up at the sky

Look! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it IS a bird actually. A bunch of blond ones as a matter of fact. Do they look lonely to you?

Manipulating the mists once again, Rex's laughs

This is so appropriate!

The roof of the truck flys open and suddenly a green energy simulcrum of Braniac 5 comes flying out, yelling "Kara, darling! I can't believe you've come back to me!" Another follows, and then another until the sky above the street is filled with 111 Brainey simulcrums, each of them embracing one of the Supergirl robots. As soon as they touch however, a shimmering green shield burst from Brainy's belt, engulfing each Brainy and Kara, trapping them inside.

--------------------
Rank hath it's privileges

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
** Watches as Nova Girl flies up intercepts a Supergirl Robot. Wrestling it towards the ground, they smash the OscarMayerMatic causing the remaining contents to splash hight into the air above the city. **

Lovely isn't it? I haven't been knee high in goo since I crashed on that giant space amoeba years ago.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Computer Tyrant:
[suddenly, in the skies numerous blond, feminine figures clothed in redand blue fly overhead]

[at first, theLMBers are elated: all the Supergirl robots on the planet are helping out!]

[their spirits dampen quickly, however, when the LMBers realize that all 111 of the robots are not fighting the zombies...but HELPING them!]

Oh Horse Puckey... As if this day wasn't bad enough already ---now we gotta deal with Cobie's Fantasy Playmates...

<Pulls Security Office Comm Unit from belt>

Jailbait, you listening? Those Damn Superbroad Robots have apparently been taken over by an outside force... They're helping the Fricking Zombies fer Crystal's Sakes! It's time to activate the Robotic Bimbo Protocols...

And save me some of that sushi, I missed lunch...

<Watches the sky with a smug look on her face as the Supergirl Robots are intercepted and held by the emerald energy Brainiac 5's and then start falling, inert, their power cores destroyed by failsafe devices.>

That two week assignment as Head of Security Office Maintenance Cobie gave me as punishment for hiding Brit's Bunny Slippers under his couch just paid a huge dividend.

[ September 19, 2007, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: My Wee Fem ]

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<finds Cali, glances over at Cobalt and Crujectra and briefly gives Cobalt the evil eye>

Cali, I've gotta speak to you a minute!

<she gives him that "not again" look>

No, I'm not making another pass at you! Listen...you're the leader, and I've got some intel for you...

<takes her aside away from Cobalt and the others>

Sorry, I have a sore point with Cobalt right now, and...<tears spill out>...look...<wipes eyes>..I just had contact with, well, with my robot, the real one I've been looking for that is, and...

<gathers himself>

...you see, it's not just a robot...are you familiar with my brother Hugh? <she looks uncertain> Well, technically he was an imperfect clone of me that was created by Salad-Tosser Lord.

<she still looks unsure>

Well, ever heard of HUGEMANBREASTS?

<she nods...this one, she's heard of>

That's him! Last year, though, he was...murdered...by Hummer Lass--yes, it's complicated--during the 52 Affair in a chance encounter in which she mistook Hugh for me. You were off-planet during most of it.

Anyhow, Hugh was never evil, but he was easily manipulated by our enemies because he was so naive and simple minded. And after he was killed, I was, well, stricken by grief and kinda dove into a project to cope with it. I...had a robot created special in my image to kind of give Hugh a second chance...yeah, I know it's crazy...

...and Dru...<fresh tears>...she helped me complete him...captured a bit of Hugh's soul and put it inside the robot for me.

When Dru and I...when Dru and I left for Zerox, I left it here, so it might live the kind of life Hugh never got the chance to. But like Hugh, it was vulnerable to suggestion...

<tries to gather self>

...but the robot's essence just reached out to me and downloaded all the information it had about what's happening. He was taken over by an entity from Earth called the Computer Tyrant. The Tyrant is working with Slim, Shenu (the creep behind the zombies), Angra Metternich (he's apparently alive!) and...the Empress.

<Cali gasps>

Yeah, I know. Apparently, they're calling themselves the 'Five Faces of Death', and they're a force to be reckoned with!

But as for the Tyrant, I think Hugh...or Clive, as he calls himself, now...is still in there somewhere. I know we may have to destroy the Tyrant, but if we can find some way to spare Clive, if it's possible...I hope we can find a way. He...he's all I...all I....<breaks down>

<Cali embraces him and contemplates all he's told her...>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
[the aspect of the Computer Tyrant that is on the scene smiles a cold, humorless smile]

The fools think I had not taken that into account? HA! Those 111 were just the vanguard of the real assault! Before I deployed the 111 Legion World Supergirl robots, they built an additional 200 duplicates at super-speed...each one devoid of the flaws of the originals! HA!

[on the Tyrant's command, 150 of them attack the streets with the zombies, while the remaining 50 surround Legion World from orbit and begin to use their heat vision to create carnage on the surface]

[ September 19, 2007, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: The Computer Tyrant ]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Faraway Lad looks up into the Sky. “Great” he says “I save you two from the Zombies and now we have to deal with Cobalt’s dammed libido driven fantasies?”
But it is said with a huge smile. He winks at Cruecktra and says to Cobalt, “just like the old days isn’t it you old bugger”

As a Supergirl robot sweeps down to attack, Faraway sends it …well away somewhere.

“Can you two excuse me for a moment” He asks “I need to sort out a little problem in orbit”

“Sure Far” smiles Cobalt, I built these things I think I know how to get rid of them” and with that he and Cru fly off into battle.

Faraway leaps into the air, sending out an emergency call on his private sub space communicator. He smiles even more when he gets an instant response.

As he arrives in orbit there is a flash as a hyperspace rift opens and out of it fly’s a super Moby Dick of space.

“Ah Horace old chum, nice of you to join me” says Faraway. Could you take care of these orbiting robots for me please?”

A light musical keening is his answer and then Horace is gone. Using ultra energy he swipes at the robots with his tail smashing them to pieces. Three robots form up to attack his face and he simply opens his mouth and swallows them.

Satisfied that Horace will quickly eliminate the orbiting Supergirl Robots Faraway flies back down to land next to Caliente.

“So illustrious leader” he jokes “How’s the first day in the job? Fun isn’t it!”

He reaches out with the Faraway force and sends an attacking zomibie away.

“What’s next”?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<grinning>

I don't know why you're all looking at me. I only ever built three Supergirl Robots, and one found religion and moved off planet, one died, and the third one has already tried to kill me [Wink]

<makes sure My Whee Fem heard it>

Wow, she barely talks for months and suddenly she's got Space Ranger's confidence matched with Abin's powers to annoy people [Big Grin]

<catches My's evil eye>

I'm kidding, kidding...you know full well I like having young girls with attitude problems as high-ranking security officers.

<turns>

Welcome back Far [Big Grin]

<slapping Far on the back as he talks with Cali>

<notices Lardy but says nothing>

The Five Faces of Death, eh? Well, if we had a composite durlan on Legion World for an entire year, that can't be good. But enough of this...

<kisses Crujeckie, rises to the sky, flies off to battle zombies and robots>

Cali, keep me informed via omnicom. I'm here to discuss our next moves, but my powers work best in situations like these...

<begins flying around Legion World at top speed, taking out large armies of zombies and robots>

...and let me know especially if you find Frio...

<looks at hands, both with freezer burn>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, okay. Leader means leading. Trial by fire, the puns hurt me.

Everyday Girl, Faraway Lad, Nova Girl-- stay here and keep at it. I'm going to try and assemble the troops and make some sense of what I've learned.

Cobie, thank you. I... I'll let you know.

<supports Lardy as she makes a strategic retreat>

Come on Tamper, we both know the girl's the real power. We've got to come up with a plan before these Five Faces of Death attack us again!

(And she goes here to do that, taking Lardy with her.)

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
< Spellbinder and the Crusader soar above street level, intent on rejoining the fight. Suddenly, four Supergirl Robots appear before them, blocking the way. Spellbinder turns to her twin. >

Feeling up to deflating a couple of blow up dolls, brother dear?

< Crusader grins his reply, and the twins surge forward, their bodies wrapped in telekinetic shields. The shields would not only protect them from harm, but would augment their strength. There is a satisfying clang as Crujectra's first super-punch connects with a robot. >

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.