Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 71)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Dumaka Ester:
Jeepers! A Magno fan? Now I've seen everything! [Wink]

Welcome EBC!

Indeed. Anyone willing to step up to the plate as a Magno fan should fit in nicely here.

[Magno]

Welcome aboard EBC!

Dreaming Celestial - I finally bailed out on Waid/Kitson, but Shooter and Manapul have drawn me back in. Everytime I think I've read my last Legion story, something draws me back.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eileen
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eileen   Email Eileen         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster here! I figured all the good usernames were taken, so I used the one I go by on ff.net, which is also my real name. (Maybe I'm just not that creative.)
I became a Legion fan thanks to the animated series (I'll miss it! *sniff!*), but I've picked up the regular title and I'm getting into it. Now the trade paperback hunt begins!
Nice to meet you all, and I hope I can be a useful member of the team, so to speak. [Smile]

By the way, my sig is from my first posted fic on ff.net, which is here, if you're interested.

--------------------
Then again, didn’t the comic-book store open early on weekends?
Bart dashed off in a hurry.
Within seconds he was back. Not that early, I guess.

From: Northeast of Boston | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome Eileen! Glad to see a longtime lurker join in! Seems like you're off to a good start with the regular title and TPB's. Definitely jump right into all the forums!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Eileen!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Come on, Eileen!" [Smile] Make sure you de-lurk...a LOT!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Greetings Eileen. I've found it best to just say what you mean.

Then they walk away, hating me. But that's bound to happen.

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Allan Boman
Online, but working on his zine.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeffrey Allan Boman   Email Jeffrey Allan Boman         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm late in this thread (like everything, since I joined last week), so here goes:

Name Jeffrey
Age 41
Where you live Montreal, Canada
What you do I'm a computer software support guy, and a freelance writer, with credits in the RPG field. I'm also a freelance publisfer/editor and letterhacker.

Legion info I started to read comics when I was 14, but only started with the Legion after 18. I'm a fan of Giffen's Great Darkness saga and the 2boot's 20th century stint. My favorite characters: Phantom Girl (the original), Quislet, Ferro from the 2boot.

Other things you like I'm a fan of science fiction literature and media, so there's a good chance that if you mention a book or TV show/film in that field I've seen or read it. I also enjoy watching the NBA and professional wrestling (they wear their underwear on the outside too!).

If I shared everything I'm into you might end up believing I'm a phony, so I won't.

--------------------
The Original Universe, a fanzine about comics.

More information at http://fanselfpub.wetpaint.com

From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Uhm, Hello.

I'm back, which isn't really news I think.

...but it's good to be back! [Smile]

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Not-So-Bad Lad:
Uhm, Hello.

I'm back, which isn't really news I think.

...but it's good to be back! [Smile]

And it is good to have you back (in our clutches [Wink] )

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Good to be here! (though your clutches are sweaty, and could use a dash of sanitizer [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
Should probably have a quick bio here...

I'm late in this thread (like everything, since I joined last week), so here goes:

Name: Justin
Where you live Metro Vancouver, Canada
What you do Still a student. Design graphics and have a snazzy YouTube page. Meh.

Legion info Unfortunately, I was born after TMK had started to leash the Legion into a dark and scary path... so I got hooked into Reboot. I'm hooked with the continuities and whatnot. Reboot Brainy and Threeboot Cos are my faves. One has a dynamic personality and one doesn't, but that's what I love.

Other things you like Philosophy. Political ethics. Too real-world? I'm a loyal Young Justice fan (hoping that generation wouldn't end up in DiDio's genocide).

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
Name adriana
Where you live: seattle
What you do: character design

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): brainiac 5, saturn girl, dream girl, lyle pretty much all types/versions are cute to me. waid, bedard, legion lost era DnA. coipel and manapul art is my fave.

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): drawing. batman. brainiac (evil 1), mafia things, clones, podcasts

Anything else that you want to share! - i havea podcast where me and my partner in crime summarize super old legion stuff.

i curse a lot. every post i make has a rough draft that's 90% cursing.

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atoning Unifex   Email Atoning Unifex         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Chad
Where you live: Rochester, NY
What you do: Library drone

I've been reading since..errrr...1979? 1980? The Levitz-Giffen Legion is "my" Legion. Every retcon and reboot takes a little bit more fo my soul away, but I keep buying and reading because there's still a part of me that wants there to be a large team of futuristic superheroes with flight rings saving the day. I have a goofy love of Comet Queen.

I come to Legion World after being in a contest with Sketch Lad on CBR and watching Jokester on Deviant Art. I dabble in drawing and will most likely post some artwork here eventually.

Legion and X-men are the comic books I've read msot consistently over the last 30 years (fuck a duck, I'm OLD) but my favoritest comic of all time is Love and Rockets.

Ummm...I think that's it...for now.....

From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
You're not old. We got old here and you're not it.

Welcome AU (<== Gold reference)

Some of us are more old than clever, sorry bout that.

I think we have a member from Rochchester... or Albany. Somewhere in NY not NYC. Lived in Syracuse for awhile myself. Beautiful state.

Anyhow, from your post I take it you'll be posting on the "Bits" forum. Look forward to seeing your stuff.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, there, Legion-worlders.

Exnihil, here: a long-time DCMB Legion poster who is about to defect and take up residence here due to erratic board moderation over there.

So, by way of introduction:

Name: Thomas
Where you live: Suburban PA, but usually travelling
What you do: IT trainer/consultant

Legion info:

- Favorite characters: Ultra Boy is certainly # 1, along with other faves Mon-el, Brainy, Cham, and Saturn Girl.

- Favorite creators: For writing- Levitz, TMK, and the 3rd coming of Shooter. For art - I favor Cockrum, Grell, Sherman, and, when the mood is right, Jason Pearson or Oliver Coipel.

- Favorite stories: Earthwar, The Universo Project, Terra Mosaic

- When you started reading: 12 years old, "inherited" five long boxes of classic Silver Age stuff. First Legion story I read was the second part of the Sun-Eater story (Death of Ferro Lad) and I was hooked!

- Other things you like: I love travel, and enjoy hiking, biking, cinema, and reading (though time to do any of them seems to be an ever-diminishing commodity).

Looking forward to getting to know some new folks here. See you about.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.