Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 87)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
well, you could go with cheap candy and booze.

But then there's the risk of still having a few cents' worth of Cashback money left when the universe is no more.

[sigh] So many important decisions... so little time...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Give iit to the homeless guy outside the store...good karma and all that.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh we all know he'll use it towards a good and worthwhile goal for himself! [No]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if the world is going to end...he might as well go out happy as well. [shrug]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
One can be happy without booze (um, err ... I think!? [Big Grin] )

[LOL]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
Actually I'm Angdar Fel's alt.

Sorry. I really wanted him to tell you sooner.

I think this bring us full circle and the universe is now going to implode.
Well, the universe is certainly taking it's time imploding.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Shaddap, all of youse! *hic*
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Only if you say "please".

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
Actually I'm Angdar Fel's alt.

Sorry. I really wanted him to tell you sooner.

I think this bring us full circle and the universe is now going to implode.
Well, the universe is certainly taking it's time imploding.
It actually did, and then restarted, exactly the same...so you didn't notice.
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi. Since I've been (mostly) lurking and occasionally posting here for over a year I figured I'd better introduce myself properly.

I'm a 58-year-old off and on collector of comics in general and the Legion and Justice Society titles in particular.

My current "on" phase started around the time of Legion of Three Worlds. As my last "off" phase had started just before the DnA run of the reboot I had a lot of catching up to do and have only recently completed Legion Lost, The Legion and the threeboot (mostly through TPBs), although I have yet to find copies of the Widening Rifts storyline. I've also discovered the joys of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, James Robinson's Starman, and have been working on finding the various Justice Society series that have been published since the Zero Hour travesty.

Other "on" periods have been the late 60s to early 70s (when I snapped up virtually everything with Neal Adams' name on it and then had to sell my entire collection out of financial necessity in 1974), the late 70s through mid 80s (got interested when I saw All-Star #62 on the racks and quit in disgust when Marvel started flooding the market, causing my favorite titles to get cancelled), and the mid-1990s (when I saw an issue of Legionnaires at a local super market and immediately subscribed to both Legion titles).

I'm currently going slowly through my old books, deciding which ones to hang onto, occasionally rediscovering something I really liked (Those Annoying Post Brothers, anyone?) and giving the rest to my brother-in-law (who still considers Wolverine the best character ever created, poor guy).

As for other obsessions, I'll put something up on that thread Cleome45 started a few years ago for that purpose.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice to meetcha, Herm! Stick around, so we can get to know ya better! [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to the latest Legion Worlder - Cantonyx

Don't let anyone tell you that you have to compose a limerick!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I suspect he'd be suited for the "I'm thinking of an animal" thread!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duck Call Lass
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duck Call Lass   Email Duck Call Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi all, I'm new. I've been a Legion fan most of my life.

I used to run the LSH-L mailing list and LegionMUSH.

--Kynn / Duck Call Lass / Caoimhe Snow

Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, hunny! *hic*
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.