Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Justice League (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Justice League
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I just went and read the spoilers because of Blacula's post. What I read is actually sickening:

Click Here For A SpoilerLian Harper is killed; Green Arrow murders Prometheus, other awful things happen.

Wow, just awful. This will go down as one of the worst mini-series of all time. This is as bad as anything DC, Marvel or Image has ever done before in the history of all of those companies.

How can I expect to give Robinson a chance after this?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm hoping beyond hope that it was Danny D. that mandated this thing and not Robinson that came up with it.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I am not enjoying JLA, JSA, or All-Stars right now. I am proceeding with the JLA under the assumption that the current line-up is just a place-holder until the Big Three are available again.

[Fruit Boy]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I just went and read the spoilers because of Blacula's post. What I read is actually sickening:

Click Here For A SpoilerLian Harper is killed; Green Arrow murders Prometheus, other awful things happen.

W?

yeah!!! not even in the story and then pow!

my reaction was "really? really? was that necessary? dumb nasses."

ruined cry for justice which i was into int he beginning, i think its dumped me from jla too. its just gross

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
A Bad Review: http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2010/03/04/wait-what-for-justice/

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My cbs had sold out, so I didn't pick this up. The bare bones of the spoiler are certainly horrible and nothing I particularly want to read. It does explain Donna in Justice League quite a bit, though that's small compensation.

I guess I can see plot driving from this that might make a few good stories, but ultimately, they won't prove worth what was lost.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
A Bad Review: " target="_blank">http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2010/03/04/wait-what-for-justice/[/qb][/QUOTE]

BEST COMIC REVIEW EVER. (and i hate all caps. but YES i used them) CAN I ADD EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great review linked to by Reboot. Honestly this is so atrocious that I honestly wish everyone associated with it never gets a paying job in comic books again.

Anyone who defends Didio after this is akin to defending Dahmer. (I went there [Big Grin] )

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

yes, now i am 'crying for justice'.

hmmm too bad i can't unbuy comics ..... and what's with the latest Blackest night? Re: Oan organs all over the place. I don't need to see smurf hearts.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I have yet to see a positive review to this comic.Even if they try to point out something positive that might come from the story, it always ends with a negative review because of the things that were done to characters that should have been left alone.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

rise of arsenal, fall of green arrow .....

woooooop de dooooooooooo!! is there an emoticon for my finger twirling around in the air!?!

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the Atom's interrogation tactics. It showed his state of mind. With his role in BN, he's losing that edge and mellowing out.

Hal's initial reaction, and Ollie's backing him up, were both solid considering what the two have been through.

The Congo Bill/Mikaal team up was interesting, I liked their banter. It reminded me of Mikaal's time in Robinson's Starman.

The destruction of Star City and the death involved is truly upsetting. It's suppose to be tho'. (There was a similar heinous crime in a DC comic not too many years ago that had folks up in arms. There's a reason it's a crime, and these are criminals, and we aren't meant to like them.) I like Roy, and there's no one on this board that's a bigger GA fan. But I'm interested in seeing how both Green and Red Arrow handle this.

The removal of Batwoman, the multitude of artists, Promethues' Rube Goldberg bombing, all were poorly executed and scream of editorial fiat. That's where this book faltered and that will taint the oh so few bright spots.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I am not necessarily opposed to having characters of that type killed in comics. The Walking Dead, Flash, and even Aquaman have done so with characters and made it work. I just think that the character involved made those closest to her more interesting.
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the worst things about this is that if you're a fan of Roy's, some extremely important things have happened to him in a miniseries that isn't about him at all - he's just there to be cannon fodder in someone else's story. Granted, this leads to an Arsenal-centric story, but it always sucks when a character you're invested in gets abused simply for effect.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Although I refuse to buy JLA, I'm still Byrne-stealing it because of Bagley's art.

In the post-Blackest Night/post-Cry For Decent Writing DCU, the JLA book has gone from horrendous to merely mediocre. I wasn't far off the mark when I predicted it would recall the Waid/Hitch era.

But, dammit, I still believe that the Donna Troy-led lineup had potential! And so I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and attempting a JLA fanfic that is the kind of story I imagined Robinson would write, as opposed to the crap he actually has written.

I take full responsibility for any continuity flaws. Continuity is overrated, especially in the DCU.

I took the liberty of dropping Starfire, Atom, and Guardian from the lineup as I felt that Kimiyo, Victor, and Ollie can all bring the same things to the table that they had to offer.

Hope you enjoy it, and, as always, comments would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.