Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Justice League (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Justice League
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
The only one I could do without is Hawkgirl. There's just a lot of other female characters who would have been a better choice, IMHO.

Glad to see Dinah in--I just hope that doesn't mean she has to leave BoP. She's the main reason I buy that book, and if the Big 3 and GL can be in the JLA and their own books, why can't Dinah be in two books?

I've never been much of a fan of archer superheroes, but Roy has lots of history with the DCU, so I'm not too bummed about him being in. Think it's great to see Red Tornado back in action, and it's REALLY great to see Black Lightning's new look. I think it'll be really interesting to see him interact with some of the other guys.

I am just now sure about the female character lineup. I know they each have their own powers, but all four of them are primarily "fighters"...I would have rather seen Zatanna or Starfire.

All in all, a good line up. But I will agree that cover is HIDEOUS. I totally don't get the Michael Turner love.

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Vinson
Libertarian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Vinson   Email Nick Vinson         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay I have to say something nice before I say something Critical.

What the? BLACK LIGHTNING!?!?! [Cool] Finally. Respect. And... Vixen? WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?! [Big Grin]
Dinah Made the cut! Brilliant! Kendra. Fancy.

Okay Im going to say something critical.

Mike Turner draws aweful covers. All the Time. Icky.
Hal "Whitebread" Jordan. Well thats neither good nor bad. But then I'm a Kyle Rayner fella myself.
Roy. Hmmm. This can go either way, but I am willing to love it.

--------------------
-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*meekly* ummm, i like the cover...

And the lineup is HOT!

Can't wait-- Benes draws the hottest superheroes!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Love Black Lightning, hope they do the character justice (pardon the pun). Canary, Tornado, Hawkgirl, yes, hello!!! Roy should prove interesting, a source of friction, maybe. Hal was a mediocre choice. Kyle, or better yet John, would have been more fun, IMHO. Vixen? Never cared for her and don't really see her appeal. (Maybe someone could explain it to me slowly. I catch on quicker that way.)
This grouping is so well-rounded and thought out that the omission of some of my favs seems trivial now. Can wait to see what in store for Reddy and the rest!

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The revised Ed Benes covers are available over at the Comic Bloc forums. There are a number of changes to the original drawing that we saw way back when.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like the book is no longer on the Legion AR list. Not if those are the published versions of the cover.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Those covers make up my dream line-up (sort of). [Smile] Too bad they don't use a Justice League Unlimited approach to the series.

The only ones I want to add are Plastic Man, Aquaman (Arthur Curry), Atom (Ray Palmer), Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Phantom Lady (Sandra Knight), & Nightshade. Yeah, I know some are dead or whatever, but I would have put them in.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Please note the removal of Booster from that lineup......

!@#$!@#%#!@#%!@#%!@%

Seriously though, it's an interesting lineup but the two people I have beefs with are Kendra and Dinah, mainly because I enjoy the team books they are currently in.

And I hope Roy doesn't take the name I suspect he will....sounds lame to me.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
Love Black Lightning, hope they do the character justice (pardon the pun).

I don't think there's anything they can do at this point that will satisfy Tony Isabella, who has already expressed dissatisfaction with the character's look.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Outside of Red Tornado, I'm not really impressed with the lineup. The proof will be in the stories themselves, I guess.

Interesting to note that this isn't the final line-up, if what the Wizard guy said in the thread is accurate.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So here are the changes, if someone pretty please could post a before and after that would be awesome.Onto the changes....

Left to Right, Orginal to Replacement/Change
Animal Man -Batwoman
Fire in coustome - now flame on
Roy 'Arsenal' -Nighwing
Kyle GL - 'Ion'ed Up
Guy Gardner- moved
Garth 'Tempest'-Mr Teriffic
Adam Strange-Hourman
Karate Kid-gone
The Question- Martian Manhunter

Middle
Aquaman - Guy Gardner
Black Lighting- John Stewart
Booster-Big Barda
Red Torando- Flash
Elongated Man-Green Arrow

Front
Green Arrow- Roy 'Red Arrow'?
Flash- Red Torando
John Stewart- Black Lighting

Missing/Gone
Animal Man - say he isn't dead, but what they said in #1 of JLofA, arghhhhh.
Karate Kid
Question
Adam Strange - same as Animal Man
Atom
Elongated Man
Tempest

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
For all the Legion AR completest, there is a mention of a Legion flight ring in this issue when the Big 3 are discussing Red Tornado.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Read through it last night and I enjoyed it. I don't think this is going to end well for Reddy but it's a strong start, IMO.

The only thing that bugged was something that bugged me when this was previewed. The big three don't want anyone else involved putting back the JLA because they broke it. Guys, that arrogant attitude is what broke it....

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting that Power Girl isn't in the image that was posted. And it didn't seem like they were going to vote in Vixen. Maybe the Big3 don't exactly get their way when things shake out?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
RE: Animal Man, we know from Teen Titans that the space heroes haven't made it back yet, OYL, so it seems like there's still hope for him.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.