Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Justice League (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Justice League
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm... in the above image, Roy's belt buckle doesn't appear to be an "R" like it was on the cover to #1... it kinda looks more like a "G"...?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn...I was hoping Roller Girl of Boogie Nights would make the lineup. Man, DC has no imagination....

[Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, but which Red Tornado is that? The new human version or the rebooted robot? Interesting possiblities sub-plot wise.
Looks like I'm onboard foe a while with this new book.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm i miss my android red tornado.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Well, there's always the Red Inferno (as mentioned in "52"). Considering we already have Dr. Impossible, it'd be interesting if Reddy's "evil twin" were also in on this.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I like where this is going, but the story itself doesn't seem to be as "big" as this over-hyped relaunch would indicate. I know Meltzer wants to emphasize the personal here, but the mystery around the threat doesn't allow for us to feel that what's happening is all that important and requires a new JLA to deal with.

I like the Canary/Lantern/Arsenal trio. They've known each other a very long time and it shows, but they've mostly been seen in how they relate to Green Arrow, so seeing them without Ollie is a nice change.

the Big3 sit in the cave some more, not doing much of anything other than coming off as pompous. We have Arsenal contradicting Wonder Woman about how good it would be to have Green Arrow, and all this other drama is unfolding while they just deliberate -- I can't tell if Meltzer wants to use them as building towards a climactic formation of the group or if he's really intending for them to come off as insular and a bit full of themselves.

[ September 29, 2006, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
meanwhile i get way more android red tornados than i could have hoped for. maybe i should watch what i wish for.. [Wink]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
the Big3 sit in the cave some more, not doing much of anything other than coming off as pompous. We have Arsenal contradicting Wonder Woman about how good it would be to have Green Arrow, and all this other drama is unfolding while they just deliberate -- I can't tell if Meltzer wants to use them as building towards a climactic formation of the group or if he's really intending for them to come off as insular and a bit full of themselves.

I have to say that this is my harshest criticism of the whole series so far. We have been told that these three are back to being fast friends and that they have gotten 'over themselves'. But here we see them debating about peoples worth as if they were nothing more than tools to use and then stabbing one another behind their backs as if they were in Jr. High all over again. And the bit about handing Booster suit out to someone they deemed worthy was just wrong.

I like the Canary/Arsenal/GL team up but I didn't need JLA for this. I'd rather have Canary in BoP.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

For me it was worth the price of admission to see Hal take out the Tornadoes.

I really hope things pick up next month though -- at least get the Big3 off their duffs and out of the cave already!

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Meltzer's clearly taking his time putting the Big 3 into action, likely so the other members can get some spotlight time beforehand. It's a good idea, but I hope we see the whole team together fairly soon.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

The tone so far has been fairly personal in nature, but with the one-two punch of what looks like Amazo and Starro (and god knows who else), it looks like some earth shattering *JLA* action is in the future (at least I hope so).
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really enjoying this book so far. I'm hoping they keep "The Big 3" out of action and more in mentoring roles. They've had their time..

Let Vixen, Arsenal, Reddy and the others shine!

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

While I enjoy the fact that the plot seems to be advancing without the Big3, I would prefer to see the team act as a *team* once they all get together. I think seeing the others fight alongside the Big Guns is what will make them look good. I doubt Meltzer will sideline Arsenal or Vixen once they're in the mix.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I would like Justice League to get beyond the whole Big Three picking who should be in the League.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So, is Roy calling himself Arsenal here? Does he wear the costume Turner draws on the cover, or his outfit from The Outsiders?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.