Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Justice League (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Justice League
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I read the interview and liked what Brad said. He set up everything to come together nicely to form a team and told a good story with good character work. Been waiting for a JLA story like this for a LOOONG time.

Grant Morrisson brought back the big 7 but never really did any character work it was all plot. Sure it was fun and great but I needed more superhero soap opera aka character work. [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm kinda curious to see what they end up with for a headquarters. I'm guessing something Earth-bound, but we'll see.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I'm kinda curious to see what they end up with for a headquarters. I'm guessing something Earth-bound, but we'll see.

Yeah me too. I think earthbound as well since they were just on the moon. But the satellite wouldn't suprise me. Or the Hall of Justice. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The geek in me is hoping for the Hall of Justice, but the nostalgic fan in me would like to see the satellite rebuilt. I can do without the cave or watchtower.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
How about a floating Hall of Justice that can transport them whereever?

Or its a tessaract that the leaguers can access from anywhere. A virtual headquarters.

[Wink]

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see a mansion on 5th Avenue, paid for by Bruce Wayne. With a butler. .)

Like many, I found the whole Grundy/Ivo/Amazo/Tornado thing too confusing. I did, however, love the arc that RT goes through. Now that we know it was sort of a joke, I like the idea of the big 3 sitting on their tushes in the Batcave, oblivious to what's really going on.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I am with Spellbinder. I'm a satellite fan but I would just geek out for the HOJ. [Smile]

DC, I found it a tad confusing and the JLA Classified story arc coming up about the Son of Amazo is going to confuse me more I think.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
There are going to be some very happy nostalgic geeks around here I suspect! [Wink]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
from brad meltzer's blog:
quote:
Wish this weren't so, but just found out there's a misplaced page in JLA 7. Thanks to an extra ad, Page 30, for some reason, runs before page 26. It oddly still somehow reads okay (kinda), but for the optimum reading experience, there's how it should go. (The whole Star City scene should read together). Sorry for that one.

B

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinbalion
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinbalion   Email thinbalion         Edit/Delete Post     
This may be of interest to us Legion fans, on the last page we find out that Trident is really...

Click Here For A SpoilerVal Armorr... in other words Karate Kid, which raises all kinds of questions. Is this pre-crisis Karate Kis like the other Legionnaires showing up, or the new one who has been shown in the Countdown promos. Not to mention how come he's a villain... Either way this leads us into the Lightning saga.

--- NVM, just noticed this was already up in the Recent Sightings thread up in the Legion section...

[ April 04, 2007, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: thinbalion ]

--------------------
Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.

From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
How about a floating Hall of Justice that can transport them whereever?

Or its a tessaract that the leaguers can access from anywhere. A virtual headquarters.

[Wink]

That second one is the HQ for the new Freedom Fighters. There's a real boom in the Super-hero HQ real estate market these days. I bet you the DCU and Marvel Universe mortgage brokers are having a field day.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
[I bet you the DCU and Marvel Universe mortgage brokers are having a field day.

Well since Marvel is so closely based in reality with all the subprime business and WW Hulk coming up I heard prices have dropped sharply. [Smile]

Stark is behind it all. He wanted to buy a new tower. [Wink] Read about it in Front Line.

Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you wndola1 for posting that note. I was reading the story (LOVED it, btw) and stumbled over that page trying to figure out where it goes. Gotta go reread now ;-)
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Those of you thrilled with this issue might note the groovy cover was designed by our very own Eric Wight!

Check out his interview on the cover at Newsaram!

Then check out My Dead Girlfriend! You'll love it!

[ April 04, 2007, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by thinbalion:
This may be of interest to us Legion fans, on the last page we find out that Trident is really...

The real question is who is Trident?

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.