Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Justice League (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Justice League
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The real cover of JLA 8 from Brad Meltzer's Blog.

Click Here For A Spoiler  -

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Based on that picture, KK must also be preboot, like Star Boy. Previous teasers for Val have shown him in the current uniform.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
According to Tony Bedard:

quote:

The JSA/JLA stuff won't impact on my LEGION issues, but it will echo elsewhere in a very high-profile way. (sorry to be so vague, but I'm never sure what cards DC wants to keep close to their vest)

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
In a very high-profile way? Will I think the PC Legion is returning. (Hopefully with Geoff Johns who already seems to know what the heck he is doing with the Legion though he writes the JSA)

The way Geoff handled the Titans and JSA I just knew he would do this Legion.

You know how many people have said they would love to work on the Legion but the real Legion? Jim Lee and George Perez for two.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
PLEASE! Geoff Johns on Legion (pre-Crisis or Otherwise) would be a dream come true! Match it with the high profile artists you mentioned and I'll buy dozens of copies a month (well, more than one...how's that?).
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Why is KK's neck so thin? He looks like a bobble-head...

ok, so really -- when's pre-boot WILDFIRE gonna show up? Cuz you know they're doing all this just to bring him back!! [Wildfire]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
I finnally cracked my non-comics coworker. She's been walking to the Comic shop with me for months and this week decided to buy some. One of the ones she picked up was JLA 6 because I showed her the scenes with Vixen. It was really interesting to see her view point as someone without any emotional attatchments to the characters. My husband was appaulaed at how poor Tornado suffered, I admired his courage and willpower, but my friend just went on about how cool it was when he snapped Grundy in half. I was also surprised at how much of the story she was able to grasp with pretty much no knowledge of the DCU and jumping in in the middle of the arc.

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Anyone catch the JLA origin in "52"? Looks like they finally came to a meeting place between the original origin with Wonder Woman and the post-Crisis "Year One" origin with Black Canary -- they were *both* founders! the "core team" was the team in the Y1 mini, with the Big3 being there for the formation, but were part-timers until later.

Personally, I'm very comfortable with that.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I just finished reading JLA #11. I'm stunned. It is the most powerful comic book reading experience I've had in years. Sorry Meltzer critics. You no longer have a leg to stand on.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Oh god! MY LEGS!!!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
It was a very good issue.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Jerry, I've been loving the JLA and can't wait to read this!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Oh god! MY LEGS!!!

I'm sure we can find you some legs from an old Red Tornado body, Drake.

Jorge, I think you'll like it.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't doubt Meltzer's ability to craft an emotional plot and even good dialogue within that plot.

I have a serious question about his pacing and action scenes. This was a nice issue though.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Just read it and it was nice. I actually felt I was stuck in there and couldn't breathe. [Smile]

Interesting tidbit about Vixen's powers, btw.

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.