Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Justice League (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Justice League
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It's been hinted McDuffie is going to swap Hal for John, and future cover solicts back that up. But I think it's been confirmed KK won't be a Leaguer.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, I HATE that Hal's not going to be in the Injustice League storyline! Chalk it down to being an irrational Hal-fan, but I'm actually thinking of dropping the title.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm looking forward to McDuffie and no more Meltzer. At the end of the day, there's just too much I hate about Meltzer's writing that outweighs the good. I really hate his dynamic between the heroes.

Hate the Roy/Kendra pairing. Its so fan-fiction it hurts.

I think the League has a great line-up right now, but we've yet to have a good story with them. If that doesn't change soon, more than likely this line-up will be looked on as very poor.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, you've summed up everything that I cannot stand about the new series. If it wasn't for the Lightning Saga and the revelation that McDuffie is coming on board, I would have dropped this after Tornado's Path.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so no one has posted sine # 13 came out? What do you think?

I'm having a bit of a hard time looking at this "new" Injustice League. What makes it different than the Society that has been so active during Infinaite Crisis and beyond?

I'm really liking the interaction between some of the characters, ala Vixen and Superman. I'm still not comfortable with where Black Canary is headed. It seems like we've gotten a lot of mixed messages with all the attention on her wedding.

I love the line up and want to see some fun things done with them. Done properly, it can be one of the best line-ups ever!

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
What's with McDuffie shoe-horning in a possible relationship between John Stewart and Hawkgirl? Meltzer just spent 12 issues setting her up with Red Arrow and now he's trying to recreate the JLU here? This is the comic, not the cartooon. Hawkgirl is just going to come off as a plaything being passed around the team if he tries forcing this on us.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The thing is...is this the same Hawkgirl. In the last issue of her series it seems Shiera Sanders' soul left Kendra's body.

Kendra is a bit more wild than Shiera. But I agree not a fan of remaking the cartoon. John Stewart and Vixen on the other hand? I like. Hawkgirl is just too complicated.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Meltzer I liked and McDuffie I like as well.

Cobie, Roy/Kendra is totally in character. We have two young hotdog characters? I see it as just natural.

John Stewart/Hawkgirl on the other hand? Yeah that doesn't make much sense.

Anyways, I liked the latest issue BUT have some issues.

Batman, Red Arrow, Wonder Woman have been kidnapped. BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN?! Black Canary turns down help from Green Arrow? What? It wasn't like it was Robin and Wonder Girl that got kidnapped. I would be calling in the reserves! I mean maybe not too many but atleats 4 or 5 others to help. But watching BC turn down GA's help? Not sure about that Mr. McDuffie!!!

Still loved the issue.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I'm very critical concerning Meltzers writing, so his leaving kept ME from leaving the book - again - for the while being. Meltzers writing often leaves me confused, feeling that I missed something that I didn't. So I left the current JLA book after three issues and only came back for - what else - the Lightning Saga. Which was - especially the JLA issues - confusing AGAIN.

#13 I liked though. It was a streamlined Superhero story where you could actually tell where everybody was at which time all issue long. Kind of relaxing feeling after so much convoluted stuff going on in the DCU. I am eager to see how they will get the heroes out of this situation, and I like the current lineup.

Still think that JSA is better written, but McDuffie is off to a good start, I'll wait and read and see.

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Gotta say, McDuffie just isn't doing it for me either. This Injustice League storyline isn't my cup of tea, and its mainly from a writing standpoint that I'm feeling that way.

Superman feels completely out of character to the point where's its distracting as all hell.

I *want* to love this JLA. I really do. But I'm having a tough time doing so. Maybe its because JSA is just so much better.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
And as McDuffie's first arc comes to an end, one word seems to sum up the last issue: anti-climactic. Sure, there were things I liked (mostly, I will admit, relating to characterization) but overall, I found it to be rather disappointing.

But, hey-- maybe things will pick up when my boy Wally joins up. (Probably not.)

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yeah, I hope. I've yet to see a decent story with this JLA line-up. Its one of those things...the line-up could be all awesome and stuff, but if we're not getting good stories, I'll always remember it as suck-ville.
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad to see this thread and totally want to jump in and agree with Caliente. The whole Legion of Doom set-up could have been a long-lasting, far-reaching thing. The way it ended was so abrupt I had to wonder if I missed an issue.

Nothing much seemed to come of this except yet another Leaguer and an end to a cool villain set-up. Although I'm a Legion fan and liked the largescale JLU concept (and the 14 member JLA Morrison roster), I have to say I'm not digging the growing roster of this League. I'd be more behind it if, like Cobie, I felt they had really made a name for themself already. A lot of members don't seem like they've done much. I was 100% behind this team when I heard about it, and while I still like this book my interest is dwindling.

I'm a big Wally fan too, Cal, and I thought he was already part of the team. It sure doesn't feel like it though and this may contribute to me feeling the roster is getting too big.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I agree and wasn't impressed. It all seemed a bit generic for some reason. Like a Super Powers comic that came with the toy.

I'm a big fan of McDuffie and am waiting for more. Eh, the Firestorm I don't like joined.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The funny thing is the current JLA is causing me to *lose* interest in Vixen, Roy and Geo-Force, when I had thought it would do the opposite. I generally like all three characters and have for years, while they've never been my favorites. The current JLA (since #1) hasn't helped their cause for me.

I like the idea of John and Hal switching on and off in the League every few storylines. That could be fun and give both characters a way to interact with the League.

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.