Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Justice League (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Justice League
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
[I bet you the DCU and Marvel Universe mortgage brokers are having a field day.

Well since Marvel is so closely based in reality with all the subprime business and WW Hulk coming up I heard prices have dropped sharply. [Smile]

Stark is behind it all. He wanted to buy a new tower. [Wink] Read about it in Front Line.

Subprime to the Justice League is okay. When the Defenders, Great Lake Avengers and Doom Patrol got the same deal the financiers got into trouble.

I really liked the new HQ. Sort of combines the geekery the twin 70s fetishes of the satellite and the Superfriends. I don't even have trouble with Washington DC as HQ for the world's defenders as long as its clear that there are superteams based in other countries as well.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Tamper. I like the Hall, and the satellite is pretty cool. Its so huge, are they going to do an Unlimted thing where all the heroes are members?
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
good issue, and i liked the introduction of the HALL !! but when did the JSA and ALL STAR SQUADRON have HQ's in Washington !!?? as far as i remember, they were both based in New York !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
The All-Star Squadron was based in New York (the World's Fairgrounds, to be precise).
The Justice Society moved to New York relatively recently; for most of their history, their HQ was in Gotham City. However, during World War 2 the JSA was known for a time as the "Justice Battalion", and operated out of Washington, DC.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i like the hall but not the weird portals to a space hq. one or the other. they should just have the hall as an office or something.

Click Here For A Spoileri want geo force on the team soon. love the additions of speedy, vixen, hawkgirl, and black lightning. want zatanna on the team though. blck canary as leader. love her but i dont know

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Geo-Force is a red herring and the new member will be Karate Kid after all!! (maybe...)

I like the Hall of Justice, but am I the only one bothered by the fact that it's not even? There are noticably more columns on one side of the central arch. Maybe I'm just nitpicky...

And while the satellite is cool, the whole "Bruce Wayne paid for it" excuse doesn't fly for me - lookit how big it is! And I hope they explain why the government doesn't mind (or notice). The "kitchen" should hopefully provide a lot of good character moments betwen members (it worked for that other team...)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved this issue. This is a perfect superhero comic for me. I always love the inbetween the fighting issue. The interaction was spot on. Loved the art.

Loved the art, the Hall, the satellite, etc. (i do see both as a bit strange and don't care for the slideways stuff but ohwell).

Red Arrow? Crimson Arrow sound better? It doesn't matter. Like to Geo-Force involved. Wouldn't mind a few more to join but I love this lineup! Meltzer has impressed me. Maybe Marvel can steal him to write the Real Avengers.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Interesting that the big team-up will have Black Canary and Power Girl as leaders. And I wonder who Vixen was talking to on the phone?

I thought it was funny that it was the Hal group that beat The Big3 to the chase about deciding the lineup. It makes sense though since Hal's been portrayed as a more impetuous man of action whereas Bats is the deliberator/planner.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the new line-up and Dinah's new status. I hope the other former Titans (esp. Nightwing, Tempest, and Donna) will form the nucleus of the reserves, if there's going to be one.

I'm curious about Geo-Force. I always have been drawn to him without knowing all that much about him. Will he join officially? Or will his new powers and his journey learning about them be a sort of test case for the new League's process in dealing with other super-heroes?

The Hall of Justice is another cartoon/movie/TV show element working its way into the DCU proper, joining things like the WW spin, teen-age Raven, Changeling-turned-back-into-Beast Boy...

I wonder how planned that is? On the editorial level, I mean.

I liked reading Brad's thinking about the HQ. His comments made me appreciate the linkage more. It's an impressive visual... but, for me, it doesn't yet immediately evoke 'Justice League' the way Titans Tower does the Teen Titans or the way either the upside-down spaceship or the orange futuristic complex with the big ol' L on it does the LSH.

Maybe it will someday.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Regarding Starro: So are they saying that the Starro we've been seeing is only the "herald" for another "host" organism? Something even bigger?

Another interesting thing Meltzer is doing here is bringing together not just the JLA with the JSA and the LSH for the next arc, there are other influences coming in to make the whole DC heroic family seem tighter. Several of the team members were Outsiders, Geo-Force's storyline directly relates to the Teen Titans. Karate Kid shows up as a Titans villain, there's the nod to Niles Caulder of Doom Patrol (more an inside joke about the Danger Room, but still...) etc.

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I like the Hall of Justice, but am I the only one bothered by the fact that it's not even? There are noticably more columns on one side of the central arch. Maybe I'm just nitpicky...

Yeah, the Hall seemed a little architecturally off to me as well. Still kinda like it, though.

I like the concept, but the whole thing still seems kinda... big. I mean, I'm assuming that there is more to the satellite than just a training room, cuz it's kinda huge. Maybe too huge. I dunno. I would have been just as happy with rebuilding the original satellite, rather than kinda copying the Unlimited headquarters.

Still kinda cool though.

Hmmm... kinda abusing the word "kinda" in this post. I should kinda watch that [Wink]

Oh, and maybe it's just me, but I would have preferred that Roy keep the Arsenal name. I've never been on board with forcing the former sidekicks (who have grown up and taken on their own identities) to revert back into homages to their former mentors. I suppose Aqua-Mage, Wonder Twentysomething and Batwing are just around the corner...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
[QUOTE]
Oh, and maybe it's just me, but I would have preferred that Roy keep the Arsenal name. I've never been on board with forcing the former sidekicks (who have grown up and taken on their own identities) to revert back into homages to their former mentors. I suppose Aqua-Mage, Wonder Twentysomething and Batwing are just around the corner...

I agree. Red Arrow doesn't have a ring to it. It's aight but I liked Arsenal as well. Don't mind the costume just the name. It's not a biggie though.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Can we call Roy "Reddy" as well now?

Red Arrow
Red Tornado
Black Canary
Black Lightning
Green Lantern

Is this the JLA or the rainbow coalition?

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:

Another interesting thing Meltzer is doing here is bringing together not just the JLA with the JSA and the LSH for the next arc, there are other influences coming in to make the whole DC heroic family seem tighter. Several of the team members were Outsiders, Geo-Force's storyline directly relates to the Teen Titans. Karate Kid shows up as a Titans villain, there's the nod to Niles Caulder of Doom Patrol (more an inside joke about the Danger Room, but still...) etc.

Wow, nice catch. It's got to be more than coincidence. Reddy also ties the team in to Primal Force.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

It could also be that Meltzer is just using JLA as his way to play with the DCU in general. Either way, it's nice that he's not just sticking to the traditional JLA sandbox.

Even though I like the idea of Canary as the leader, Meltzer was obviously trying to misdirect the reader into thinking Vixen was talking about Wonder Woman. The more I think about it though, the more I think I would rather it actually was her.

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.