Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Justice League (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Justice League
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Just suppose... the alternate Earth is really EARTH-1, and all the "flash-forwards" are what's been going on over there in the last 20 YEARS?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The cover to #1's out -- click to find out who made the lineup!!

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33184

[I've edited the title of the thread to reflect its status as the "Justice League" thread rather than just for the zero issue]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I really didn't have high hopes for the line-up, but I love it! One of them I could do w/o, but one I have been clamoring for for a long time! Thanks, Drake. I'd kiss you if you had lips.

[Color Kid]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think this is a kick-ass line-up. Not how I would have picked it, but something to still get excited about.

Very glad to see Hal, Dinah, Red Tornado involved. Hawkgirl deserves to be there, and Black Lightning has always been 'just on the fringe' of the greats, so this is cool. Vixen isn't as much a surprise as she could have been a few months ago, but is probably the most welcome addition. Her inclusion gives it a real 'respect all eras of the JLA' feel to it.

Roy is probably the last Titan I thought would ever make it. Interested in where that goes (I love Ollie in the JLA).

Wouldn't be surprised is the line-up was changed by issue #7.

Now I'm looking for bold new stories pulling the League into the future. I need it to be exciting again.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if this is enough to get me to start buying JLA (I don't on principal--for the same reason I don't read any Superman or Batman titles--I feel DC's second string deserves more support), but I'm glad to see Dinah and Kendra on the roster, so that there is a solid JSA connection.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Not excited about Roy, but looking forward to Dinah, Vixen, Tornado and Hawkgirl. And Black Lightning should be fun [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
If they were going to add one Titan I'm surprised it wasn't Tempest (unless he's dead currently) simply because he hearkens back to Aquaman while actually having soem useful powers. Although I suppose Zatanna duplicates the magic powers and is generally more powerful than he is in that respect, so...

ot a bad line up at all. If Dinah is leaving BoP permanently because of JLA (which seems likely) I'll be miffed. Same for Kendra with the JSA, but they both deserve a place in the JLA.

Unfortunately since IC was such an pile of unmitigated pish I shan't be getting JLA until at least Meltzer has gotten the boot. No matter how much I like that line-up (and it has a lot of characters that are either favourites or I'm interested in) the writers track record has been so appaling that I don't even want to give it a look.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure what I think of this line up. I'm not a huge Black Lightning fan, but at the same time I don't dislike him. I would have preferred Conner over Roy, but at least Hal is better than Guy. Vixen will depend on how she's written (I loved her in Justice League Unlimited, but didn't care for her in the Detroit JL). I wish Zatanna had made the cut, but at least Black Canary is there. It does seem weird to not have a Flash or Aquaman Family member there, though.

What's going to make or break this series for me is going to be the writer. If he just moves forward with new stories, then fine. However, I don't want to see more Identity Crisis stuff. No more retconned rapes and mindwipes and mutilations. Hopefully the shiny happy DCU will avoid stuff like that. We'll see.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and I should say that's possibly one of the most hideous covers I've seen from Turner. Wondy and Vixen especially look... well, deformed. Wondy's face is horrible. I'll be interested to see what the other version of the cover looks like.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so Bevis. Doesn't Vixen have thumbs anymore? And Hawkgirl's wings: where exactly are they attached? And Superman's shoulder is about as big as his head. This is what makes a #1 cover? I just want to buy the League one of those big 6 ft party sub sandwiches.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
Oh, and I should say that's possibly one of the most hideous covers I've seen from Turner. Wondy and Vixen especially look... well, deformed. Wondy's face is horrible. I'll be interested to see what the other version of the cover looks like.

There's actually three covers Bevis. This one (Turner) is the 1 in 10 limited edition cover. The other two are each 45% of the total amount shipped. They are the two halves of the Ed Benes group shot thaat's been floating around since he was announced as the artist for JLofA.

I'm not much of a Turner fan either so I'll be getting one or maybe both of the Benes covers. Curse them for not doing a nice gatefold of that group shot. DC marketing has their hand in my wallet and is counting out an additional 4$.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Woo thats an ugly cover

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
There's actually three covers Bevis. This one (Turner) is the 1 in 10 limited edition cover. The other two are each 45% of the total amount shipped. They are the two halves of the Ed Benes group shot thaat's been floating around since he was announced as the artist for JLofA.

Whew! I'll be very happy not to waste my money on that crappy cover.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately his covers become the "standard" edition with number 2. So you'll have to shell out the bucks to avoid them starting next month. [tease]
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW! I LOVE that line-up! (Well, nearly.)

Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman were givens so no surprises at their inclusion.

Nice to see Hal Jordan's star continue to shine at DC and something does just feel "right" about having him there, but part of me would've liked to see John make the cut instead. He needs more exposure. Still, looking forward to reading some more Hal.

Vixen, Black Lightning, Black Canary, Red Tornado and Roy Harper (as Red Arrow)?

OH MY GOD! YES!

They are all members of my ULTIMATE League! LOVE 'em all! Cannot wait to see their interactions!

The only member I'm not happy with is Hawkgirl. I was a BIG fan of the pre-Crisis JLA member Shayera Hol/Shiera Hall and really hate the way she has been given the shaft at every turn since the whole Hawk mess began. And I'm afraid Kendra is just no substitute. She bored me to tears in JSA but I could at least handle her there. I really, really, REALLY don't think she deserves to be in the JLA though so unless Meltzer works some magic on her (like say, killing off the Kendra side of her identity and bringing out the Shiera Hall side that's meant to be lying dormant in her more, and dying her hair red) then I'm always gonna be of the opinion that this was ALMOST the perfect line-up.

Still, almost aint bad!

I know some people on here don't like Meltzer but I thought Identity Crisis was one of the best comic stories I've read in the last few years (though it did have a bit of a let-down ending). And his Archers Quest in Green Arrow was phenomenally good. I have no doubt that his JLA is going to be one we'll be talking about for a very long time.

SOOOOOooo looking forward to Wednesday!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.