Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
My thought is they will possibly intro Tyreese as being the one who finds Sophia and brings her back, which would then lead to the bond with Carol (because there's not that much time to have them get together if he doesn't show up soon).

I like this scenario.

Lardy, I have read Michonne is a definite at some point (Kirkman wasn't sure if she would fit in this season in time, but def. next) but don't think I have heard about Tyreese.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I kinda hope they don't kill of T-Dog. Because if Tyreese then comes along, it'll seem like they're bringing in a token to replace him. I don't like T-Dog's chances, though, even if he survives this infection. He's still a "guest" or "also starring" in the credits. Pretty sure they didn't kill anyone who was in the main credit sequence last year. I think the character has potential. He probably had his best scenes this week.

Lash, I don't think Tyreese was ever promised, but during the first season, Kirkman said he could certainly pop up later. If he does, I hope he sticks around past his time, like Shane.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
It's interesting to me that we haven't met Tyrese and co in the show yet. We had already met them before they got to the farm in the book hadn't we? I wonder if T-Dog will become him?

I forget... have we heard T-Dog's real name yet? Because, if my mother had named me Tyreese, I would probably be going by a nickname instead.
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
CGI that stump! [Wink]

That's the wussy way out!! Chop it off with a blunt hatchet or forget it!
Oh, and did anyone notice that Carl's wound is much more severe than the (first) one he recieved in the comic?

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Sophia.

I was completely expecting this second episode to end with Carol and Dale and co. to turn around and see a zombified Sophia just shuffling up to them and then bam! credits!

She's been gone long enough to have been bitten and infected and turned and it might have been a way for the writers to show the viewers who've read the comics "You think you know which characters are safe? Guess again!" It's not like her loss would have affected any of the future plots anyway. And it might give Carol a more believable reason to do what she later does (since I don't think the comic reason will work in the show).

Who knows? It might still happen. Though I think Dave's guess re: Tyreese is a good one.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
As a sidebar, the History Channel is airing a special tonight called "Zombies: A Living History", from 8-10e. I'll probably check it out in between washloads... [shrug]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Season 3 is a go officially!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by NoLongerLegion:
]I forget... have we heard T-Dog's real name yet? Because, if my mother had named me Tyreese, I would probably be going by a nickname instead.

T-Dog is NOT Tyreese. I read an article recently that mentioned his actual name--I think it was Theodore?--but definitely not Tyreese.
quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
Season 3 is a go officially!

Saw that! YAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by NoLongerLegion:
]I forget... have we heard T-Dog's real name yet? Because, if my mother had named me Tyreese, I would probably be going by a nickname instead.

T-Dog is NOT Tyreese. I read an article recently that mentioned his actual name--I think it was Theodore?--but definitely not Tyreese.
But has it been said on the show? Because if not, then it is still a possibility. Heck, even if it HAS been, it wouldn't be the first time a small detail like that was overlooked because a writerr changed their mind as to the direction they want to go. Not saying this is the case... just that you never know.
Personnally, I am kind of surprised that they didn't strongly hint from the beginning that T-Dog was Tyreese, then kill him off in some shocking fassion just before introducing the actual Tyreese.
And like Blacula above, I was really expecting a Sophia zombie to show up at the end to prove that the TV series can do what ever it wants and not just parrot the comic. Of course, a Carl Zombie at the end of the next episode would do this even better! [Evil]

[ October 27, 2011, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: NoLongerLegion ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Carl's age is going to be an issue, sooner rather than later I bet. This episodes are taking place over a period of days yet there was almost 1 year between the airing of Season 1 and 2. That's gonna catch up to them really quickly.

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Carl's age is going to be an issue, sooner rather than later I bet. This episodes are taking place over a period of days yet there was almost 1 year between the airing of Season 1 and 2. That's gonna catch up to them really quickly.

The dreaded "Taller Walt" effect!
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
T-Dog's officially been shown to be "Theodore" on the show but that doesn't really prove or disprove anything...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
T-Dog's officially been shown to be "Theodore" on the show but that doesn't really prove or disprove anything...

LOL! But it makes it less likely. Having his middle name turn out to be Tyreese would push credibility just a bit. And, while I pointed out that it isn't unheard of... ignoring the established 'Theodore' and retconning it would likely anoy those that caught the 'Theodore' moniker in the first place. So, he probably is not going to turn out to be 'Tyreese'.
gone
gone

quote:

Killing the character off now would take care of that! [Wink]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

That's what I am wondering... I won't be surprised if li'l Carl bites it sometime next season or when/if he hits a major growth spurt...

--------------------

This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.