Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
FANTASTIC episode, with one really unforgettable zombie moment!

Carl + hat = adorablesauce.

Darryl + Carol? I wouldn't mind it! I am secure enough in my manliness to admit their scene together made me tear up! *pounds chest manly-like*

Maggie + Glen = HAWT!

I like Hesrchel and Rick... I like that Herschel is NO-NONSENSE.

Scenes for next week showed Merle. Bleah. Leave my now-precious and sweet Darryl alone, you one-handed jackass!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Carl with the hat FTW!

Such awesome zombie goodness this week...soggy...

Maggie and Glen - happy that that part of the book.

CAnnot wait until the you know what opens up.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just read on Ew.com that, after 3 weeks there will apparently be a 3 month break before episodes resume.

THE GOOD: I kinda wish TRUE BLOOD did this too... the tormenting 9 month wait between seasons is terrible to sit through.

THE BAD: Waiting the 3 months [Smile] Plus the potential to kill momentum for the casual, less-dedicated viewers. Also, the more than likely breaking up of DVD seasons into parts 1 and 2, which I view as a big money-grab. [Frown]

Overall I guess this is okay... I certainly will be glad not to wait 9 to 11 months for Season 3.

but I am AGAINST buying separate DVD sets for 1 season of a 13 episode show...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Where was that? I did not see it in his weekly summary Q&A...unless I somehow skipped it...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Worst episode since the CDC. The plot ground to a halt, and the paltry character development didn't make up for it. This entire episode could have been effectively told in 20 minutes and then we could have moved on. Why tease prominent shots of Click Here For A Spoilerthe barn, if you aren't even going to use it in the cliffhanger?

Click Here For A SpoilerEven my wife, who I never told about the books said "so who's dead in the barn then"?

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dev, it is mentioned on the 3rd page of the EW recap (where they are more inclined with Dave's way of thinking about the episode, BTW):

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/walking-dead-recap-pregnant-episode-4/3/

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So if my math is accurate, once Season 2 is totally complete, it will be only a 5 month wait for Season 3 assuming it begins in October 2012...

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved this episode... zombie in the well... so gross... loved the hookup between Glenn and Maggie... "I'll have sex with you. It's not like our options are vast these days"... it's the end of the world, so why shouldn't the nerdy pizza delivery guy be getting some... I know lots of people are complaining about how slow the show is moving, but I love the pace... tension can be a really difficult thing to create, but this show does it expertly... so glad I finally relented and started watching...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Normally, I'd agree that the pace of the show helps build drama and tension. But this last episode just killed the momentum.

I get the impression that the Merle we saw in the sneak peek is a dream or hallucination or something of Darryl's. Darryl realizes he's getting soft so he dreams of big brother telling him to man up.

I like the idea of carol and Darryl as a couple. But we all know where Carol's weak, needy personality leads her... There's sadly no place for her in a world like this. Darryl and Andrea might work better. Anyone else hoping we *don't* see Andrea and Dale hook up?

My prediction for Sophia? She found another, not so good group of survivors (or is found by them) and quickly becomes brainwashed as, sadly, any child would in those circumstances.

Speaking of Sophia, her mother seems to be taking it a little too well. If my child were lost in zombie infested country I'd be batshit insane or out there looking for her. Probably both.

Anyway, still love this show but they gotta pick up the pace.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was a terrific episode, personally. I didn't feel the character development was at all "paltry"! And wasn't the well zombie sequence absolutely hilarious as well as gross? [LOL]

This episode mirrored the comic's tendency to balance action out with downtime, but I loved every bit of it.

Hope we're closer to Andrea becoming a crackshot. I think they're building to it so that it becomes an outlet for her to refocus and have a purpose in life again.

Another funny moment for me was them showing Lori taking her pregnancy test! Sorry, but seeing her squat and hearing her do her business was kinda silly. A flash to her looking at it would have sufficed! [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

One of my biggest complaints about this lame missing Sophia storyline is Carol's reactions, or more correctly NON-reactions. I have tried to somewhat temper my complaints by telling myself, "old rules no longer apply"... but I still think Carol would either be crying all the time not just shedding a tear or two here and there, and I definitely think she would have insisted on staying where Sophia disappeared.

EVERYONE on EW.com is bitching about the missing Sophia storyline... this is KILLING the show for many and they need to bring this to a conclusion quickly.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I never would have thought it would still be unresolved, and Carol's reactions ARE underwhelmed. But pretty much everything else is going fine. I thought Andrea, for example, is moving to a better place.

LOVED the Carl/hat scene! Hopefully, it'll be on his head from now on!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone else watch the webisodes? I thought it rocked!

Showing the TWD world in the very early stages of the zombie takeover almost seems sacreligous, but it worked without breaking any of kirkman's rules.

Lots of cool zombie moments. What happens when a dead body reanimates while someone is trying to give her CPR? Exactly what you'd think would happen.

And we saw how that torn in half zombie woman Rick first saw in the pilot died. So sad. We forget all those random undead have stories too. I hope we get webisodes showing how more of the more prominent zombies we've seen wound up dead. Well-zombie? That guy who hung himself in the woods?

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

GASP!!! MUST GO WATCH!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

THIS IS TOTALLY TITS! These should totes be added to the DVD collections... how many are there...?? gasp gasp gasp!!!! 1 down, more to go...

--------------------

This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.