Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I've just watched episodes 3-5 (I think episode 6 is just about to air over there in America so I'm a week behind) and I am *LOVING* this season.

I TOTALLY disagree with all those who say this season has been "slow" or that this Sophia sub-plot is "dragging" or whatever. I think the pacing is perfect. That's probably the difference between watching this show week-to-week and watching it all in one hit though. The tension stays up and the story breezes by when you watch it the latter way.

LOVE:

* The zombie in the well! OMG! That was hilarious and gross!
* T-Dog and Daryl! I want them to outlive the main characters now!
* Andrea is showing signs of the comic character I know and love at last.
* I also really like Maggie in the show which surprises me because, like someone else said upthread, in the book she's one of the most "eh" characters for me.
* This Sophia storyline. I may be the only one, but I'm into it. It probably is time it wound down though. Personally, I'd be really happy if we just never find out what happened to her. It would be a totally realistic conclusion. People disappear all the time in the real world. Imagine how many would do so after a zombie apocalypse!

DON'T LOVE:

* What Shane did to Otis. I know that they have to make the audience hate him so that we can forgive you-know-who for you-know-what later on, but I love this character dammit and I don't want them mucking that up! I feel like that whole scene could have been handled a lot better too. a) because it was pretty obvious what was going to happen about half way through the episode and b) because there was really no reason for Shane to shoot him when he did; the zombies should have been a lot closer for it to look like Shane's decision was necessary.
* Dream-Merle. I think 'LOST' is the only show to ever do dream-characters right. I guess he wasn't too bad though. And his re-appearance and reminder to the audience does have me wondering if they are indeed going to go down the 'Merle as Governor' road as some suspect. Not sure how I feel about that.
* Two random people popping up out of nowhere in the past two episodes. HOW HAS NO ONE ELSE COMMENTED ON THIS? Are they Hershel's other children? He seems to act like they are. Where were they during the events of the previous two episodes then? That seemed like really poor planning on the writers' parts. Almost like they knew they wanted to introduce two more characters but didn't want to pay the actors for a couple of episodes. Totally shades of Nikki and Paolo on 'LOST'. If they just haphazardly get killed off in the barn as haphazardly as they were introduced that will just be the sloppiest writing of the season IMO.

That's all I can think of for now. I watch the show with two friends who've never read the books and they are on the edge of their seats the whole time when we watch it. Afterward, they say they love the show but almost can't bear the tension. I find that interesting because, while I love the show, I certainly don't feel anywhere near the tension they do. I guess that's the difference between those who've read the books and those who haven't. I had no fear for Glen during the well scene for example because I know he has a greater future in store, whereas they have no idea who lives and who dies or when, so it's all very nerve-wracking for them. Seeing how invested they're getting, it almost makes me wish I was approaching the show with fresh eyes too. Almost. [Wink]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think you should put TOO too much faith in knowing the comic... Kirkman has stated that the TV show should be considered a seperate though related entity, which is how I am looking at it this season (and am enjoying it a LOT more because of it).

As for the mysterious extra Greene kids showing up-- Pov, Dev and I definitely commented on that but I guess it was over on Facebook. Everyone in that house should have been introduced from the get-go.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Andrea has arrived in a big way.

They cemented the way the Maggie/Glenn situation is going this week.

Click Here For A SpoilerAndrea and Shane...wow, big deviation there.

I still think Carol is going to put a move on Darryl this season.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Especially if/when he finds Sophia... she gonna go Cougar on his fine young self... LD

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
And re: your spoiler, Dev... yes, but I like it. [Evil]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
So do I actually. Makes sense too with how things are playing out.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Another good episode... I enjoyed the focus on Dale. And I **love** the A and S deviation!

I'm hoping from here on in Andrea will be less insufferable for me.

Also, I'm very glad there's no more secrets between Lori and Rick!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
EXCELLENT EFFING EPISODE!!!!

Each scene felt like it served a purpose--it was jam-packed!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Dang, Andrea must have been feeling pretty good after shooting all those zombies... I didn't see that pair-up coming, but I kinda like it... if things play out similarly to the books for the lucky guy whose crotch she grabbed, which they could now that Carl is carrying, Andrea could still end up with Dale... good episode overall, with lots of character development, but a tad slow... can't wait for next week!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Today's the last day to enter this years "Stagger-On Role" sweepstakes. I hope today's extra mojo helps me win but if I have to lose it would sting less if a friend got the opportunity.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Mid-season finale tonight! Let's see that barn door bust open!

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

EW's Ken Tucker is totally turning agaisnt the show-- I gave him the old what-for.

You guys could too, if you are enjoying this season:

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2011/11/27/walking-dead-season-2-episode-7-sophia/

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

WELL NOW... how was that for a mid-season finale?

I'm loving it. Really excited to see where things go next, but one thing is sure-- the farm is DONE... It will be overrun with zombies now.

Gee... that was smart, Shane.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
....devastating....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

HOLY CRAP!

That last scene had me on the edge of my seat... wasn't expecting that, though I probably should have... life on the farm ain't gonna be the same...

--------------------

This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.