Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I should be picking these two sketch cards (in color) at Wizard World Philadelphia this Friday from Brendon and Brian Fraim.

The first, based on Drake's fan art, is Ninja Lightning Lad.

-

The second, based on Candle's micro hero, is Sumo Lightning Lad.

-

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Here are the sketches I got from Philadelphia. But I'm still waiting on a sketchbook from Ethan Van Sciver.

Here are the two sketch cards from the Fraims.

Ninja Lightning Lad:

Click for fullsize image

Sumo Lightning Lad:

Click for fullsize image
I'm man enough to admit I'm a fan of the Golden Girls, and knowing Deadpool's obsession with Bea Arthur, I had Reilly Brown draw him with them.

Click for fullsize image

When it was announced Gail Simone was coming back to the Birds of Prey, two fans did a short comic of Gail meeting the Secret Six trying to pass themselves off as the Birds. Here's Ragdoll as Black Canary by Franco Aureliani.

Click for fullsize image

Here's Jennifer Morgan as she appeared in the Conjurers miniseries, by Bill Dinh.

Click for fullsize image

Prysm and Fringe by Tina Tran. I made her rush.

Click for fullsize image

Duela Dent as Card Queen by Charles Paul Wilson III.

Click for fullsize image

Here's Policy Pam by Jamie Fay.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Here's Universo, the next 31st Century GL by Bob Wiacek. It's so light because he did it on a comic board.

Click for fullsize image

And here's Xera of Manna-5 by Sunny Lee.

Click for fullsize image

Here's Supergirl by Mike Lilly. That is, Matrix/Linda during the Earth-Angel period.
Click for fullsize image

Here's Tula as she appeared in Young Justice by Koi Turnbull.
Click for fullsize image

And here's Sailor Jupiter by one of my regulars, Ian Dorian.

Click for fullsize image

And my brand new addition to "Legion Alternity", Ninja Saturn Girl by Tim Smith 3.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

And two I'm very happy with.

I got Nei Ruffino to do a head sketch of my original character, Ebony Dent.

Click for fullsize image

And here's Lightning Lad and Arsenal by Phil Jimenez.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

-

To accompany the Arsenal multiverse piece Viola did, I had her do one of Lightning Lad, with alternate versions of himself, his wife Saturn Girl, and their kids Graym and Garridan.

Basically, Garth took the kids on a tour of the HQ, they wandered off, and when he found them, they were in a room with a time bubble and alternate versions of himself. Now he's trying to explain to Imra just what happened.

From left to right we have...

*Golden Age Lightning Lad: From Legionnaires #54, when some of the Legionnaires were put in a false 1940S.
*Cartoon Lightning Lad: From the second season. Graym and Garridan are asking their mom if they can keep him.
*Lightning Boy: Likewise, with Roy as Robin, here's a Garth that served a Superboy-esque role. This is before the whole "cloning blues" thing.
*Lightning Lad: The version from Action Comics, the main version.
*Surfer Lightning Lad: With the sunglasses inbetween regular Garth and Imra.
*Sumo Lightning Lad: Based off of the Ian Dorian piece. Just seemed fitting since there was a sumo version of Roy in the other piece.
*Emerald Livewire: From the Legion story that had Shrinking Violet using the Emerald Eye to control the Legion.
*Adventurer Garth: An idea I had for a version of Garth as an Indiana Jones-esque adventurer in the 1940s. His sister is a "good girl" secret agent. They're the Lightning Twins.
*Lightning Lass: Not Ayla, but Gender-Reversed Garth.
*Smallville Lightning Lad: From the TV show. He was a little bit of a fanboy in the show, so meeting versions of himself made him go "squee".

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
What a fun piece.! Who is Viola, SK? I'm not familiar with her work.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Viola Tanganelli. Check the thread in Bits about Lian Harper and you'll see more of her art.

http://levyrasputin.deviantart.com/

She did this piece first.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=728139&GSub=90046

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

She also did this as an unexpected bonus.

-

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
These are both fun and wonderful!
I love her work and your imagination!
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Hey guys... has anyone else gotten any con sketches recently? It just, it feels like I'm the only one who posts sketches on here anymore.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I only go to one con and only go for a few sketches as I usually don't have a lot of free time while I'm there. Thanks for sharing, though! I enjoy them.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking about bringing a sketch book this time SK.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Just thought I'd ask.

Beyond getting my own, I love seeing what other people ask for because I learn about new artists.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I realize it's been a while since I posted any new sketches in here. So, here are the ones I got at the Midtown Comics "Not at Comic Con" Party and ComiConn.

The first four are from Midtown. I've decided I'd like to start a theme with Larry Hama, considering his work on G.I. Joe, to get sketches of the United Planets Military Cadets from the FYL continuity. To start off, here's Chuck Taine.

Click for fullsize image

The next is my third from Evan Dorkin. Straight from his smash debut in Tiny Titans #42, here's Duckzarro!

Click for fullsize image

Here's a sketch from the lovely Rebekah Isaacs. Rocket from the Milestone series "Icon", my favorite Milestone character and one of my favorite teen superheroes.

Click for fullsize image

This next, and last one, is actually a gift that was meant for Bill Walko. Since he couldn't be at San Diego, or Midtown, I got Amy Reeder to do a headsketch of former Titan Flamebird, who should soon be appearing in "Batwoman", which Miss Reeder will be working on.

Click for fullsize image

Appropriately, these next two pieces are from Bill, which I received at ComiConn last week. Bill's a fan of the "Jem" cartoon series, and so am I. He did redesigns of the Holograms (Jem's band in case you didn't know) and is planning on doing redesigns of the Misfits and the Stingers. I asked Bill to do a sketch of Stormer from the Misfits. And, he threw in Kimber, Jem's younger sister, for no extra charge, as a nod to the episode where the two briefly became a duo.

Click for fullsize image

Along with the above piece, I asked Bill to do a quick head sketch of Joseph Michael Linsner's Dawn, because I thought it would be a fun contrast between the lovely, adult Dawn, and Bill's all-ages style.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Continuing from ComiConn, here's Chameleon Girl by Stefanie Battalene.

Click for fullsize image

And, from the Khund Legionnaires, here's Veilmist by Shawnti Therrien.

Click for fullsize image

Liz Ortiz was sharing a table with Shawnti. Now, funny story, Liz shares the shame name with a voice actress who worked on the dub of one of my favorite animes, Revolutionary Girl Utena. So, I brought one of the DVDs along to get autograph. Boy was my face red. But Liz was nice enough to do this card for me of an alternate version of Dark Angel.

Click for fullsize image

Here's Nightwing One Million, one of the future heroes from DC One Million. He was part of Justice Legion B, which was made up of future versions of the Fab Five and led by Resurrection Man. This is by Cesar Feliciano.

Click for fullsize image

Here's Molecule, one of the short-lived One Year Later Teen Titans, by Tyler James.

Click for fullsize image

One of my favorite things about Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade was Belinda Zee, Supergirl's evil twin. So deliciously smug and full of herself, here she is immortalized by Mike DeCarlo.

Click for fullsize image

And here's a quick head sketch of Batman by Mark McKenna.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.