Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
An Andy Lanning Shikari!
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:

-

Power Boy and Gravity Kid by Phil Jimenez

Fuh-Fuh-FABOO!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
My sketches from Wild Pig Comic Con.

Amalgam's Timberwolf-By-Night (Brin + Werewolf by Night) by Neil Vokes.

Click for fullsize image

Neil also did Hazmat (one of the Reboot Legion cadets with no name)

Click for fullsize image

Mark McKenna did a headsketch of "Sister Lobo" from the LEGION Elseworlds annual.

Click for fullsize image

Nick Mockoviak did the demonic version of Tenzil from LoSH #105.

Click for fullsize image

Ian Glaubinger did Rainbow Girl.

Click for fullsize image

And J.K. Woodward did these three Supergirls. Matrix, Ariella Kent, and Linda Danvers.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
And this was a commission I had Viola do for the Bring Back Lian Harper Movement.

Click for fullsize image

Oh, and a little guide to who's who... from left to right...

*Li Harper: Gender-reversed Lian, son of Levy's G-R version of Roy, Scarlet Harper.
*Lian and Earth-618 Lian: The regular continuity Lian on the shoulders of Earth-618 Lian. The commission takes place on Levy's Earth-618 fanon, but I wanted the focus to be New Earth Lian.
*DC Empire Lian: Marveling at electricity, just like her dad in the first Multiverse commission I had Levy do.
*Speedy Lian: From Titans #25.
*Red Hood: From Kingdom Come.
*Baby Lian: Being held by Red Hood, in a little pair of penguin footy PJs. Also from Titans #25.
*Evil Lian: Trapped in the stockings through the efforts of Speedy and Robin.
*Robin Lian: From a world where Roy was Bruce's sidekick. Would she be like Jason, Tim, Steph, Damian, or Carrie?
*Arsenal Lian: From the Reverse JLA world, where the Fab Five were the JLA, and their sidekicks are Batboy, Aquaboy, Kid Flash, Speedy, and Wonder Girl. This Lian was Red Arrow's first Speedy, conceived in a relationship similar to Green Arrow's son by Shado. She took on the Arsenal name after going to college to study to be a doctor while Ollie is the new Speedy.

Flying near the tree...

*DC Hogwarts Lian: From one of Levy's fanons.
*Wonder Tot: From Titans #25."

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoy the spirit and detail and movement of her work.
This one is very fun.

I like the Supergirl 3 drawing, as well!
[Yes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Now, to play catch-up.

This was a commission I had my brother do in November. How many of you have watched Jem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSPb56-_I98

My brother Chris, who gained a modicum of internet fame through his "Minimalist Batgirls" and "Minimalist Robins" artwork, did a set of five minimalist head shots of Jem's rivals, The Misfits.

Click for fullsize image

Here they are separatley. Pizzazz:
Click for fullsize image

Roxy:
Click for fullsize image

Stormer:
Click for fullsize image

Jetta:
Click for fullsize image

And their hanger on biggest fan, Clash:
Click for fullsize image

Their songs were better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pujhOtG4fQ

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

These next two sketches I got at a signing for the new Ray series at Jim Hanley's Universe.

Here's a sketch by Jamal Igle. The subject is Pristine, one of the brainwashed teen heroes from the Terror Titans miniseries. Her TK powers manifested in the form of a large blue eye. She invoked the image of the Emerald Empress, and her powers are similar to Cera Kesh in a sense.

Click for fullsize image

And from Rich Perrotta, well, since I wasn't familiar with his art style, I thought I'd play it safe and asked for a sketch of the new Ray, Lucien Gates.

Click for fullsize image

Andrew Willmore, a.k.a. Studio Bueno of DeviantArt, was willing to mail out Christmas cards featuring the artwork seen below. After I received mine, I asked Andrew if I could post it on CAF. This image, of a gator Santa Claus, is a nod to a previous, Halloween picture of the same alligator dressed as a cowboy while trick-or-treating.

Click for fullsize image

Speaking of DeviantArt, Xiaoniao was taking requests for female characters done in a Teen Titans animated style. I asked for Duela Dent.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

These sketches I got at the Big City Dare 2 Draw event.

This first sketch is from Ian Dorian, one of my regulars. This is a headshot of Vesper, a relatively unknown character who was the star of a four issue miniseries, and later an ongoing that ended after two issues, published by Acetylene Comics in the 90s. Vesper's sort of a guilty pleasure of mine. My dad had given me the first issue of the first mini with some comics he bought in a flea market.

Click for fullsize image

From Dave Fox, I have one of the Bloodlines characters, Razorsharp. I've been trying to get Rae from Dave for a year but I haven't been able to get hands on reference material. Well, whenever my printer's been refilled and I've been printing reference images, it was never for conventions Dave was at.

Click for fullsize image

Before the above picture, Dave did this for me. This is Crystal, one of the lesser known members of the Team Titans.

Click for fullsize image

Speaking of Titans, I've also been holding out hope of getting a sketch card of Prysm, from Dan Jurgens' TT book, from Brian Kong. With this sketch, I've decided to make sure Prysm is a different color with every future sketch.

Click for fullsize image

And now, the Legion sketches. This first one is by Jamal Igle. A brand new, original addition to my Legion Alternity collection, this is Composite Supergirl. One half Kara, one half Stephanie Brown.

Click for fullsize image

Following that, Jamal did a quick head sketch of Supergirl impersonator Lesla Lar.

Click for fullsize image

This sketch wasn't done at the show. I was hoping to see Guy Dorian there but he got held up, so I gave the sketchbook and the money for this to Guy's brother, Ian. Here's another Sumo Lightning Lad sketch. I've been wanting to get this after Ian did the original piece last year, and I got curious as to how Guy would've drawn Garth. I'd say he's managed to perfectly get the in-between of "muscular" and "fat".

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my sketches from London Super Comic-con. Left to right they're 21CL-Spark, 21CL-Trinity (Triad), postboot Umbra and Academy X Wind Dancer.

-  -  -  -

The Wind Dancer one I only saw today [by e-mail - I still don't have the actual sketch in-hand] and I'm not happy with it (the version here is actually edited in various ways to take the edges off stuff like the pose - which I don't think suits the character - or the choice of paper colour that I just plain don't like).

The other sketches I like a lot more (even if the right arm in the Trinity sketch is a bit awkward!).

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Who're the artists?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Spark was done by Miguel Jorge* (who also threw in a Jessica Drew Spider-Woman print, that's nice enough but of the "wrong" Spider-Woman for me), the Trinity was by Nich Angell*, Dave Stokes did the Umbra (which was pre-done, he had a whole book of LSH sketches. The only postboot ones he had were Umbra, Gates and Thunder though - most were preboot or retroboot - and his Gates was odd, with arms/shoulders far too big, so I got the Umbra. You can see most of them here, where he has Umbra mislabelled as "Shadow Lass"!), and the Wind Dancer I didn't like was by Lee Bradley.

*Also, points to both of these guys for drawing from micros. [Smile]

[ March 11, 2012, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Wind Dancer is an X-Man?
I love that name.
What is her power set, besides flying?

I like the Umbra.
I talked with an artist at my comic shop about Tasmia.
He looked her up on line.
I wanted an Umbra drawing.
He drew the Cockrum/Grell version and labeled her Umbra.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Wind Dancer WAS with the X-Men. She was a member of the New Mutants Training Squad back when the school had near hundreds of students. She had wind manipulating abilities, but she lost those along with most of the other students who were depowered by the Scarlet Witch.

She later joined a defunct version of the New Warriors made up of ex-mutants. She called herself Renascence.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Reboot

Your google-fu is strong, young kid [Smile]

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Meh.

I've seen Dave's artwork on DA. He does great Legion pieces.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.