Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » SPOILER: Karate Kid and JLU (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: SPOILER: Karate Kid and JLU
Cotton King
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cotton King   Email Cotton King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, this is actually my first post on this board, but I am a long time fan of the Legion, and I am also a big fan of the new series and hope that it can last.

Now for the purpose of my message...

Is Karate Kid a new member of the JLA?

In the latest issue of Wizard, there is a large pic of about 40 or so heroes that are shown as being potential members of the new JLA. Way in the back of the team pic is Karate Kid (current version). I wonder if there isn't a Kara/Val swap in the near future...

Any insight from anyone?

--Tim [Hmmm?]

[ January 03, 2006, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: South Bend, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
HI Cotton King.

Can't answer your question, but I can say "Welcome to Legion World!"

I hope it's not KK. These time swaps never went over well with me.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Nice catch.

Click for fullsize image

The image is a bit suspect since Dr. Fate is no longer alive and no longer looks that way. I hope they aren't changing Green Arrow's outfit to that. Yuck.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
KK switching eras isn't without precedent.

And DC *does* seem to be on a bit of a 70s jag lately....

LET THE SPECULATION RUN RAMPANT!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Some other interesting inclusions in that picture as well as some very interesting omissions.

I see Tempest, Troia, & Cyborg but no Nightwing Arsenal or Starfire. Could it mean that Dick, Kory & Roy don't survice IC? Or is that maybe Dick wearing the Bat cowl as has been speculated?

Both Supergirl & Power Girl are on that cover. Maybe Kara will only be a part time, time traveling Legionnaire (as in the original Legion)

Is that The Guardian in the center just above Cyborg's left shoulder? That would be cool. Cooler still if that was actually Mal Duncan (who was the Guardian prior to being Herald. [Big Grin]

Nice to see Red Tornado in the picture next to Ralph (who seems to be wearing fishnet stockings at first glance, though I imagine that means Zatanna is standing next to him off cover [Big Grin] )

Is that the new Blue Beetle below KK or is it maybe Bummblebee in a new version of her outfit?

Also nice to see Adam Strange, Black Lightning and the Phantom Stranger included. They have long been JLA allies (and quasi members)

Four Lanterns are depicted (Hal, Kyle, John & Guy) so I guess they all survived IC)

Is that Wally or Bart (or maybe even Barry)? Enquiring minds want to know! [Big Grin]

You can just make out Booster's arm and lower torso, just above the partial body of Diana, so it appears they both survived also.

And finally, is that Metamorpho or Shift? Hmmmmmm...

As for those not depicted...

Besides Dick, Roy and Kory (already mentioned) I find it odd that Barda isn't there next to Mr Miracle. And there is no Superboy (but I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be up for JLA membership) But most surprising, and of most concern to me, there is no Matian Manhunter and no Capt. Marvel Jr!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
PS: Who is the dark skinned femal below Fate and next to Kendra? Almost looks like Dani Moonstar! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
PS: Who is the dark skinned femal below Fate and next to Kendra? Almost looks like Dani Moonstar! [Big Grin]

That's Vixen

quote:
I see Tempest, Troia, & Cyborg but no Nightwing Arsenal or Starfire.

Is that Arsenal behind the "M" in "America"?

quote:
Is that the new Blue Beetle below KK or is it maybe Bummblebee in a new version of her outfit?

Looks like the new Blue Beetle.

Other interesting tidbits:
I love that the Question is there. Less so that he's colored brown instead of blue.

I like that they have Capt Atom in his silver look - the Kingdom Come looks he has now is ugly.

There's a little person on Ralph's shoulder (the Atom?), but s/he's almost completely in shadow. Hmmm...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I just spoiled myself a bit and got the trade so now I'm only 6 or so issues behind everyone else.

I reiterate everything anyone ever said about those issues. [Smile]

But I didn't see any hints of time traveling. Maybe that's what the spinner racks are for?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Is that Arsenal behind the "M" in "America"?

It might be. Does Arsenal have an Omega on his belt?

There are definitely inconsistencies here, though, because Dr. Light (the chick) and Captain Atom shouldn't be able to be in the Justice League.

I'm happy to see Fire, though!! I like her. [Big Grin] And Kyle. And a Flash that is too tall to be Bart. Uhm... yeah.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
In "JSA:Classified" #2, Lightning Lad said: "I told Brainiac 5 the time traveling was going to mess with her head. Look at what it did to Karate Kid."

That ended up not being the real Lightning Lad(?), but this could be either a clue or a red herring. Even if KK doesn't end up in the JLA, at least it appears that he will be "present" and availlable [SIC?] for membership consideration.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, I so wanna see KK kick Batman's ass!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, that's not a cover. It's an image Wizard commisioned for this article that speculates on Brad Meltzer's upcoming JLA series.

In other words, they could have asked for anybody to appear in it.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Whose hand do you think it is holding the membership notices, or whatever they are?

Nice spotting on the 'little person' perching on Elongated Man's shoulder-- I missed that completely.

Now I want to see Ralph adopt a costume with fishnets [Smile] ...

Is that Shilo in the Mr. Miracle costume, or Scott?

Hope Ollie's readoption of this uniform isn't long-lasting. If he *had* to go back to a different look, I'd rather he went all the way back to the GA look over this one. The 70's costume is the one to stick with, IMO.

Guardian, KKid and the 'little person' are the surprises to me.

The trouble with an image like this one is that whatever lineup is actually settled upon could pale in comparison.

I hope they go for a JL Unlimited-like roster. It'd be kind of interesting if *some* Titans or Outsiders or Doom Patrollers were simultaneously League members. Some openly, some in secret?

[ December 24, 2005, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Also, the only two missing in the fold (Sorry!) is Wonder Woman and Booster Gold.
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CaLASH:

And a Flash that is too tall to be Bart. Uhm... yeah.

Hey! Good point. I got used to the idea of multiple Flashes when Waid wrote Flash a few years ago, it'd be pretty cool to see somebody else take that idea and work it into the JLA again.

quote:
is that Metamorpho or Shift? Hmmmmmm...

A

I thought it was the Ultra-Alien ...ultra-something..

Don't know why though, what would he be doing in a JLA promo image?

..and really, that's the new Blue Beetle? One that carries the scarab and has super-powers?

edit: [LOL] Ralph does look like he's taking "a walk on the wild side"

[ December 24, 2005, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.