Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » SPOILER: Karate Kid and JLU (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: SPOILER: Karate Kid and JLU
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
I'm just amazed that no one has commented on the fact that whoever scanned in that cover, or drawing, folded it over to hide some of the details.

Look at the lettering, instead of the character drawings...

What is being hidden? and why?

I'm the one who scanned it in. Wizard magazine is bound in a way that makes it hard to spread out and the only things that are missing are:

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Also, the only two missing in the fold (Sorry!) is Wonder Woman and Booster Gold.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Me thinks Abin has been watching Conspiracy Theory too much. [Wink]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Darn it Gary, you could have mentioned that earlier...

**Grumble, Grumble, Grumble**

Now I gotta go back to my hand-drawn maps of the grassy knoll... [LOL]

[ December 28, 2005, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, had to go out today and hunt down a copy but here is the full image so everyone can see what was 'missing'. [Smile]

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Darn it Gary, you could have mentioned that earlier...

**Grumble, Grumble, Grumble**

Now I gotta go back to my hand-drawn maps of the grassy knoll... [LOL]

Like Abin wasn't there the first time around. Riiiiight.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I am so totally flumoxed by the thing next to Dr Light's head -- is that Dr Mid-Nite's owl or something, I mean -- what is that?!?!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I think you're right Drake, that could well be the owl. Only other thing I can come up with is another Hawk's headgear...but both Hawkgirl and Hawkman are depicted already.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Not unless his owl is metal. I thought it was Skeet.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's supposed to be the Demon.

Scott, how did you get the full image without ripping the pages out of the book? (Or did you? [Hmmm?] )

[ December 31, 2005, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Could it be Orion's helmet?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I think it's supposed to be the Demon.

Scott, how did you get the full image without ripping the pages out of the book? (Or did you? [Hmmm?] )

Its only Wizard. I usually rip them up for pictures anyway. If you look close enough you can see where I can never get the colors to match exactly when piecing two images together. For some reason one is always darker color even when I don't change the settings.
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:

Could be. I don't think it is anything organic because you can see the metallic flash on it.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I agree. Orion was a member; was Etrigan ever one?
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:

Could be. I don't think it is anything organic because you can see the metallic flash on it.
From the linework I don't think it's metallic. The computer coloring is modeled enough to be misleading (one of the things I hate about computer coloring in the wrong hands is when they make everything look shiny), but I don't see it as metallic flash - it's not as shiny as how the colorist rendered the other metallic objects. (why am I starting to feel like we're examining the Zapruder film?) If there's a version out there without the title over it, we might have an answer.

I also don't see how it could be Orion's helmet -- his helmet's silver (unless he has another one).

[ January 01, 2006, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

After some online research, I found a clean (and larger) version that answers the question.
here's the link:
JLA
A-ha!!

[ January 01, 2006, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.