Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » SPOILER: Karate Kid and JLU (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: SPOILER: Karate Kid and JLU
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd have a huge problem with any of the Legionnaires leaving the 31st Century to join the JLA!!! Karate Kid belongs with the Legion...besides, just like someone said earlier, these swaps never work out, unless it's Superboy or Supergirl going to assist the LSH!!!

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
This probably doesn't mean anything, but what's Green Arrow holding in his hand??
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
that's a cool promo picture, excellent art by ED BENES !!

i'd love for the JLofA to be a big group like it used to be, and they just have to have that original logo back [ in the shield shape ]

not sure what to make of the Karate Kid trade off ??

but still looking forward to seeing what comes up .........

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
This probably doesn't mean anything, but what's Green Arrow holding in his hand??

I thought it looked like the head on a trick arrow, but who knows...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmmm.... I see it's the Justice League of America again, hey?
Does that mean that Aussies like me don't get no protection no more? What a rip. [Wink]

Oh yeah - that Guardian is the one from Seven Soldiers... Hmmmmm. I liked that character, and am intrigued as to the implications of choices like that. Of course, this is just a promo piece, but...

[ December 26, 2005, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Star Boy ]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
PS: Who is the dark skinned femal below Fate and next to Kendra? Almost looks like Dani Moonstar! [Big Grin]

It's funny they say they are not trying to be like the animated JLU with a big lineup. Yet Vixen (the one in question) looks very similiar to her JLU self here. [Wink]

Personally I think it's a good idea. I love seeing the big lineup in the cartoon. I mean watching the cowboy Vigilante fighting Thanagarians on an alien planet? Nice.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Back to KK being in the JLA? Geez, I am very against interacting with the 21st century. It's all the same mistakes they did the first time.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
It's funny they say they are not trying to be like the animated JLU with a big lineup. Yet Vixen (the one in question) looks very similiar to her JLU self here.

And you know there's no way the Question would've been included in that shot if it weren't for the cartoon. I wonder how much leeway the artist had in terms of who to include?

For an article about Meltzer's JLA, lookee here:
The Pulse

[ December 27, 2005, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I figure its a promo piece, so it doesn't mean much.

Still, like others, I like the idea of a big JLA like this, with all the traditional big guns, and some secondary characters too that really get a chance to shine. Though perhaps a limit at some point?

I have to say that I really like the idea of the SS Guardian being in the JLA too if that were to come to pass.

And you know what? I actually kind of like KK in the JLA, but wouldn't he belong in the Titans? I certainly don't want any teenagers in the JLA. The idea of strong Legion connections to the past through Supergirl, Karate Kid, Mon-El and Superman when he was a boy is very pleasing to me--even after all the screw-ups over the years that have resulted from such things.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well since one's done one yet... here is the breakdown of heroes we see according to my eye.
Starting top left..

Animal Man, Fire, Arsenal?, Firehawk, Ion, Metamorpho, Mister Miracle, Adam Strange, Guy, the Mahattan Gurdian, Tempest, new Blue Beattle, Karate Kid, Dr Fate, Troia, Question, Firestorm, Dr Light II, someone with blonde hair?

Next row from the left....

Aquaman, Power Girl, Captain Marvel, Supergirl, Phantom Stranger, Huntress, Black Lighting, Captain Atom, Cyborg, Hawkman, Booster Gold-but why can't you see his face?, Vixen, Hawkgirl, Red Torando, Atom, Elgonated Man and Zantanna.

Bottom Row....

Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Flash, Green Lantern John Stwert, Wonder Woman - but why no face again?, Batman and Superman.

Two Questions then....

So we have all everyone but one curical memeber of every JL. Where the heck is J'onn J'onzz?

Qho is the hand that is giving them the cards?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just amazed that no one has commented on the fact that whoever scanned in that cover, or drawing, folded it over to hide some of the details.

Look at the lettering, instead of the character drawings...

What is being hidden? and why?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
So we have all everyone but one curical memeber of every JL. Where the heck is J'onn J'onzz?

They don't want give away what's going to happen to him in IC.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Cobalt:

And you know what? I actually kind of like KK in the JLA, but wouldn't he belong in the Titans? I certainly don't want any teenagers in the JLA.

I say thee nay! That's my main problem with the teenagers thing. IMO the Legion is the JLA of the 31st century. Heck, they can be the JLA, JSA, and the Teen Titans since they are a Legion! I hate forcing them into just teenagers. My Legion was the brightest and the best of the 31st century...like the JLA. Waid thinks the teenager thing is a primary element...I don't.

Also Supergirl(Kara) was never a Teen Titan that I know of. But she was in the JLA (as well as Legion).

[ December 27, 2005, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

DrakeB3004

I agree that the teen element isn't so crucial to what my notion of the Legion is. Having a wider range of ages would've been a cool way to reinvent the Legion but I do like that Waid changed things up, reimagining the Legion as a social movement and that there are thousands of Legionnaires now.

As for teens in the JLA, I'm not against the concept, as long as the JLA remains the top tier level of heroes on the planet - I've never been into the JLA lineups that were filled with unproven talent. (bwa-ha-ha JL aside cuz it was just funny, but it didn't really seem like the *JLA* until they added some power).

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Also Supergirl(Kara) was never a Teen Titan that I know of. But she was in the JLA (as well as Legion).

Kara wasn't but Supergirl (Matrix) was. And isn't she still around somewhere?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.