Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 58)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, it's great to be back.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
So, any renewed interest in re-opening the MoLA?

If so, we can add another annex!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the time may be ripe.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, my Legion-sense is tingling!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry, but what does 'another annex' mean?

Whatever it is, if that means Drake will be posting his work again, plus Sketch and LLASH doing more drawings, I vote YES!!!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The "main" museum ran consecutively every month from its beginning until July '08. It closed after that exhibit due to lack of interest. In Jan '09, the MoLA re-opened with a new exhibit, in what I call The Annex. The Directory for all of the exhibits are one page 1 of this thread.

So, I'd be happy to take the job of curator again, as there clearly seems to be interest. My general request is that we get at least a few or even a couple of people to vote on what the theme should be. Also, in the Annex, we began having 2 different themes per month. We'll have to see if this new wing of the place will need that or something different.

So, what theme would people like?

Sarcasm Kid has listed several in the past, as have I, so feel free to browse through this thread for ideas. Of course timely/new ideas are more than welcome.

We can start right away.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay!

I would love to contribute to something, as long as I can find something to posterize. I just can't do original works for awhile longer.
[Razz]

Sarcasm Kid is so cute when he says that he can't believe how easy it is to make suggestions!
sigh

I've had a number of series, but the one I'd maybe like to see others contribute to is the 'Different Vision' idea.
Mine was taking a manga style drawing of Dream Girl and using a model to match it.

So the idea would be to take a character, any Legion Universe character, and reconceptualize them anyway that you like, not manga exclusively, or chibis or hampsters or 'real' or ninjas or . . .

Just a thought.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks, Candle.

I think based on your input and one of Sarc's previous noms, this month's tardy grand reopening of the MoLA should be....

Japanese Mecha Legion!

Here's one example, but feel free to search for more and get those robot Legionnaires done up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha_Musume

(I can't wait to see what comes up!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Things are going GREAT in the current exhibit!!!

So, what should the next theme be?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I vote for 2 individual characters who have not been featured in Legion comics much. Ideas?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
There are quite a few characters that have greater than normal appeal here (but aren't always considered as popular generally), such as Mekt and Drura and Tenzil, but I'm pretty sure they've already gotten plenty of BITS time.

Random ideas;

Legion parents? (Tinya's mom, Gim's folks, Threeboot Sun Boy's fanboi parents, etc.)

Hypothetical Legion kids? (Grown up Graym, various visualizations of what a daughter of Val and Jeckie or a son of Gim and Yera would turn out like.)

I wouldn't mind seeing some exploration of the other teams of the 30-31st century, such as the Heroes of Lallor, Wanderers, Uncanny Amazers (snerk) the Super-Companions and the Workforce. (Although, since there's nothing online about them, I know nothing but names of most of the later Workforce members, like Amber, Dune, Abyss and Twine.)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Lessee Set...
Mekt can be included in the LSV exhibit. He could also be included in the Supporting Characters exhibit.

Drura and Tenzil (along with Calorie Queen) have their own exhibit.

Legion Fathers have an exhibit with no entries! But, the mom's don't have their own exhibit. Though they could also be in the Supporting Characters exhibit.

There is a Legion kids exhibit which welcomes hypothetical versions.

There's an "L" exhibit for the Heroes of Lallor and Leeta87. The other groups would be good candidates for their own exhibits.

So, I will make these your nominations:

Legion Moms

Wanderers

Uncanny Amazers

Super Companions

Workforce

Thanks!

[ January 15, 2010, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

BTW, the complete directory of exhibits is on page 1 of this thread.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I know what I want to nominate!!!

KISSANDRA!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Second.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.