Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Roll Call - 21st Century Legion (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Roll Call - 21st Century Legion
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I've told Reboot this in private, but I'll repeat here publicly--I'm loving these designs. Indeed, his Vi and Spirit (21st Century Tinya) are so good that having a visual of them will inspire me when writing them in upcoming scenes I have planned.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Andromeda's new costume, as of Endgame (which some of you may recognise, if not from the Legion...):

-

[ May 01, 2006, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Catch-up post, since I've made a lot of micros I haven't posted yet [this isn't all, but since I'm only allowed 8 per post, I'll leave the rest till later. If you look back at earlier posts, you'll also note quite a few, mostly small, changes to previously-posted micros]:

In order: Arra, Gear, Dreamer, Micro, Reflex (Sul), Surge (×2, both pre- and post-her getting fixed up) and Wildfire

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

[ June 04, 2006, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

From Cobalt's stuff, Flare (Sun Boy), Proiectra and Tenz:
 -  -  -

And from iB's stuff, Flash (XS), Kinetix and KQ2:
 -  -  -

(Yes, I did clear all these with both of them :) )

And a couple of others:
 -  -

[ June 12, 2006, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
AWESOME designs, 'Boot. You got my three Legion ladies looking real great, there. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Ta. I did a few more I never got round to posting here - redesigns, mostly... and it turns out the board won't let me post them all in one go, so here's 21CL Leviathan...
 -

...and the redesigns [Smile]

-  -  -  -

[I also did a Spark, but in retrospect didn't like it and wrote it out in dialogue without ever finishing a replacement]

--------------------

Reboot

(continued from the previous post due to board limits)

From the Academy, Moonstar, Shikari (both in/out of uniform), Sofia and Impulse
 -  -  -  -

And finally, a couple for characters who you won't recognise & haven't shown up yet [Smile] (or have barely so, at least)...
 -  -  -

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Sofia, as in Wind-dancer? Good job bringing in non-Legion characters, 'Boot. Love how you're writing Dani as well. I don't read the X-Men titles, but your inclusion of them has actually made me interested.

New characters are intriguing. The flier's interesting - is she based on Shrike? And the blonde - light powers, maybe?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Sofia, as in Wind-dancer?

Yep. I mentioned her in passing here (the "In Venezuela,..." line at the bottom of the post*), first established her by name here, and she debuted properly in Opening Day [Smile]

[*Of the rest of that list, "In India" was a reference to Cobalt's use of Kid Psycho; while Hong Kong was Sul/Reflex (Amp Girl), Japan was Surge, Canada was Gear, Massachusetts was Wildfire and "below a desert" was McCauley's captives in general. Otherwise, England was Chamber, who I haven't got round to using yet, and I can't actually remember who the Madagascar one was in reference to offhand...]

quote:
Good job bringing in non-Legion characters, 'Boot. Love how you're writing Dani as well. I don't read the X-Men titles, but your inclusion of them has actually made me interested.

Well, the X-Characters in the Academy (like Dani) are mostly based on NXM: Academy X circa 2004/5 rather than anything more recent (where they're even appearing!)

quote:
New characters are intriguing. The flier's interesting - is she based on Shrike? And the blonde - light powers, maybe?

Technically, they both fly [Smile]

The winged girl's actually a one-shot Spider-Man character from 1997 (who, so far, I've only mentioned in passing in "Opening Day"). And as for the blonde, well, the clue's in another character's micro... [Wink] [powers are taken from another DC character, but not really anything else from her]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
[*Of the rest of that list, "In India" was a reference to Cobalt's use of Kid Psycho; while Hong Kong was Sul/Reflex (Amp Girl), Japan was Surge, Canada was Gear, Massachusetts was Wildfire and "below a desert" was McCauley's captives in general. Otherwise, England was Chamber, who I haven't got round to using yet, and I can't actually remember who the Madagascar one was in reference to offhand...]

Nice foreshadowing there. Madagascar, hmmm. Prodigy (David)? Computp (Danielle)?

PS Awesome use of Gates and Shikari. I can just imagine Gates telling TOB to shut up. Love the continued Star Boy - Gates friendship, and Gates leaving to get Sofia at the end was a nice touch. And Kari trying not to use her "...Legion" nicknames.

quote:

Well, the X-Characters in the Academy (like Dani) are mostly based on NXM: Academy X circa 2004/5 rather than anything more recent (where they're even appearing!)

I looked them up on Wikipedia. Man, those kids have been through hell over in Marvel. You're taking much better care of them.

--------------------

Reboot

quote:
quote:

Nice foreshadowing there. Madagascar, hmmm. Prodigy (David)? Computp (Danielle)?
Nah, it was someone with animal-ish powers, not super-smart powers (besides, David would be American, and Jacques & Danielle Foccart had already been established by Big Bad/Ian Lad, who asked for a moratorium on anyone else using them... and then never came back! Cobalt eventually picked them up for one of his still-unfinished stories [Smile] . Plus, I wouldn't want two characters named Danielle to avoid the inevitable confusion).

I also have the feeling it was someone particularly young, black, and possibly with turning-into-animal powers rather than just strength/speed. Probably never remember who exactly, though.

quote:
PS Awesome use of Gates and Shikari. I can just imagine Gates telling TOB to shut up. Love the continued Star Boy - Gates friendship, and Gates leaving to get Sofia at the end was a nice touch. And Kari trying not to use her "...Legion" nicknames.

Ta. TOB was Comet Queen, BTW - Cobalt asked me to establish her for his use (with Lamprey - only named as "Tanya" or "the green girl" - as her pal). And my take on Gates is that he's someone who can't help helping people - he'll moan like hell about doing it, sure, but he'll go out of his way to help pretty much anyone.

As for Kari's speech pattern, that gave me a LOT of trouble, since going entirely without meant it didn't sound like her enough, but I couldn't justify too much of it since most of the people she's interacting with aren't Legionnaires! What you see in the end was the best compromise I could manage [Smile]

quote:
quote:

I looked them up on Wikipedia. Man, those kids have been through hell over in Marvel. You're taking much better care of them.
Ta. Although Surge has something fairly unpleasant to come that I was kinda-sorta building to with the mentions of Gear's collar for her being temporary - though while that's all plotted out, it's also meant to tie in with Cobalt's big Event that he's never got round to writing.*

At least your postings have given me a bit of a kick to try and sort out that Andromeda dangler [Smile]

[*And, Cobalt, I saw you in the Recent Visitors for this thread the other day. Any comments on that? [Big Grin] ]

And since this a roll call thread, I might as well end by listing all the characters I have noted, huh? Only counting characters seen/named "on-camera", and not parsing through Cobalt's extensive cast beyond the Legionnaires... [Smile]
Legion of Super-Heroes:
  • Leviathan (Official leader)
  • Cosmic Boy (de facto co-leader)
  • Tela [Saturn Girl]
  • Live Wire
  • Spark†
  • Polarity† [Magnetic Kid]
  • Trinity‡ [Triad]
  • Gear
  • Starboy
  • Invisible Kid
  • Shifter [Chameleon]
  • Dreamer
  • Dox [Brainiac 5]
  • Element Lad
  • Quislet
  • Kinetix
  • Flash [XS]
  • Kid Quantum/Jazmin
  • Blizzard [Polar Boy]
  • Rebound [Bouncing Boy]
  • Amihan [Nightwind]
  • Monstress
  • Spirit• [Apparition]
  • Shrinking Violet•
  • Catalyst• [Chemical King]
  • Valor• [Karate Kid]

† - full membership contingent on getting counselling & a positive report from Dr Ryker.
‡ - on medical leave
• - AWOL w/Cobalt's group

Academy
  • Staff:
    • John Jones (headmaster. I'm sure you can guess [Smile] )
    • Danielle Moonstar (head of Powers dept) [X-character]
    • Shikari
    • Tikhik Miraz [Gates]
  • Students:
    • Sofia Mantega [Wind Dancer, X-character]
    • Ming Sul/Reflex [Amp Girl, DnA Cadet]
    • Noriko Ashida/Surge [X-character]
    • Serena Grava/Comet Queen
    • Tanya Scott [Lamprey]
    • (plus a load more unnamed)

Cathingham:
  • Lydia Grath/Nightwatchman [Night Girl]
  • Andromeda
  • Toni [Argent]
  • Mayor Vasey

A few more are intended, particularly for the Academy, but all bar a couple are as background rather than major characters (Plus a couple more students Cobalt asked for at the Academy).

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to see you jumping back in, IB! Can't wait to read thosts posts.

Also, really glad to see 'Boot's complete mastery of this universe remains supreme. [Big Grin]

I still have a huge amount of notes at my work desk to pick up and continue my plot lines! Probably not at the moment but maybe in the coming weeks / months I can pick this back up.

I'll have to do a refresher anyway on where I am and where everyone's stories are. I may still have a few previously written parts that haven't been posted yet.

I still have major plans for the massive amount of characters I'm writing, including the ones from other's stories that I roped in. In fact, when I get back full time, we can perhaps coordiante the "BIG EVENT" a bit more properly. [Smile]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks for the roll call, 'Boot! Just a couple corrections - I believe Quislet is spelled "Qwyzlyt", unless someone changed it somewhere along the line.

And I chose "Amazon" as a codename for Monstress, since my take on her is that she wouldn't think of herself as a monster anymore.

Love the additions of Gear, Star Boy, Magnetic Kid and Spark to the big team, btw.

Nightwatchman - sounds interesting. Dang, I should really read through all this. I know I seem to have a lot of time on the Boards lately, but I don't really have the time to absorb and digest all the fiction YET.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Re future plans, good to be back too. And sorry for making you guys wait what, 7 years? [Razz]

'Boot, Cobie, glad you're both still actively planning on keeping on writing. I don't have any immediate plans for now - plotting is my weak spot, and I want to finish my "Loss" fic first. I still have 21 Legionnaires to write entries for. Feel free to use the Legionnaires I intro'ed in background scenes or even in the main narrative, if you want to juggle a few more characters in [Wink] My only request is that you don't make any lasting changes to them.

Can't wait for this "Big Event" [Wink]

I MAY introduce Infectious Lass and Wildfire too. I think someone's already brought Drake in, though? Does anyone have a list of all the characters here?

And I think all my other faves are somewhere in the narrative, so I'm all good.

--------------------

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Also, really glad to see 'Boot's complete mastery of this universe remains supreme. [Grin]

Heh

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I still have major plans for the massive amount of characters I'm writing, including the ones from other's stories that I roped in. In fact, when I get back full time, we can perhaps coordiante the "BIG EVENT" a bit more properly. [Smile]

Well, I'm sure I told you, in broad strokes at least, what I was planning for my two tie-ins.

*checks*

Yeah, it was in the "Superboy Prime" PM thread. Only thing I'm not so sure about now is the zombies, which I've kinda been looking for an alternative on. Might still go with them.

quote:
Thanks for the roll call, 'Boot! Just a couple corrections - I believe Quislet is spelled "Qwyzlyt", unless someone changed it somewhere along the line.

Actually, back at Quislet "joining" [I see him more as a tag-along they've never managed to rid of!] Vee, who intro'ed the character had it as real-name Qwyzlyt, codename Quislet.

quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
“Okay, I think that does it,” Gene said.

HEY, YOU FORGOT ONE!

“Who said that?” Gene asked, looking around, first at Rex and Lorna, and then around the room to see if someone else had come in.

ME!!!! YOU FORGOT ME!!!! I WANT TO BE A LEGIONNAIRE TOO!!!

By now the three young people could see the little silver ship hovering up near the ceiling of the conference room. There was some sort of shimmering field barely visible behind it. Suddenly, a bright ray of light flashed down to the pen laying on the table and engulfed it in brilliant white light. As the light faded the pen stood up, walked to the paper and, in large flowing script, added something to the bottom of the list.

“Look! It wrote what looks like Q-W-Y-Z-L-Y-T’ under name and ‘Quislet’ under codename,” Rex gasped.

Gene buried his head in his arms on the table and sob “Oh god! Why me? This is just too much!” as Rex and Lorna laughed and Quislet (in the pen) did a passable imitation of a jig on the paper, adding a huge florish to the bottom of the paper.

WHAT FUN!!! the newest Legionnaire laughed.

Oddly enough, no-one's ever bothered to remember the 5D spelling since!

quote:
And I chose "Amazon" as a codename for Monstress, since my take on her is that she wouldn't think of herself as a monster anymore.

Cobalt, you didn't have any plans for Themiscyra, did you? [Razz]

[No, I don't think he did - but hell, he's using Superman, Superboy & Batman, so it isn't out of the question!]

quote:
Love the additions of Gear, Star Boy, Magnetic Kid and Spark to the big team, btw.

Nightwatchman - sounds interesting. Dang, I should really read through all this. I know I seem to have a lot of time on the Boards lately, but I don't really have the time to absorb and digest all the fiction YET.

Haven't used Gear or Starboy on "the big team" much - the only time I've sent them on a mission was, ironically enough, in Nightwatchman. Other than introducing Lydia, though, that was mostly a Shifter-heavy story, with Lyle as the main support.

[It's also, having read over it last night, irritatingly typo-ridden...]

I do still have plans for a Lydia/Reed follow-up, actually. It's just all about finding the time - and, more importantly, concentration! - to write...

quote:
Re future plans, good to be back too. And sorry for making you guys wait what, 7 years? [tongue]

Tsh-pshaw nonsense. It was only *checks* five years, four months, one week, six days, one hour and twenty-three minutes! [Wink]

quote:
Feel free to use the Legionnaires I intro'ed in background scenes or even in the main narrative, if you want to juggle a few more characters in [wink] My only request is that you don't make any lasting changes to them.

That's pretty much been my "rule" all along with "other people's characters" - I've used ones like Zoe, Jenni and Dreamer mostly to progress the stories of "my" characters rather than for arcs over their own. [That said, glancing over stuff, I've used Nura quite a bit! Mostly as support for Tela though - Cobalt established them as best friends, so when I put Irma through the ringer, Nura almost has to come along!]

quote:
Can't wait for this "Big Event" [wink]

And yet, you'll have to [Razz]

quote:
I MAY introduce Infectious Lass and Wildfire too. I think someone's already brought Drake in, though? Does anyone have a list of all the characters here?

A guy called M'onel (not to be confused with the infamous "Valor the M'Onel", whose "contributions" we ignore...) created Wildfire... with the postboot origin! [Oddly enough, the same guy gave Andromeda her preboot origin]

I used him/them briefly in Endgame thereafter (from this post onward), but never really followed up on that - he just fell through the cracks when I was moving guys around thereafter (I had half-formed plans for him, but never developed them beyond that), so he's pretty much a blank slate if you want him.

As for a list of characters... I've got a full list of "my" characters (as well as characters I've set aside), and some notes on others - but I don't have a comprehensive list of every character used, especially by Cobalt, to hand. Anyone else you have in mind?

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.